Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

MaryLou
Inactive

East County / San Diego, CA
USA
915 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2003 :  01:26:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
National Shopping Service just paid me for a shop that I did for a company that went belly-up. I was concerned, since I knew that they wouldn't get paid (at least not in full). I was reassured by my scheduler, Shawn (love that guy), that I would be paid. I got my check today right on time. RIGHT ON!

http://www.nationalshoppingservice.com

ADMIN NOTE:
National Shopping Service (NSS) and National Shopping Service Network (NSSN) are 2 different companies. Please do not confuse them in replying to this thread.

RhondaGN
Valued Contributor

Central San Joaquin Valley, CA
USA
241 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2003 :  07:03:20 AM  Send RhondaGN an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
NSSData is also one of my favorite shopping companies. They always pay on time and my assignments are always ready for me on time and if there is a "no shop" on a regular assignment for that month, NSS always sends out an email in plenty of time alerting us to the fact. They have changed their website and now it is so much more organized too. I like the new look.

Rhonda

P.S. Shawn and Shasta are two of my most favorite schedulers also.

MSPA Gold Certified June 2003 shopping Central Cal from Fresno to Modesto
Go to Top of Page

CarolynRosell
Star Contributor

Vineland, NJ
USA
1417 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2003 :  12:44:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi,

NSS was the 1st company that I shopped for. I have been with them for several years and have never had a problem.

I have only done two types of shops for them though, a restaurant and gas station.
The two schedulers I have are wonderful!

I shop Vineland, Deptford, Mays Landing and Atlantic City, NJ
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

RenaeinPA

Pittsburgh, PA
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2003 :  9:32:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
NSS is a great company to work with. I have done regular assignments with them for a few different locations. The schedulers are great and very prompt in replying. The payment is consistent and accurate and the website is easy to navigate. I have found them to go above and beyond to keep their shoppers happy.

Renae in PA
Go to Top of Page

PennyW
Contributor

NH
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2003 :  4:02:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been shopping for NSS for several months now. I have a super scheduler who responds and tries to work around my schedule. I have found this company to be well organized and VERY dependable. I can count on my paycheck like clockwork!

Penny

Penny
Go to Top of Page

DM Griffin
Valued Contributor

Hayward, CA
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2003 :  6:51:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for this company for several years now. I too have no problems with them. I get regular shops from them monthly. Their schdulers are easy to get in touch with, and they are very clear about their instructions for their shops. Their website is easy to navigate through. And, payment is always prompt. I highly recommend NSS.

Diane
Shopping the East Bay in Northern California
MSPA Gold Certification: crcaxm
Go to Top of Page

.StephanieA
Inactive

Redmond, WA
USA
1816 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2003 :  10:36:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have an email address for them? It is not on their new website that I can just hit a button to send them an email.

Thanks

Shopping WA especially, Redmond, Kirkland, Bellevue, Woodinville and from Tukwila to Lynnwood.
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

MaryLou
Inactive

East County / San Diego, CA
USA
915 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2003 :  11:04:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have no idea who schedules for WA, but call them at 1-800-800-2704 and ask for that scheduler or their e-mail.
Go to Top of Page

CarolynRosell
Star Contributor

Vineland, NJ
USA
1417 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2003 :  11:06:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi,
This info is under "contact" at the top of their 1st page.

Click here to find contact and other information for specific employees and departments at NSS.

| You are here... Home : Contact Us |

Phone Numbers and Emails:

General Inquiries (All Departments):
Toll Free...1.800.800.2704
Fax Line...1.916.577.1015
help@nssdata.com

I shop Vineland, Deptford, Mays Landing and Atlantic City, NJ
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

.StephanieA
Inactive

Redmond, WA
USA
1816 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2003 :  12:15:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks MaryLou, I will give them a call.

CarolynRosell, I tried that, when my pointer goes over that one part it goes blank so it is still under construction on my home page.

Shopping WA especially, Redmond, Kirkland, Bellevue, Woodinville and from Tukwila to Lynnwood.
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

SPearce
Trainee

Rocklin, CA
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2003 :  10:03:41 AM  Visit SPearce's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Stephanie,

My name is Steve Pearce and I am with National Shopping Service (NSS) in California. I wanted to address your issue of not being able to locate our email address on our updated website.

Carolyn was correct when she said that it could be found by clicking on “CONTACT” on the menu bar at the top of our home page. From the description you gave about it how it “goes blank” when you put your cursor over it, it sounds like there could be couple possible causes…

1. You are using an obscure or outdated browser. Most websites today are designed for use with Internet Explorer or Netscape version 5.0 or higher. If you are using either one of these browsers but an older version you should go to their respective websites and download the latest version, which is free.

2. It’s a memory issue. You should do a hard reboot (completely turn off your computer, then turn it on again). Before opening any other programs, open your browser and go to our website. If you are now able to see and click on the “CONTACT” button, you might want to consider upgrading the RAM in your computer.

Please contact me if you continue to have problems with our website or have any further needs or concerns.

Regards,

Steve Pearce
National Shopping Service
spearce@nationalshoppingservice.com
www.nationalshoppingservice.com
800-800-2704 ext. 204
Go to Top of Page

Barbara N.CA
Star Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
2397 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2003 :  12:57:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They were kind. I hurt my foot and could not finish some of my shops, even though NSS offered to give me an extension. They believed me, understood, and rescheduled the shops without penalizing me.

You can bet I'll pick up emergency shops for them -- w/o bonus -- if they are in my area.

Barbara
MSPA Gold Shopper since June, 2003.
MSPA 2005 "Go To" Shopper
Go to Top of Page

.Laura in Pa.
Inactive

Sunbury, PA
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2003 :  3:42:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi,
Guess I am the only one who thinks they pay rather low, and while their pay is regular,you are paid the month after you do the shop.

Laura in PA.
Go to Top of Page

Barbara N.CA
Star Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
2397 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2003 :  4:17:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Actually, no. I've done only one type of shop for them and the pay is on the low side. But, given the small amount of work involved, I'm ok w/ it. Also, I know they have at least one other type of shop that reimburses quite fairly. I just haven't done those yet.

They are not the fastest when it comes to payment. But then again, neither are they even close to the slowest.

Barbara
MSPA Gold Shopper since June, 2003.
MSPA 2005 "Go To" Shopper
Go to Top of Page

LisaFromJoisey
Contributor

Ocean Gate, NJ
USA
86 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  7:09:16 PM  Send LisaFromJoisey an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just did my first shop for NSS tonight.

I looked on their site to see what their pay schedule is like, but I couldn't find anything. Does anyone know when they pay? From what I've read in the posts so far here, it sounds like they pay by the end of the following month.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

JulieAnn
Trainee

Portland, OR
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  9:02:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Lisa - my understanding is that they mail a check on the last day of the month following the month shops are completed. I completed my first two shops for them around the middle of January, so I am still waiting for my first payment.
Go to Top of Page

.StephanieA
Inactive

Redmond, WA
USA
1816 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2004 :  11:20:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SPearce

1. You are using an obscure or outdated browser. Most websites today are designed for use with Internet Explorer or Netscape version 5.0 or higher. If you are using either one of these browsers but an older version you should go to their respective websites and download the latest version, which is free.

Just saw this reply, in answer to it I use ME edition of Microsoft and my son who works for MS checks my computer for me on a weekly basis. So I don't think I am using an outdated browser. But it is solved now so no worries. Thanks for the reply.

MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

LisaFromJoisey
Contributor

Ocean Gate, NJ
USA
86 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  9:00:18 PM  Send LisaFromJoisey an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just have to say, that while I have only completed one shop for NSS, and today just scheduled my second one, they have to be the most fun to shop for. I'm reading the instructions for the shop that I took today, and I'm cracking up.

...the paychecks get cut on the 15th of the month, and then sit around on someones desk until enough people call looking for their checks...

...don't even try calling up and asking if you can fax a shop to them until after they have their morning coffee...and remember, they're 3 hours behind us...

...do the shop on the wrong day and you will not get paid...and will be talked about...

This is comedy gold! It's refreshing to see a company that is serious about what they do, but aren't to uptight to joke around a little. Ok, well, a lot.

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping eastern NJ
Go to Top of Page

JenniferMartin
Contributor

San Antonio, TX
USA
99 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2004 :  11:15:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lisa, I agree about their sense of humor. I did one where the instructions stated something along the lines of:
You will need to pretend to be a normal customer (okay, yeah, that sounds weird).

Lol, I reread that several times just to be sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me!

~*~Shopping San Antonio everyday of the week & Pleasanton on the weekends~*~
MSSIC: jennifermartintx
Go to Top of Page

.KimSVision
Star Contributor

Orange County, CA
USA
1383 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2004 :  12:47:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been with NSS for many years, and was really sorry to see that my 2 favorite schedulers; Joanne and Jennifer have been laid off.
Joanne and Jennifer: If you went on to another company, please contact me.
I miss working for you! ~ Kim

Kim
Go to Top of Page

TrishInFL
Contributor

Lighthouse Point, FL
USA
88 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2004 :  1:04:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do one or two shops for them a month. I love the forms (too funny) and they pay on time. Great company to work with.

Trish -
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping Southeast Florida
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums