.KimSVision
Star Contributor

Orange County, CA
USA
1383 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2004 :  3:36:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KimsVision

I've been with NSS for many years, and was really sorry to see that my 2 favorite schedulers; Joanne and Jennifer have been laid off.
Great news! Joanne just called! (See what a great board Volition is? ) She wanted me to say Hi to everyone, and thank all of the shoppers that did such a great job for her over the past 5 years!
She hopes to get back into scheduling sometime soon. ~ Kim
Don't forget to add me to your database, Joanne!

Kim
Go to Top of Page

Toni-Girl
Valued Contributor

Ohio
USA
145 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2004 :  6:31:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't know. I'm seeing all these comments about no one having any problems with them. But I've been doing their $5.00 + $1.00 reimbursement shops and have seen other type jobs on their site but I can't ever get a reply to any emails I send them. Even on some jobs that I've had questions about. I finally had to threaten not to reshop the jobs if I did them wrong before I got a reply about those questions!

I've emailed asking for the fee and instructions for jobs that have been sitting there for some time. Yet like normal, no one answers me. So I guess they'll sit b/c I won't take any jobs w/o knowing what's involved and what fee they pay.

Does anyone else have this problem?

They do pay regularly though.

Shopping extreme NW Ohio
Go to Top of Page

.KimSVision
Star Contributor

Orange County, CA
USA
1383 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2004 :  7:01:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Toni-Girl

I've emailed asking for the fee and instructions for jobs that have been sitting there for some time. Yet like normal, no one answers me. So I guess they'll sit b/c I won't take any jobs w/o knowing what's involved and what fee they pay.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Hi Toni-Girl ~
There have been a lot of staff changes the past few weeks. Whoever your scheduler was, might not even be there anymore. I would suggest calling them 1-800-800-2704, and asking who is handling the account these days. They aren't really great at answering emails, but you can always get ahold of them on the phone! Good luck! ~ Kim

Kim
Go to Top of Page

TrudaP

San Diego, CA
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2004 :  11:34:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been requesting assignments from for a couple weeks now. My status says interested but the shops have become past due before they were assigned then the next day it will say declined. Anyone else noticing this? Or am I missing something?

Silver Certified Shopping in Southern California
Go to Top of Page

DeeDeeRose
Valued Contributor

Florida
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2004 :  2:32:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been able to get in touch with them by phone and whoever answers has always been very personable. I received a phone call recently regarding some additional information for one of my reports and at the same time the scheduler asked me if I wanted to do another gas station assignment in a town nearby. I like their assignments and I find the people I've interacted with to be very cool but the pay is so low. I've done a few of their gas station assignments but most of them were bonus shops and at that time they were each $5 plus a $5 bonus and $1 snack reimbursement. That made it worth it to me to do the 3 that were local and in 2 nearby communities. That was the end of last month. This mo. I accepted the local $5 + $1 snack reimbursement assignment since I thought it was on my way but I later learned it was to be done between 12 midnight and 7 a.m.--not on my way to anything at that hour. The end of this month the bonus is only $3. For this $8 job I'd have to spend around $3.75 in fuel alone since its in a direction I'm not going in and won't be there anyway. I hate to say no to such nice people but I feel these jobs should pay at least $10 when you consider we are driving our automobiles to and from, our time involved, printing expense etc. I'm not netting enough to make it worthwhile and the client is a big OIL CO. I think this client could afford to pay more so NSS could pass a better fee on to us.

MSPA SILVER CERTIFIED rvcg5f
Go to Top of Page

LisaBGoesShopping
Star Contributor

PA
USA
3092 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2004 :  2:47:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did several shops for them this month, and I find that they all seem to be more comfortable using the phone. CALL them. They do pick up, and they will help you.

Tip: Unless you're already dealing with a specific person, you may be better off asking for someone on the team of the project you're interested in. For example, if you want to do a shop for Company XYZ, ask to speak with someone on the XYZ team.
Go to Top of Page

TheresaMarie
Valued Contributor

Germantown, Maryland
USA
113 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2004 :  3:19:02 PM  Send TheresaMarie an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
So am I to understand that, even when they email saying: "We have XYZ shop in your area, please reply if you can do it," that it would be better to contact them by phone?

Because the extent of my experience with them has been:

Tuesday evening: Someone emails that they need this shop filled. I respond within an hour, say I'm interested but would like to know the specifics... (i.e., what needs to be done, what's the pay, etc.) I provide return contact info and wait. Receive no call, and no email.
Wednesday evening: Same thing, SAME SHOP. Reply that I'm still interested, ask again for details....

Five minutes ago, I just got an email for the same shop again. I am not going to volunteer for it until I know what it pays and the other specifics. Even if they schedule someone else, I'd love to know what these normally pay so that I'll know if they're worth my time or not.

Those who work with NSS regularly -- is it best that I just call when interested, even if the scheduler requests email contact? I'm a little confused...

Mystery shopping since April 2004.
I went GOLD on July 31, 2004 - Baltimore, MD! MSPA Certification: i1i35s
Go to Top of Page

DeeDeeRose
Valued Contributor

Florida
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2004 :  3:46:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
TheresaMarie--Yes I would call them. They didn't respond to my Emails either but they don't seem to mind the phone calls.

Go to Top of Page

LauraB
Star Contributor

Frederick, MD
USA
921 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2004 :  5:02:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
TheresaMarie - I think we are getting the same email. Not only have I expressed interest, I told her I WOULD do it that afternoon. She said she needed it done in the morning. So I say okay, but let me know if you can't get it scheduled. That was 2 days ago and I'm still getting that email about needing the same shop done.

Anyway, this last email says it pays "a few bucks". Doesn't sound like something I'm going to chase down. I just wish they would put fee and date in the listing. I'm sure they would get a lot more scheduled that way.

Laura

MSPA Gold Certified #4xgoix
Go to Top of Page

TheresaMarie
Valued Contributor

Germantown, Maryland
USA
113 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2004 :  6:26:28 PM  Send TheresaMarie an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Laura,

Yep, sounds like these are the exact same emails. Honestly, this place is in a shopping center that's like 2 minutes away from me. I could walk there... If they would have advised of specifics a couple of days ago when they first emailed about it, I'd probably have picked it up even if it WASN'T that great. I had another shop in that shopping center two days ago, and would've loved to have grouped them. But as it was, I assumed it got filled due to lack of a reply to my email, and so I went ahead with my other shop. Now that Friday is upon us, I can't do the shop for them even if they do tell me the details... I've got a dinner shop tomorrow night that will take up my evening, instead.

To their credit, I went back and looked. It's a different person emailing us trying to fill the shop today than before. This person has responded to my emails in the past, even as a courtesy to say, "I got that one filled, but thanks for your interest." So I think maybe the responses we are sending to express interest is not being shared with other schedulers? That's the only thing I can think of... But it really puts me in a confused position.

I won't fuss about it since I can't even do the shop, now. In the future, I'll remember that if I see something on the site I'm interested in, I should just give 'em a ring and try to get scheduled in that fashion.

Mystery shopping since April 2004.
I went GOLD on July 31, 2004 - Baltimore, MD! MSPA Certification: i1i35s
Go to Top of Page

SandiV

Randolph, MA
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2004 :  06:20:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes! This has happened to me! I would apply for the shop and I would get the email "It was assigned to another shopper" The next day, I have another email offering me the shop again. I went and applied to the shop several times. I sent an email explaining the situation. No reply. LOL
Go to Top of Page

LynnPerley
Valued Contributor

Kernersville, NC
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2004 :  9:53:13 PM  Send LynnPerley an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did my first shop for them today and I must say they are the nicest people to deal with on the phone!

Lynn
Shopping the Piedmont Triad, NC Area
MSPA Silver # qhhkk5
Go to Top of Page

KStratt

PA
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2004 :  06:54:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have found so many of the schedulers at NSS to be wonderful people. They went way beyond the call of duty to resolve a payment issue for me a month or so ago (caused by a computer glitch, and I didn't think it was their fault at all, but more mine). I must have talked to at least three staff members there at the time. They couldn't have been more gallant, helpful, and generous about it, and they made sure it was resolved to my benefit (more to my benefit than I required or expected). They really made my day. I've found them to be most courteous and helpful at other times, as well. I wish I had more time and more money up front to do lots more shops for them--it's been, and continues to be, a real pleasure dealing with them. (I find one of their shops particularly enjoyable to do, too--especially because it makes my husband so happy! NSS singlehandedly makes him glad I'm a mystery shopper.)
Go to Top of Page

Michelle1975
Star Contributor

Newton, NJ
USA
549 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2004 :  11:37:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love NSS too! I did a fun shop for them yesterday and my scheduler is a sweetheart too. My instructions told me to leave my secret shopper decoder ring at home.

Michelle
MSPA Gold 3knuvj
Go to Top of Page

NipunB
Star Contributor

Phillipsburg, NJ
USA
540 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2004 :  07:34:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well NSS is really one of the best. As for payment details checks go out on the last day of the month and reach you in a few days. The schedulers are very polite and its better you call them as most of them schedule on phone rather than email.

Hey is Jennifer of MGI not with the company. She is like great and I enjoy working with her!! Hope its not the same Jennifer!!!

Silver Certified. Shopping Pensylvania and New Jersey
Go to Top of Page

MikeSLU
Star Contributor

SE
USA
319 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2004 :  4:40:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You may need to watch the pay. I did one shop for them and it was a $15 reimbursement shop. Two months later it was a purchase and return shop (two visits, same store, same scenarios except for the extra return visit and return reporting) and the fee was less than half of the previous reimbursement only amount.
Go to Top of Page

DeeDeeRose
Valued Contributor

Florida
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2004 :  5:58:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They've reduced their fees for their gas station shops as well.

Go to Top of Page

LisaBGoesShopping
Star Contributor

PA
USA
3092 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2004 :  7:41:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
They've reduced their fees for their gas station shops as well.

Actually, if you got the email about the changes in the gas shop fees, it looks like they shifted the fees around as an incentive to do the less popular variants. It looks like they had a certain budget to work with and decided to cut regular gas shop fees so they could pay more for the midnight gas shops and the food shops at the gas stations that no one wants to do.

Why they can't just combine the gas and food shops and then offer a combined fee, I don't know.
Go to Top of Page

Roswitha
Star Contributor

Pinellas Park, FL
USA
445 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2005 :  07:22:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote

Hi everybody,
Looking for updated feedback on NSS.
Thanks.

Roswitha
MSPA Gold Shopping sunny Florida Tampa, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Largo .....
Go to Top of Page

Sarena11
Valued Contributor

Rancho Cucamonga, California
USA
133 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2005 :  07:57:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Roswitha

Hi everybody,
Looking for updated feedback on NSS.
Thanks.

I LOVE NSS!! My experience with one of their schedulers, Katy, has been among the best I have ever had in MSing. She is professional, fun and very quick to respond to emails

I can't say enough about my experiences with their people...just great. Their pay is clockwork and only once did I have a problem. My scheduler quickly looked into and had them cut me a check that same week.

Will keep shopping with them as long as they will take me

Shopping the Inland Empire in SoCal.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums