Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

MatthewinDE
Valued Contributor

Wilmington, DE
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2012 :  2:39:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wanted to take a minute and update my situation (see above). Crystal did end up responding to my email telling me that my shop would not be accepted. Consequently, I told them to deactivate me.

I received a call from Aaron today wanting more information on why my account had been deactivated and if it had been my choice. After talking to him for 15 minutes, he apologized for the way I was treated, told me that he could be my sole contact for any issues and also got approval to reimburse me for the pizza that I purchased (I'm not getting the bonus that I had been offered, but I hadn't expected to receive anything so I'm cool with receiving the reimbursement).

Based on the conversation, I am willing to give NSS another chance, but will not be speaking with Ryan or Crystal going forward.

Matthew
Shopping in DE
Go to Top of Page

Rita Collins
Star Contributor

Michiana, MI
USA
518 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2012 :  7:18:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MatthewinAZ

I wanted to take a minute and update my situation (see above). Crystal did end up responding to my email telling me that my shop would not be accepted. Consequently, I told them to deactivate me.

I received a call from Aaron today wanting more information on why my account had been deactivated and if it had been my choice. After talking to him for 15 minutes, he apologized for the way I was treated, told me that he could be my sole contact for any issues and also got approval to reimburse me for the pizza that I purchased (I'm not getting the bonus that I had been offered, but I hadn't expected to receive anything so I'm cool with receiving the reimbursement).

Based on the conversation, I am willing to give NSS another chance, but will not be speaking with Ryan or Crystal going forward.

A similar thing happened to me. I did not realize I was not getting paid for a shop until I did not get paid for it. They claimed they sent an email (they did not). I had tons of pictures and the shop had a bonus. I did not threaten to deactivate or deactivate, but should have. I always do my job and follow up when appropriate. I have just not selected any of their shops and will not, until I can get a bonus for what they owe me and pain and suffering! (For those that want to say that is not possible, trust me - it can be done. I have done it with other companies before.)

Rita Collins
Shopping Michiana
Go to Top of Page

NicLinBlue

BC
Canada
33 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2012 :  12:36:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't done any shops for NSS in some time now. I used to do the CN IMAX theatre shops and I really enjoyed doing them. I never had any problems with schedulers or getting paid. This beautiful IMAX huge screen theatre closed down and I lost the shops. I haven't wanted to pick up any of the pizza shops or any of the other food shops and now after reading all your posts, I definitely won't be. I don't need any unnecessary hassles.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

John MrBeth
Valued Contributor

Mount Laurel, NJ
USA
184 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2012 :  12:10:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just signed up for NSS....looks like it might be a mistake!
I logged in and could not find the shop fees. So, I emailed them.
The response was.... "The payment details are listed in the shop specific instructions under each account." Which makes no sense to me.

Guess its good to be careful given all the negative postings here. I doubt that I will do any shops for them.

John
Southern NJ
Professional Couple
Both Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

KristaG

Ankeny, IA
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2012 :  9:07:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have never had any problems with this company, and I have done MANY, MANY pizza shops for them. They've always paid in full and on time, and the schedulers I've worked with have all been great (I feel like I'm on a first name basis with many of them, considering how often they call me to see if I can do the pizza shops). I have noticed that they don't always list the shop pay on the website; I haven't figured out if it's because they are only offering reimbursement for some of the shops or if the pay just isn't showing up. Either way, though, I have had a lot of success with this company and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to other shoppers.
Go to Top of Page

Les1989

Northern CA & NV, CA
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2012 :  7:58:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done many shops for them in different areas and never had an issue getting paid. Different schedulers call me regularly each month and have always been very easy to work with and quick to respond to any questions or requests I had. Some reports I've done have had minor variations to them outside of guidelines for reasons outside my control and all reports have been accepted. I love doing their jobs. The guidelines can seem a little detailed at first, but once you get the hang of these jobs they are pretty easy. They are a nice, regular job to add to the schedule and get your grocery shopping done at the same time.

MSPA Gold
MSPA & IMSC Video Certified
Nevada Registered
Go to Top of Page

Rene-R
Valued Contributor

Phoenix, AZ
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2013 :  5:11:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
2 recent frustrating situations are making me re-think my willingness to shop for NSS.

First they sent me an email saying my pizza shop was about to be rejected. No reason, so I called. I got voicemail and left a message. I never heard back except for an email the next day saying that the shop had indeed been rejected. I called again & was told that 2 of the photos had a different hue. I asked why I wasn't given the opportunity to send different photos, & they said they were having problems on their end returning calls. They wouldn't pay me or accept the shop, however. So I'm out the cost of the pizza & the bonus on that.

Now it seems they have updated their photo requirements, and you now have to upload TWO photos of each item. Mind you, I had to take a new quiz before being able to enter the report, and that detail was never mentioned. AND the photos have to be 1200 x 1600. Which would be fine except that my photos that were 1250 x 1775 were still being rejected for falling below the 1200x1600 size???? AND I only had 2 photos of some of the required shots, bc I took one that was a little blurry, then took another & verified it was fine, and moved on. Is my shop going to be rejected bc I only had ONE perfect photo?

AND the photos have to be uploaded before you can even get to the report, which means you can't enter any details about the phone call, etc while you're waiting for the pizza. Which is very annoying bc I like to enter info as I go to save reporting time later. Between that & the 1/2 hr it took me to get thru the photo upload hoops, they are going to have to increase the fees on pizza shops substantially for me to do another one.

Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
288 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2013 :  02:07:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Rene-R,

It is amazing how they get so many people to do shops for them with relatively no pay. I am on the "do not call" list until the pizza shop reaches a certain dollar amount in pay. I get called every month too. I think its because there is a limited amount of people that speak English and have internet for the particular delivery area of this one store.

I was unaware of the new requirement. When did that change? I did a shop for them on 12/31 and never heard anything about my last shop. With NSS I've always operated under "no questions/contact" means there was no problem.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

Cary in Cincy
Star Contributor

Cincinnati, OH
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2013 :  07:46:52 AM  Send Cary in Cincy an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
When CoRI had the pizza shops, there were some where the pay went up on schedule and rarely had an issue with anything unless I had a typo. I stopped the shops when they moved to NSS and Trendsource. If a shop is that demanding for little pay or a good chance of rejection, I would refrain from doing them.

Cary
Mystery shopping and Merchandising in Ohio, KY, IN, WV, and More....
Video Certified with Own Camera
Go to Top of Page

AVanderclute

Mahwah, NJ
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2014 :  7:17:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am very frustrated with this company.

Several months ago, a shop of mine was rejected because the pictures weren't "quite right". I only found this out after calling because I received an e-mail that simply stated that my shop had been deleted with no explanation.

Then yesterday, I got a call practically begging me to do two shops. Today I received another e-mail indicating that my shop had been deleted again with no explanation. I called, left a message with a human, and received no return call back.

I will not be shopping with them again. All the frustration and time is not worth the $20 of pizza that I am getting.

Amy
Shopping NY & NJ
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
288 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2014 :  12:25:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear that. I've had a shop deleted once and got an explanation when I called.

I think your first problem is doing the shop for NO pay. The pizza is not that good to begin with. Plus all the "mangling" of it, ruins it. You can get a costco pizza for $10 and not have to do any of the work.

To only be able to get a 2 topping pizza (limited choices) and NO pay is silly. I routinely do these for $15 each on top of the pizza reimbursement.

They are very easy to do. Maybe you're resolution is not high enough or you're not taking enough pictures. I take more than minimum just in case they want "better" pictures. that's the beauty of a smart phone. the pictures are free (unlike the old days).

Micah
Go to Top of Page

Kathy C.
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2014 :  11:32:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Also,

Do not confuse them with National Shopping Service Network.
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2014 :  5:01:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MicahPage

...... that's the beauty of a smart phone. the pictures are free (unlike the old days).

They actually accept cell phone pics?
Then why am I struggling with cameras, tripods, slave flashes, etc to get quality pics?!

They wait 'til last minute every month, then offer me a pittance of a bonus to rush/do the job. Since I live in the boonies, that makes it a 30 minute drive each way carryout job. I write an honest report, but neither need nor care for the pizza. Most they have ever offered is $12 pay.
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
288 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2014 :  11:29:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have samsung s3. it has 8 megapizel camera. that's more than some of the stand point and shoot canon/sony/etc. I have it set to the highest setting for maximum quality.

the one i do is delivery. i guess that's the beauty of living in an area where few speak english or have internet. There are 2 locations (one by me and other by in-laws) that I get $15 for each time. They know not to bother be for less.

I've done quite a few recently. I don't like the "mangled" scenario since that requires more pictures and slicing pizza slices and re-arranging.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

SandyKMac
Contributor

Dallas, TX
USA
63 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2015 :  9:00:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Very frustrated with them. Finally have a new location that will deliver, but the tow times I've done this location, the pictures haven't been acceptable. First time, I understand since I didn't get the whole ID numbers into the picture. This last time, something wrong with the pictures. I do another location occasionally as a carry out and I've never had any problem with the pictures for that one. Not worth it for the trouble. Only do them for a bonus these days, but they're just not worth it any more.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Engleman
Star Contributor

Dayton, OH
USA
367 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2015 :  06:38:59 AM  Visit Bob Engleman's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm more than willing to accept aggravation, but only if the remuneration's commensurate with the work. I completed a single pizza job in 2007, the photos were rejected and I closed the book on that type of shop. The following yr., a scheduler called, offered a $25 bonus and I accepted the job; my mistake, as it was also rejected. After that outcome, the book was shredded and the paper burned. As to the food's taste, OK, but certainly nothing to "write home about."

Bob
Go to Top of Page

SandyKMac
Contributor

Dallas, TX
USA
63 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2015 :  08:24:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have noticed that some time since the first of the year, they have discontinued posting the pay for the jobs. I broke down and did another shop for them since I got a new phone with a 13mp camera. Of course, this location has always come out acceptable, but the photos look a lot better now. I looked on their website and they don't really have a way to suspend or discontinue. Even the emails I get from them don't list a payment. Very frustrating.
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2015 :  8:28:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SandyKMac
Even the emails I get from them don't list a payment.

That's probably because so many of them don't HAVE any payment unless you insist on one.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

MicahPage
Star Contributor

Norwalk, CA
USA
288 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2015 :  9:17:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is amazing how many people will do the shops for little or no pay. As a company, why should they pay if people will work for free food? Some people don't want the hassle and expect some pay for their effort, but it seems like quite a few people are willing to jump at the opportunity for a free meal. If the meal you're having would cost you serious $$$, then it's okay to do a fine dining for reimbursement only. But if you're getting pizza or fast food, why bother? You can eat for free in Costco if you walk around several times. I've never done a shop for them where there is NO pay involved. I was told by one scheduler my profile was marked as I answered the phone with "how much pay?" when they called. I knew it was them and I always ask the same question. She told me she knew I would answer the phone that way as someone else must have noted my profile with it.

Micah
Go to Top of Page

MikeSLU
Star Contributor

SE
USA
319 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2017 :  7:09:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anything recent on them? Last 5 shops I did for them were refused after I turned them in and shopped company cancelled all their contracts

MSPA Silver Certification # bspa98
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums