Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

LizKa

Manhattan, KS
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2009 :  11:37:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hmph, well I think this company is the first company I've run across that is hard to please and difficult. They didn't accept my job after doing it over and over, the second one because apparently the picture wasn't taken at the right angle, though I took it with the exact same direction they showed in the instructions. The first time they denied it was my fault and I understood, but now it just seems like they find something wrong every time I try to re-do it and I've wasted tons of money trying to fix it. I've done many photograph shops before, though not for this company and they've all gone smoothly and I've never had a complaint or a re-do... Definitely not working for this company again.

Liza
Shopping North Eastern Kansas!
Go to Top of Page

LRoberts
Valued Contributor

Lakewood, CA
USA
100 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2009 :  2:26:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think it's the client that is so picky. I've had the same problem with this client when I was performing the shop for the a different shopping company. It took me 3 times to get it the way they wanted it. They are such a big client, that it makes it bad for shoppers.

Lauren
Go to Top of Page

LisaSTL
Star Contributor

St. Louis, MO
USA
733 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2009 :  6:11:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done these for the other company and the photos really aren't all that difficult. For the shots from above I just place it on the floor and have the camera directly above. Easy peasy. I had no intention of doing one for this company because they take so long to pay and reimburse. I'm not going to wait a month for the reimbursement when I can get it within 2 weeks, plus I would have to pay the tip out of my own pocket because it's too embarrassing to tip $1. After hearing they offer bonusses and then find ways to keep from paying I know my decision was sound.

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50245 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2009 :  06:18:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done many shops for this company and have never had a prob with the pictures being accepted.
Go to Top of Page

JenniferE
Contributor

Texas
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2009 :  08:48:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My pictures have always been accepted and my bonuses have always been paid.
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2009 :  6:06:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I like this msc. No problem with my pizza pictures.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Beth Ellen

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2009 :  6:30:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked with them off and on for many years. I have never had issues with my pictures and they always pay what they say. I wish I could use coupons though.

Beth Ellen
Go to Top of Page

AndreaGayle
Star Contributor

MD
USA
350 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2009 :  6:52:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I like this MSC too and have never had any trouble with payment. I have only done one with pics for them but it was fine, no problems. Just picked up some great bonused shops. Bonuses always come fine for me too.

Andrea Gayle
Go to Top of Page

DebMI
Valued Contributor

Michigan
USA
151 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2010 :  2:54:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Enough of this Company. I did a pizza photo shop a month ago. NOW they contact me and tell me one of my photos wasnt accepted so I wont be paid. They refused to review it as it matched exactly their instructions and taken at the same angle as other shops where it was accepted. They were also very rude when I called. Not only am I out the $$$ I had to pay 2x what I normally would for a pizza you could not get at the special price!
I will NEVER shop for them again. Shoppers beware!
Go to Top of Page

CindyLou Shops the South
Contributor

South Carolina
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2010 :  07:45:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I like this company, wish they had more in my area. The first shop I did for them several years ago was a rush job about 40 miles from my home. They paid a nice bonus and they offered a bonus for referring someone else in that area to do the shop a second time the next week. It went as described and I have always been paid on time.

CindyLou
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2010 :  12:59:25 PM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
So basically we pay double for a pizza since we can not get the special, normally no pay for the pizza, just get our money back, and then sometimes get a $5 bonus? Think I will go on a pizza diet.

Cary
Mystery shopping and Merchandising in Ohio, KY, IN, WV, and More....
Video Certified with Own Camera
Go to Top of Page

DebMI
Valued Contributor

Michigan
USA
151 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2010 :  4:16:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You have to buy the pizza at full price which is twice what you can get if for on special. Refusing to buy it on special should be a tip off right there to the company shopped. They only reimburse you for the pizza and $1 for the tip. I always tip more than that. So when they dont accept your pics ( yeah right) you are out....... I have been doing this same shop for years and never had a problem with the pics for another company who shops this same place. Or with the pics i sent in months before to NSS that were the same angle. No wonder they cant get anyone to take the shop. The rude way they handled it was more than enough for me to run to cancel them! Being out pay is one thing but when I have to PAY to do their shop and get nothing
Go to Top of Page

JeffInIL
Star Contributor

IL
USA
310 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2010 :  6:36:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done more mutilated pizza shops than I care to admit. (Any money made on them tends to go toward buying larger clothes.) I've never had any report rejected. That said...

1) I prefer CoRI retain this client because they at least pay a fee, and many times a nice bonus as well. They also convert them to pick-up instead of delivery when the deadlines approach. I do enjoy creating a route of these, which can be highly profitable.

2) I told myself that I would refuse to take this shop from any company except CoRI because I didn't want these shops moving. However, when NSS threw in $10 for the location that I can have delivered, I caved and decided to do it. It all went without a hitch, and I was paid as agreed. I have not taken one from them since.

Now Deb, I'll tell you straight out what I would do if I had a reimbursement only mutilated pizza shop rejected (though honestly, I would never take this shop without a fee). Assuming my pictures were perfect as required, which I always ensure they are, I would not hesitate for even a split second before contacting the client. I would provide them with copies of the pictures and a printout of the report and ask them to explain why the pictures did not meet their expectations. I also find it hilarious that the sample pictures NSS provides in their shop instructions have so many glaring errors, CoRI would reject the NSS sample photos in a heartbeat!

I'm not saying you should do that necessarily, just that I would if faced with that scenario. In my opinion, if an MSC tries to screw me over like that, they don't deserve my honoring an ICA they chose to violate. ICAs are two way agreements, and not the 'sign your soul over' thing some people think.

Further, as many have pointed out, this particular pizza is way overpriced and only marginal taste-wise (though I am a sucker for the garlic butter). It's not even in my top ten, and I think I only have menus for nine.

I'd like to know, who orders this pizza and pays that price willingly? Wait, I know. Probably the same morons that suck up the $3 gas shops around here.

Good luck Deb, and I completely agree with your decision to never shop for this company because of what they did to you.

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

PatCNJ

NJ
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  6:50:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi, Just started shopping for this company in March. Have done a lot of shops with generous bonus added. Only problem is I have not got paid anything yet. How long do they usually take to pay you? Also has anyone received feedback on reports?

Thanks (newbie in Jersey)

Pat
Go to Top of Page

Meli
Valued Contributor

Houston, Texas
USA
129 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2010 :  11:10:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Pat, they pay via check around approximately 30 days or so after the end of the month in which the shop was completed. If you completed the shop in March you should expect a check to be mailed to you the first week of May.

Meli
Go to Top of Page

LisaSTL
Star Contributor

St. Louis, MO
USA
733 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2010 :  07:19:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm finding it interesting this company doesn't allow you to accept a special deal when offered. That's one of things CoRI is stressing right now. How obvious is it if you're telling them you want to pay full price and how much sense does it make anyway if the company really is providing full reimbursement I never did shop for this company anyway since I could make more and receive my reimbursement faster from CoRI. I finally just asked to be removed after receiving way too many automated calls about "bonussed shops in my area" with no other information provided. I'm not a fan of automated calls and felt they were just burning my cell phone minutes for nothing.

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

Rene-R
Valued Contributor

Phoenix, AZ
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  1:24:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done my last pizza shop for NSS.

I did a competitor shop (which I was happy about, bc I am sick of the main client's pies) but I found out their reimbursement was more than $5 short of the cost of the pizza! Of course I assumed when I took the assignment that the reimbursement amnt was going to be adequate for that competitor (how could I know, I don't usually shop there). All they said when I complained was that the reimbursement amnt was clearly stated before I accepted the shop. Whatever!

They call me all the time and ask me to take shops that are hard to fill but I can do near my office. Next time they call, I will tell them where they can stick their mutilated pizzas!

Gold shopping metro Phoenix & airports everywhere, since 2005. ~ Have Video equipment, will travel!
Go to Top of Page

Rene-R
Valued Contributor

Phoenix, AZ
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  1:30:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChristiRose

I won't be shopping for this company again. I accepted a pizza shop that is reimbursement only and then discovered the reimbursement is not enough to cover the price of the required order. So I called NSS to ask if I could use a coupon and was told I could not and that they would not raise the reimbursement. So I asked right out, "So basically I just have to take a loss on this?" and they said yes. I could not believe it.

I wish they would have the courtesy to warn shoppers beforehand that the reimbursement will not entirely cover the purchase. That just seems very basic to me.

So wish I had seen your post before I fell into the same trap!

Gold shopping metro Phoenix & airports everywhere, since 2005. ~ Have Video equipment, will travel!
Go to Top of Page

Joyce in Maine
Valued Contributor

Maine
USA
123 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2010 :  6:31:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
With the pizza shops do you need to submit an invoice? I included the copy of the receipt with the optional picture but I am not sure if I also need to submit an invoice?

Thanks,

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2010 :  7:31:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you submitted the receipt with the photos, you should be fine. I've never added any invoice on top.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums