Printer Friendly

Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Charity2174

Casa Grande, AZ
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2004 :  06:31:21 AM  Send Charity2174 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was contacted by a scheduler that got my contact info from somebody else and asked if I would consider picking up some assignments in Phoenix. I e-mailed them back and asked for more details then was called by a very nice gentleman asking about my MS experience. After going over some of my qualifications he asked if we could meet this month and he would fly into town. I have never met any of the people I work for so this just seemed "odd." He said we will go do the shops together and he will give me the needed software and pay me for the work. He sounded very upfront but flying in just seemed strange since it would be the first time this happened. Has anyone worked with this company? I just want to make sure everything is one the up and up...you never know anymore. It does sound like a great job though and easy since I already do similar shops.

SILVER CERTIFICATE 1eqpz8: Shopping through AZ; observing empoyees and hunting for bargains along the way!

MrsKenna
Star Contributor

Oxnard, CA
USA
1641 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2004 :  6:22:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is a good company. I have done plenty of work for them but some shopper in my area keeps snapping up the shops!! Anyway, the staff is really cool! I like them a lot.

http://www.dynamic-advantage.com
http://shops.dynamic-advantage.com

CALIFORNIA- Oxnard, Camarillo, Ventura, Port Hueneme and neighboring cities
Go to Top of Page

Charity2174

Casa Grande, AZ
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2004 :  7:54:27 PM  Send Charity2174 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
MrsKenna,
Did you have to "audition" for your first assignments? Have you met your scheduler in person?

SILVER CERTIFICATE 1eqpz8: Shopping through AZ; observing empoyees and hunting for bargains along the way!
Go to Top of Page

MrsKenna
Star Contributor

Oxnard, CA
USA
1641 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2004 :  6:31:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Charity, I never audition for their shops. I worked for them before they switched to the new company.

CALIFORNIA- Oxnard, Camarillo, Ventura, Port Hueneme and neighboring cities
Go to Top of Page

Andrea P
Star Contributor

Wheatley Heights, New York
USA
556 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2005 :  11:08:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
MrsKenna,
I think Charity means how do you apply top become a shopper with them? They do not seem to have an online application on their home page and the prophet page that was posted earlier in the thread is only for those who have an existing password. Thanks.

MSPA Gold Shopper # 63irfm
Shopping Suffolk & Nassau Counties; Manhattan; Queens; Brooklyn, New York and Bergen County, New Jersey
Go to Top of Page

MrScott

San Diego, CA
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2005 :  6:12:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dynamic Advantage pays reguarly and a fair amount. They are responsive to phone calls and emails. The personal interviews happen when you are applying for a route. They take their business seriously and want to make sure there is a personal connection between you and their company. I admit this is very odd in the business but they want to keep their clients. Treating the shoppers right goes a long way to doing that. My wife and I have been doing a lot of work for them since June 2004, and usually they pay faster than the 30 days they promise.
Go to Top of Page

Jess0697

CA
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2005 :  07:05:53 AM  Visit Jess0697's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Go to the contact page and you will see an email for registration. I am waiting on a response from my email earlier today.
Go to Top of Page

Dee in AZ
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
663 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2005 :  1:16:05 PM  Send Dee in AZ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Charity,
I don't have experience with this company but this type of thing is done. One of the companies I work for every month flew in and trained me at the restaurant before giving me the monthly job. I remember thinking it was very strange but they have a very particular client and they personally train their shoppers.

It has turned out to be one of my favorite shops!

Deanna Kessler
Deannna.kessler@seelevelhx.com
Go to Top of Page

Cchrissyy
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
170 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2005 :  4:25:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I like working for them but never had to meet anybody in person.
What sort of assignment were you going to do for them? Must be a diferent client than mine...

Chrissy
Northern CA full-time shopper
Proudly MSPA gold certified!
Go to Top of Page

MaryLou
Inactive

East County / San Diego, CA
USA
915 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2005 :  5:04:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
OK OK. Here's the scoop.

Dynamic Advantage is made up of mainly (if not all) of the same people who ran Commercial Services Systems. Mr. Dumanis (his first name escapes me, as I always called him Mr. Dumanis out of respect) started his company way back when (maybe 40 years ago plus). Back in the day, they used to actually meet each employee as they often dropped off the reports at the office (per a conversation with one of the owners).
Back when I applied to work with them, maybe 4-5 years ago, I had a phone interview with Mr. Dumanis. He requested my driver's license, proof of insurance and my resume - not a job application, my full resume with all of my research studies - the whole nine yards! Oh gosh, I just remembered. They actually wanted me to drive to their office for a full day a training and to meet me in person. Somehow, I managed to talk them out of that. I had little kids at the time, and shoot, LA traffic? Have you seen it on the news? NO WAY JOSE!
They take their business seriously and feel that their shoppers are a direct reflection on their company. So, if their shoppers "do" bad, they look bad. That is why on larger accounts and routes, they might be asking for a personal interview. Believe me, they have been nothing but professsional with me. Mr. Dumanis passed away about a year or so ago. He was quite elderly if I recall correctly, maybe 80 years old? He must have worked quite close up to the end of his life. I always chuckled when we talked, as he used the speakerphone and somebody had pre-programmed his phone numbers. He could never remember anyone's phone number, just what extension they were - Bless his heart. Most of his famliy members still work there. Sonewhere, there is an old article about him and his old company that was written in the Los Angeles Times. Perhaps somebody who can access the newspaper archives can find it?
Anyway, there should be nothing fishy about meeting any of their schedulers. Heck, I'd have them drop by the house if they were closer. They are all really nice people, and they got back on a quick pay schedule again too. They are loyal and honest in my book. Two thumbs up and a bag of chips.
Go to Top of Page

SueW

San Jose, CA
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2007 :  11:56:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How often do they pay? Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

Marla R.

Yorba Linda, CA
USA
35 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2007 :  6:55:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love shopping for this company. They pay monthly (or a little sooner sometimes) and I have never had any problems working for them.
Go to Top of Page

Debbo
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
267 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  3:53:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love this company already, and I haven't even worked for them. I applied from their website over the weekend, and received an email this morning with attachments including a spelling test, a grammar exercise, and a request for a two-part writing sample! After plowing through quite a number of MSCs who accepted me on the basis of my name, address and little else, this came as a very welcome surprise. And having read the comments on this thread, I am very much hoping that they have projects here in the Carolinas.

Debra
MSPA Shopper of the Year 2009
Video shopping in the Carolinas and throughout the US
Go to Top of Page

Carosell
Star Contributor

Virginia
USA
286 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  5:32:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
From all of the positive comments I would like to apply but I couldn't find where to do this on their website, What am I missing?
Thanks.

Cholle
MSPA Gold certified
Go to Top of Page

Debbo
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
267 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  6:46:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They don't make it obvious, do they? Send an email to shop@dynamic-advantage.com .

Debra
MSPA Shopper of the Year 2009
Video shopping in the Carolinas and throughout the US
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  9:34:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if they need shoppers in Florida? Thanks!

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Aileen M.
Star Contributor

Naperville, IL
USA
410 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2007 :  08:57:54 AM  Visit Aileen M.'s Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any more feedback?

Aileen Mullee
General Manager
Ann Michaels and Associates
Go to Top of Page

ChrisT
Star Contributor

USA
1513 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2007 :  09:02:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Pro
They pay on time and have friendly schedulers

Con
The reports are highly detailed and some shops require many interactions!

ChrisT
Deliriously Happy Shopping Uncertifiable
Go to Top of Page

Aileen M.
Star Contributor

Naperville, IL
USA
410 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2007 :  09:34:58 AM  Visit Aileen M.'s Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisT

Pro
They pay on time and have friendly schedulers

Con
The reports are highly detailed and some shops require many interactions!

Do you think the pay is adequate for so much detail? I just turned in all my application documents with them, so I have yet to actually see any assignment information.

Aileen Mullee
General Manager
Ann Michaels and Associates
Go to Top of Page

ChrisT
Star Contributor

USA
1513 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2007 :  09:59:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aileen M.
Do you think the pay is adequate for so much detail? I just turned in all my application documents with them, so I have yet to actually see any assignment information.

For one of 'em yes, cuz I like the food at the place, however for their grocery shop there are just too many interactions and specific details needed then I like. Even if I were to use my DVR, I still like to do as little associate interactions as possible.

If you need to buy groceries and consider the reimbursement as part of your pay, and don't mind to interact with a lot of associates then it's okay, otherwise it's a 10-ft pole shop.

ChrisT
Deliriously Happy Shopping Uncertifiable
Go to Top of Page

KathleenInCA

Los Angeles, CA
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2008 :  1:39:17 PM  Send KathleenInCA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've just started shopping for this company, and it's one of my new favorites. I've had contact with only one person, and she's great. I'm not used to getting a lot of follow-up questions to my reports, but I have gotten a number of them with this company -- with one of their clients in particular. But, I just signed up for four shops in four days with that client, which I'm hoping I'll write up without any need for a follow-up.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums