Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

Terren
Valued Contributor

Brandon, FL
USA
120 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2010 :  08:09:00 AM  Send Terren an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love working for NSS, I have done many high end shops for them and have always gotten a positive experience when calling in with any questions or having to reschedule. ( My son was burned over the weekend and I called my scheduler from the hospital and they pushed my date back for me) And I was given a shop with out notice, after I had done shops in the area. That is my only negative, but I made a trip out of it and still made my money for the day. They are highly recommended by me and pay is always on time.

GOLD *x1z1xl*
Go to Top of Page

PatCNJ

NJ
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2010 :  6:16:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have now been working for them for a few months and they are by far my favorite company. The schedulers are great, always available to answer questions or change dates. Pay a little slow but as long as it comes it's fine with me.

Pat
Go to Top of Page

Vincent442
Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
51 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2010 :  10:06:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Great company to work for.Stellar phone support. ALWAYS courteous. In regards to the "difficult" photo shop-It's the client as I've done eh same basic shop for 4 different companies and encountered the same issue. Always take multiple backup photos with good lighting!

Vincent
MSPA Gold
Shopping since 2001
Shopping from Kern County to the Mexican border."from the desert to the sea and all of Southern California".
Go to Top of Page

JeffInIL
Star Contributor

IL
USA
310 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2010 :  01:27:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DebMI

You have to buy the pizza at full price which is twice what you can get if for on special. Refusing to buy it on special should be a tip off right there to the company shopped. They only reimburse you for the pizza and $1 for the tip. I always tip more than that. So when they dont accept your pics ( yeah right) you are out....... I have been doing this same shop for years and never had a problem with the pics for another company who shops this same place. Or with the pics i sent in months before to NSS that were the same angle. No wonder they cant get anyone to take the shop. The rude way they handled it was more than enough for me to run to cancel them! Being out pay is one thing but when I have to PAY to do their shop and get nothing

With this client having moved from CoRI, I haven't done one in a few months now. Without a large fee attached, I don't know why anyone would take this shop. I laugh when I see these posted as reimbursement only shops, and laugh harder when people take them just for the free mediocre pizza.

So for those of you out there that take these shops without demanding a fee, consider this...

Let's say you had a regular job and your boss came to you one day and said, "You will no longer be paid for your time and expertise. You will now provide your services free of charge to my company. But I tell you what, I'll give you some pizza to eat while you work. It's not great pizza, but that's all you're getting... Oh yeah, and by the way, you'll need to actually pay for that pizza. But don't worry, I'll give you your money back for that next month. However, if in the course of working for me for free, should you make any mistake - if you're not perfect - then you'll not only work for free, but I won't give you your pizza money back next month either. Now get to work!"

As crazy as that sounds, some of you line up in front of that "boss", waving your arms around, wanting to work for him? Some people make absolutely no sense to me. It's time to stop helping these companies profit from our expertise. DEMAND A FEE!

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Deep South Tom
Valued Contributor

Jackson, MS
USA
134 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2010 :  5:32:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This was a decent shop when bonused at $20+ and reimbursement. I did quite a few, whether I ate the pizza or not. It is sad to see NSS and many other MSC's groveling to get this account....

Tom
MSPA Silver
Go to Top of Page

Mike Krieger
Star Contributor

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2010 :  06:22:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree, I would actually even hold out for $30 for the mutilated pizza shops. The pizza shop was in my area for a short time, but was unsuccessful and ended up going out of business since there is so much independent pizza parlor competition here in MA. When you see their national competitor offering specials for $6 for a large pizza, you know its competitive.
Go to Top of Page

Vincent442
Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
51 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  11:53:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Again to reiterate a great company to work for.
Of the 60-70 companies i work for definitely in my top 3 with particularly great phone support. Great jobs with good compensation all around-just avoid the pizza shops as that seems to be a CLIENT problem not the MSC.(Check other MSC sites-you'll see the same pizza shop over and over again with all the same problems and ridiculously picky photo standards.)
Please if anyone out there has issues with the pizza shops--don't blame the MSC rather take ANY OTHER shop from this company except the pizza shop;this way it encourages the MSC to drop the shop as an unprofitable client and more importantly sends the client a message that shoppers have wised up to their using both the MSC's and shoppers to get 'free data'

Vincent
MSPA Gold
Shopping since 2001
Shopping from Kern County to the Mexican border."from the desert to the sea and all of Southern California".
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  12:39:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sorry, Vincent, but this is one of the only MSC that will bonus those pizza shops in my area. I don't take them at the zero fee, but I have no problem doing them when they bump them up to $15. Whoever my fellow shoppers are, they take these shops with the other MSC at the $0-$5 rate, so I am happy to do the pizza shops for NSS.

They also do a Italian ice store that pays nothing at all. I rarely do that one because of the pay, but someone else does it every month.

Those are unfortunately the only clients NSS has in my area. Too bad, as they have been great to work with when I get the chance.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

Vincent442
Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
51 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2010 :  9:57:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That's understandable Sandi. You have made a good 'strategic exception' and you are clearly making lemonade out of lemons. Hope other MSC start shopping your area more . It s good that you have held out for the bonus and the fact that NSS is one of the best MSC out there makes this a reasonable proposition. My only remaining suggestion is to take 3 times as many pictures as required with slight variations in lighting thus avoiding the dreaded rejection--worked for me the couple of times I did these shops.
Other than this kind of exceptional situation though it's still a 10 foot pole shop.

Vincent
MSPA Gold
Shopping since 2001
Go to Top of Page

Jeana
Valued Contributor

USA
142 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2010 :  3:39:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got a call to my home phone from 916-577-1010. A recording identified the call as being from National Shopping Service. While I was listening to the recording, my cell phone rang. It was the same number. I have signed up for this company but haven't worked for them in a long time. Is this something new? To get two calls within seconds from them? Also, is this the same company?

Jeana,
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Bob Engleman
Star Contributor

Dayton, OH
USA
357 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2010 :  8:41:19 PM  Visit Bob Engleman's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote

Let's say you had a regular job and your boss came to you one day and said, "You will no longer be paid for your time and expertise. You will now provide your services free of charge to my company. But I tell you what, I'll give you some pizza to eat while you work. It's not great pizza, but that's all you're getting... Oh yeah, and by the way, you'll need to actually pay for that pizza. But don't worry, I'll give you your money back for that next month. However, if in the course of working for me for free, should you make any mistake - if you're not perfect - then you'll not only work for free, but I won't give you your pizza money back next month either. Now get to work!"

Jeff,

Your analogy rings true to form and brought several chuckles, especially "Now get to work." My last mutilated pizza shop paid a fee of $25, but they then lowered the cash to $15, which removed me from the picture.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2010 :  5:17:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeana

I just got a call to my home phone from 916-577-1010. A recording identified the call as being from National Shopping Service. While I was listening to the recording, my cell phone rang. It was the same number. I have signed up for this company but haven't worked for them in a long time. Is this something new? To get two calls within seconds from them? Also, is this the same company?

It sounds to me as if they have a shop in your area that they need to fill. It is not unusual for companies to try both of the phone numbers that you provided on your profile within minutes, before they move on to the next shopper down their list.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

TerryR

Port Arthur, TX
USA
24 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2010 :  11:54:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
While NSS IS a good reliable company to work for, they DON'T have very high commissions for most of their shops.I have done a few pizza delivery shops for them and all I get is a free pizza for it, no shop fee at all.I also do the pizza shops for 2 other companies and BOTH of them pay a shopper fee in addition to the free pizza.And they DO only pay once a month which is bothersome if you have done several shops requiring a sizable purchase (such as a 13-20$ pizza)But they are honest, reliable and pay you on time and without fail.
Go to Top of Page

MelanieNJ
Star Contributor

NJ
USA
267 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2010 :  11:56:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any insight on WHEN they issue their checks? My December "paycheck" has been showing for about a week but I'm not sure when/if it was mailed. Not that they're late, but it's a big amount for me and I'm just curious. :)
Go to Top of Page

Willaustin
Trainee

Houston, TX
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2011 :  01:27:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
One of their schedulers added me to a pizza location just 1 week after doing a previous shop. He gave me a good bonus, but next thing I know I got an email saying that the client figured out I was the shopper. Oh well the pizza was making me flabby anyway.
Go to Top of Page

ShopperDee
Star Contributor

USA
416 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  01:12:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sandi G

They also do a Italian ice store that pays nothing at all. I rarely do that one because of the pay, but someone else does it every month.

I did the Italian ice shop once. Wow. $5 reimbursement and no payment. DD enjoyed it, but never again for me!

On another note, it's best not to refer to the pizza as being FREE. It's far from free. You spend quite a while earning your "free" mutilated pizza.

Dee
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

JenniferE
Contributor

Texas
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  07:31:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I feel like I stand alone here, but I love the pizza shops. NSS has the location that delivers to my home, and I do it fairly frequently. I have also done take-outs from other area locations.

My son has autism and pizza is his favorite food. He eats pizza about 3-4 times a week (he has about 10 meals he will eat, and pizza is the healthiest of them...). I am buying truckloads of pizza anyway, so I don't mind getting one for free (despite the photos, etc.).

I usually wait for a bonus, but if they call and catch me in the right mood I will do one for reimbursement only.

Personally, if I never eat another piece of pizza in my life I'll be happy, but these shops feed my kid and cost me nothing but about 10 minutes of time, so I am happy to do them.
Go to Top of Page

Sandie_CA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  09:05:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can anyone give feedback on this company's other shops? We don't have any of their pizza stores locally. They do have some retail shops available near me but they look like they might be a lot of work for the money offered.

Sandie * MSPA Gold
I have video equipment and love route shopping.
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  6:21:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sandie_CA

Can anyone give feedback on this company's other shops? We don't have any of their pizza stores locally. They do have some retail shops available near me but they look like they might be a lot of work for the money offered.

Are you referring to the high end retail shops in the mall?

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Sandie_CA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  7:00:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes. Have you done them?

Sandie * MSPA Gold
I have video equipment and love route shopping.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums