Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

BrenLee1
Trainee

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  9:00:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did 2 cosmetic counters for them in a high end retail store. It was pretty fun. I got to leave with some great samples. You do have to prepare yourself so you don't give yourself away when they quote prices though.
Go to Top of Page

Sandie_CA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  6:47:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
lol! You think the dropping jaw might tip them off?

Sandie * MSPA Gold
I have video equipment and love route shopping.
Go to Top of Page

Jahn Z
Contributor

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2011 :  02:41:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am reading mixed reviews here. I have some bad feelings about them if they are scamming us on Pizza assignments.

I got a call first time ever (I had never done any before) from them to do Pizza assignment with $13 bonus added plus reimbursement. I never do assignments without pay. I took it for the coming weekend and he gave me the "delivery" assignment for the weekend. I found out that the location did not do delivery so I called Mark right away and he said he would change it to "carry out" I did not check the assignment until later in the weekend and saw that the assignment was still a "delievery" and I could not get in touch with them due to weekend. Nevertheless, I went ahead and completed the assignment.

I emailed them and also called later in the week so they could assign the right form. A receptionist looked at my picture and said they were very good, and so was told by Mark; however, they told me that I filled the wrong form. To make it short over a week after, Mark finally said he would accept it and would be ok. Days later, I am getting email that it was rejected due to the wring form. Fast forward... Mark apologized and said it was his fault he assigned the wrong form and that he would gve me another job with extra bonus added to make up for it. And the make up was just the reimbursement added to the new shop and even then the shop was not available.

Reading comments here, I now have bad feelings because they will keep doing it for the Pizza shops. However, I like to hear about other high end assignments if they are worth doing.

Jahn
Go to Top of Page

Rita Collins
Star Contributor

Michiana, MI
USA
518 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2011 :  09:47:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The exact same thing happened to me with a different scheduler. I was told that if I did not re-enter the shop I would not get paid for it or receive the bonus. I think they get so happy when anyone takes the job, they forget to change it from delivery to carry-out. I did get paid and got an additional bonus added on.

quote:
Originally posted by Jahn Z

I am reading mixed reviews here. I have some bad feelings about them if they are scamming us on Pizza assignments.

I got a call first time ever (I had never done any before) from them to do Pizza assignment with $13 bonus added plus reimbursement. I never do assignments without pay. I took it for the coming weekend and he gave me the "delivery" assignment for the weekend. I found out that the location did not do delivery so I called Mark right away and he said he would change it to "carry out" I did not check the assignment until later in the weekend and saw that the assignment was still a "delievery" and I could not get in touch with them due to weekend. Nevertheless, I went ahead and completed the assignment.

I emailed them and also called later in the week so they could assign the right form. A receptionist looked at my picture and said they were very good, and so was told by Mark; however, they told me that I filled the wrong form. To make it short over a week after, Mark finally said he would accept it and would be ok. Days later, I am getting email that it was rejected due to the wring form. Fast forward... Mark apologized and said it was his fault he assigned the wrong form and that he would gve me another job with extra bonus added to make up for it. And the make up was just the reimbursement added to the new shop and even then the shop was not available.

Reading comments here, I now have bad feelings because they will keep doing it for the Pizza shops. However, I like to hear about other high end assignments if they are worth doing.

Rita Collins
Shopping Michiana
Go to Top of Page

Jahn Z
Contributor

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2011 :  01:03:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was told they could not change the form once submitted. I think what they might be doing is to take advatnage of shoppers. They are submitting the reports to their clients to get full reimbursement but not paying to us. In areas where they have fewer shoppers available, they are keeping them happy with payment; and thus, good reviews from some of you. What I am saying is they might be cutting corners to cash on bigger profit margins. Is that a fair assessment?

Jahn
Go to Top of Page

Kathy C.
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2011 :  5:04:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a different issue. I agree that the schedulers are great to work for. My problem is their reporting software. You cannot save as you go and the report times out after one hour. Result: data lost forever. I was in the process of reporting the high end cosmetic assignment and was booted off. I called the scheduler and he said that this was a problem. He suggested that I continually highlight & cut and paste to word so that I can re-submit as a new report if my work is lost. Why should I have to do any of these? Time is money. Any suggestions other than typing like the wind? Thanks all.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2011 :  10:09:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kathy,
Try leaving an important data point out, like the date or amount spent, etc, and submit every once in a while incomplete. The system should bloop it back to you, restarting the timer.
Go to Top of Page

Kathy C.
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2011 :  6:15:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Dar!

I will try this and I think that your method can be extended to other companies that use unusual software. This will be particularly helpful as we upload receipts while trying to beat the clock. Good call. Will let you know how it goes.
Go to Top of Page

Rene-R
Valued Contributor

Phoenix, AZ
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2011 :  8:58:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dar-L

Kathy,
Try leaving an important data point out, like the date or amount spent, etc, and submit every once in a while incomplete. The system should bloop it back to you, restarting the timer.

That's what I do.

It's annoying that you can't 'save' the report though, bc I often will start the report on my smartphone, then later want to finish it on my computer (just because I type faster on the computer). But I have to start the whole report over if I switch devices. Grrrr....

Gold shopping metro Phoenix & airports everywhere, since 2005. ~ Have Video equipment, will travel!
Go to Top of Page

Kathy C.
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2011 :  10:07:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Okay. So I used Dar's trick and it worked well as far as the report was concerned. At the end of the report came the upload and that was not successful even though it looked good on my end. Have to call tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

MatthewinDE
Valued Contributor

Wilmington, DE
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2012 :  1:49:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have just been treated as unprofessionally as I have ever been by any mystery shopping company in the 9+ years that I have been shopping.

I completed one of NSS's pizza shops on 5/21. Supposedly one of the pictures was not good enough and the report was deleted. I received an email informing me of this on 5/22. I sent two other pictures and was told that the report was fine and would be accepted. Between emailing the pictures and calling in I received a "hold" email. I called in to confirm that the pictures were received and was told everything was ok. I have not heard anything else about the shop since, until 20 minutes ago.

I received another "deleted" email. I called in and spoke to Ryan (who I also spoke to on 5/22 and who received the pictures and told me that everything was all set). He said that he no longer works on the team and transferred me to Francis. I explained the situation and was told by Francis that I had to speak to Ryan and was transferred back. Ryan told me that he had to transfer me back to Francis and hung up on me. (It was quite obvious that it was not an accidental hang up.)

I called back immediately and spoke to one of the other employees who Ryan had told that he did not want to speak to me any more because she refused to transfer me to Ryan. I mean absolutely refused. I asked for him by name and she said, "Is this about "Pizza Place" shop that was on hold?" I said yes and she said that she would transfer me to Francis. I said that I needed to speak to Ryan and she said that I could only speak to Francis or Crystal. I again asked for Ryan (after all he is the one that informed me the shop was ok) and was again flatly refused. She offered Francis or Crystal again. I told her that Francis would not help me (he'd already transferred me back to Ryan). I spoke to Crystal and she had me send the pictures again. Now I'm supposed to wait a couple of hours to see if Crystal gets my pictures and accepts my shops. She is supposed to call me back when she receives them.

Matthew
Shopping in DE
Go to Top of Page

MatthewinDE
Valued Contributor

Wilmington, DE
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  11:08:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Now Crystal is dodging my calls and will not talk to me. I called yesterday and was told that she had the pictures and would call me when she had looked at them (have not heard from her). I just called today and she is "not at her desk." Guess I'm going to have to write off NSS and not shop for them any longer!

Matthew
Shopping in DE
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
288 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  12:58:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I only shop for them on rare occasion. most of their shops are FREE food and they don't pay. I won't touch those pizza shops for less than $14 PAY minimum. If i want free food, i can go to Costco and sample everything and NOT write a report (plus take pictures). I'm not that desperate. How this company manages to find such desperate people is beyond me. ALL of their shops should PAY!!!

Micah
Go to Top of Page

JuanitaJ
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  05:27:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
After reading these comments I am glad I have turned down every shop ever offered to me by this company.

Juanita
MSPA Gold Certified
Happily shopping the Houston, TX area.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  05:46:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I used to do the ice cream audits for them before the client went under. I was always treated fairly, paid promptly, and fairly compensated for rush jobs. I will admit there were times when scheduling had problems, but all were remedied efficiently with just a phone call.
Maybe the company has changed recently....No jobs in my area in a while.
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2012 :  7:57:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MicahPage

If i want free food, i can go to Costco and sample everything and NOT write a report (plus take pictures).

Micah--If you shop for the right company, you can get paid to eat those samples, too! The report is a piece of cake!

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2012 :  8:38:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
SandiA. Me, too. I love those Costco demo shops. I wonder why they don't have them for Sam's Club.

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

SandiA
Star Contributor

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2012 :  7:58:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They're probably done by some MSC. Sam's uses a different demo company. I've shopped other demo companies in grocery stores, too. I hate having to take the photos, though! Difficult to be inconspicuous.

SandiA
Celebrating 14 Years in the Biz!
MSPA Gold Certified since 2003
Go to Top of Page

Heather C.
Valued Contributor

Montreal
Canada
196 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2012 :  8:40:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been working for NSS for several years and the only jobs I've done so far have been Chinese restaurants that are reimbursement only. I don't mind doing them because I love Chinese food and the reports are short and simple. NSS has always paid me on time too.

Heather
Go to Top of Page

Nicole in NC

Raleigh, NC
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2012 :  08:03:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to pipe up to say that I do pizza shops for NSS on a regular basis, but only for a bonus. The reports are 1-page, pretty simple, and I've never had a photo rejected. To me, it isn't all that complicated, and all the schedulers and people I've talked to at the company have treated me kindly and fairly. I'm usually pretty happy to take their calls.

(I just don't do shops for free food anymore, unless it's something I'm really craving. My time is worth more than that since I'm preggo and chasing a toddler! )

I miss the frozen treat and other shops that used to be in my area..
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums