Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2009 :  11:56:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I spoke with one of the employees. I may be naive, but I do believe (and accept) their explanation. They said there has been fraudulent activity using their ma/account, so their bank had to stop payment on a batch of checks. I have an e-mailed letter from their bank discussing the issue. I was advised to resubmit the check (easier said than done since my bank doesn't return checks) and have the bank reverse the $10 bounced check fee. My bank agreed to send a photocopy of the check so I can resubmit it and they will cancel the charge.

A lot of work for $3.50 worth of ice cream! But hey, you can't say that MS hasn't added spice to my life---without it, I would never have experienced a bounced check! Just another adventure....

So I do think it's okay to continue with this company....

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50246 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2009 :  12:03:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ellinbeth

... I was advised to resubmit the check (easier said than done since my bank doesn't return checks) and have the bank reverse the $10 bounced check fee. My bank agreed to send a photocopy of the check so I can resubmit it and they will cancel the charge.......

All your bank has to do is resubmit the check for payment. I don't know how you plan on depositing a photocopy of a check. Maybe I misunderstood your post.
Go to Top of Page

Ellinbeth
Valued Contributor

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2009 :  12:07:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Nope, you didn't misunderstand, Quinn. The bank is sending a photocopy of the check in the mail---and then I have to bring it in in person to redeposit. I know, sounds strange to me, too---but if it works, I'm happy!

Ellinbeth
Go to Top of Page

Michellek39
Valued Contributor

Baltimore, MD
USA
101 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2009 :  12:09:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have had that happen before- the bank sent me a copy of the check and it was able to be redeposited.
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50246 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2009 :  1:22:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That is a new one on me. Still seems it would have been easier for the bank to just redeposit it. Thanks for the info. I just deposited my check today, I hope the problem is straightened out.
Go to Top of Page

ChristiRose
Contributor

Indiana
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2009 :  3:07:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I won't be shopping for this company again. I accepted a pizza shop that is reimbursement only and then discovered the reimbursement is not enough to cover the price of the required order. So I called NSS to ask if I could use a coupon and was told I could not and that they would not raise the reimbursement. So I asked right out, "So basically I just have to take a loss on this?" and they said yes. I could not believe it.

I wish they would have the courtesy to warn shoppers beforehand that the reimbursement will not entirely cover the purchase. That just seems very basic to me.

Christi
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

David Richard
Valued Contributor

Providence, Rhode Island
USA
207 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2009 :  7:52:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
All your bank has to do is resubmit the check for payment. I don't know how you plan on depositing a photocopy of a check. Maybe I misunderstood your post.
Apparently this is a new way of handling checks. My bank will allow me to scan and email a check for deposit. After it posts, they expect me to shred the check.

Oh, on second thought, that is not my bank, but the one I just shopped.

Happily shopping
Rhode Island and nearby Massachusetts.
Go to Top of Page

Karen S
Valued Contributor

NY
USA
123 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2009 :  7:59:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChristiRose

I won't be shopping for this company again. I accepted a pizza shop that is reimbursement only and then discovered the reimbursement is not enough to cover the price of the required order. So I called NSS to ask if I could use a coupon and was told I could not and that they would not raise the reimbursement. So I asked right out, "So basically I just have to take a loss on this?" and they said yes. I could not believe it.

I wish they would have the courtesy to warn shoppers beforehand that the reimbursement will not entirely cover the purchase. That just seems very basic to me.

Was this one of the competitor shops? I did all of the shops in my area and found one of the places to be really overpriced and the reimbursement was 5-6$ short. I'll never do that one again. I waited to see if they were bonused but none of the competitor shops ever are...

Karen
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2009 :  8:24:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Same here. The competition shops were $6 short and I will definitely not sign up for that one.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

ChristiRose
Contributor

Indiana
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2009 :  10:39:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, it was a competitor shop. It's too bad because I like the competitor better than the client! :)

Christi
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

.Matt Wozniak
Inactive

Rocklin, CA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2009 :  10:50:24 AM  Visit .Matt Wozniak's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wanted to make a brief statement regarding the recent counterfeiting scam affecting you and National Shopping Service.

We continue to be a victim of the “Canadian wire-scam” fraud. For several years the scammers have been sending out checks and letters on our counterfeited check stock and letterhead.

Up until a few weeks ago, the counterfeit NSS checks they were sending out did not display a valid routing and bank account number. That changed. At the end of May our accounts started to be hit daily with counterfeit checks – each in the amount of approximately $2,900.00.

Our bank “freaked out” as the tens of thousands of dollars of counterfeit checks were pouring into our account each day from around the US. They were unable (unwilling to accept the financial responsibility) to promptly determine which checks were valid and which were counterfeit – they forced us to close the account.

A new account was simultaneously opened and we were assured that the thousands of legitimate checks written and not yet cashed on the now closed account would be honored “with no problem…”

To our chagrin, the process has not gone as smoothly as promised. For this I offer my sincere apology.

We have added additional bank security measures on our new account that will hopefully prevent further attacks of this type.

Again, please accept my personal apology for this mess. Please be assured my staff and I are working hard to get this unfortunate, frustrating situation resolved as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your continued support of our 37 year-old global company. We couldn’t do it without you!

Matt Wozniak
President and CEO
National Shopping Service

ADMIN NOTE: For info on the scam, see
Mystery Shopping scam: cashing phony cashier's checks and sending money orders
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2009 :  05:31:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There are now a lot of mutilated pizza shops that used to be handled by another MSC company. All in my area are being offered for reimbursement only. Very few seem to have been filled. Has anyone actually done one of these? It would be good to know if they cover full reimbursement (some earlier posts mentioned pizza shops which did not fully reimburse), in case these ever end up being bonused.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

KristinG
Apprentice

Danville, VA
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2009 :  07:58:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Harvey, I did a shop earlier this month. The reimbursement was up to $20 and the bonus was $15. This was my first mutilated pizza shop. I found their training more helpful and easier to comprehend than with the other company.

Kristin
Go to Top of Page

Harvey S.
Star Contributor

Glen Mills, PA
USA
439 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2009 :  4:33:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kristin - Thanks for the information. Still no bonus offered for ones they consider near me (interesting definition since no pizza place would even deliver from the closest one). It will be interesting to see how this develops.

Harvey
Southeastern Pennsylvania Northern Delaware,"South" Jersey
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2009 :  7:41:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a mutilated pizza last night. The price of pizza with delivery went down and I was under reimbursement by $5-ish. No fee or bonus, but we had severe t-storms and I had dinner delivered. Life is is good!

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Rita Collins
Star Contributor

Michiana, MI
USA
518 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2009 :  10:20:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have been doing the mutilated pizza shops for at least 3-4 years. They are not new to this company.

Rita Collins
Shopping Michiana
Go to Top of Page

Madge Shawver
Star Contributor

PA
USA
299 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2009 :  07:44:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They only do the pizza shops in "select" areas. They never have any in my area but the other shopping site does all the time. I won't do them.

Madge
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2009 :  8:54:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Harvey S.

There are now a lot of mutilated pizza shops that used to be handled by another MSC company. All in my area are being offered for reimbursement only. Very few seem to have been filled. Has anyone actually done one of these? It would be good to know if they cover full reimbursement (some earlier posts mentioned pizza shops which did not fully reimburse), in case these ever end up being bonused.

In my area, the mutilated pizza shops are fully covered (except I tip more than the $1 they pay) but the competitor shops are not. I emailed them at the beginning of the month that I would do the competitor if they increased the reimbursement, but I got zilch in reply. The shop is still open...

Although I'd prefer to be paid for the shops, I'm currently unemployed from a "real job", and as a single mom of a very hungry teen, I'll still do either of them if they are fully covered. The shops aren't that hard, and it saves me groceries. I will NOT do them when it doesn't cover the cost, I don't care how easy the report might be.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

Lisa97

St. Louis, MO
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2009 :  5:23:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got an email asking if I would be interested in doing a shop at the circus. You get two tickets and have to shop 12 kiosks buying something at each. You get reimbursed $100 for these purchases. Has anyone done a shop like this for this company? Do you know what the report is like? Is the reimbursement enough for the purchases. Also what kind of tickets do you get or in other words would I be able to afford a ticket for kid number two?

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

LizKa

Manhattan, KS
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2009 :  7:39:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just did my first pizza shop for them tonight and I will be reimbursed up to $20 and I only spent around $11. I did pick it up though, it wasn't delivery, just because I'm out of the delivery area. I thought the instructions were actually easier than I thought they would be. I think I did well, but we'll see! I was lucky, this was bonused to $30!

Liza
Shopping North Eastern Kansas!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums