Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

LynnPerley
Valued Contributor

Kernersville, NC
USA
230 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2005 :  08:51:05 AM  Send LynnPerley an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Very dependable company - wish their pay was higher

Lynn
Shopping the Piedmont Triad, NC Area
MSPA Silver # qhhkk5
Go to Top of Page

Sarena11
Valued Contributor

Rancho Cucamonga, California
USA
133 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2005 :  08:54:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LynnPerley

Very dependable company - wish their pay was higher
Hey Lynn,

I know what shops your talking about and I totally agree. However, this company does have much higher paying shops. They are not usually listed. I don't know if they have them in NC, but if you have a good track record...just ask your scheduler what other types of shops they may have. You never know....

Shopping the Inland Empire in SoCal.
Go to Top of Page

Heather G.
Apprentice

Waltham, MA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2005 :  09:47:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been shopping for just under a year now and have not had much experience with National Shopping Service, but one shop has been particularly messy and problematic. I performed the shop in March 2005 and was paid, but now am being billed for supplies that were shipped to my work address and returned per the shop instructions. Several Credit Hold Notices and Past Due Payment Reminderís later I find myself in a pickle. I have contacted NSS monthly when the notices arrived to ask them to resolve the situation with promises that it would be taken care of.

Today the accounting department at my full-time job calls me in because the shipment was done in my companyís name (this was without my knowledge or permission when I accepted the shop over the phone.) I called NSS again as 2 months ago I thought the situation was taken care of. I was told that many shoppers were affected by this situation and that is why NSS is no longer working with the client. They said the client didnít have the proper channels set in place to handle the billing issues the shop has caused. My e-mails and phone calls to NSS have not worked in resolving this situation and I am unsure of whether todayís call will do anything. I guess if I donít hear anything back I am going to pay for the merchandise (which I returned) so I donít suffer credit issues. Itís unfortunate that this has happened at all. I canít recommend working with NSS until this is resolved.

7/22/05 Thank you Kim, I have followed up with Matt directly today and hopefully the situation will be resolved soon. -Heather
8/5/05 This issue has been resolved finally. Thanks for the advice! -Heather
Go to Top of Page

.KimSVision
Star Contributor

Orange County, CA
USA
1383 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2005 :  1:13:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Heather ~
Go to the top. Call and ask for Matt. He's the owner of the company. Good luck!~ Kim
Go to Top of Page

Jaimie
Apprentice

Portland, OR
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2005 :  6:49:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone ever done a "training shop" for NSS. I was "offered" a shop where you need to shop 10 people for a rather low fee. It says each person only takes a few minutes but you need to get their first and last name. It clearly states this is a training shop. It also says that you need to do these until the client sends your report back without any suggestions for improvement. They have these in a store that is convenient for me to get to, but not a store I would want to shop regularly. If all I'm doing is training to shop this store for a real shop I'm not too terribly interested. But if they have restaurants I could be willing to put in my time to get something better later. I've been shopping for six years. I feel like I've put in my time. Right now I'm just trying to shop places I'll be anyway for things I need already.

Now that I've rambled on for awhile. Any feedback on this company?

Jaimie
Go to Top of Page

.Sandy C
Inactive

NM
USA
151 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2005 :  08:45:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did one of these training shops during my first month shopping. It was a very difficult shop. The pay goes up if you complete more than one in it's entirety and correctly.
If you do one of these shops, make sure you go at the store's busiest times... I did not, which made it all the more difficult, plus they had a LOT of trainees working and the employees with the correct name badges were not handling the transactions. The scheduler was very understanding, and although I did not get the entire shop fee, I did get half.
They know these shops are difficult, and they have lots of tips to offer. I personally wouldn't want to do another. Obviously though, someone else is doing them and doing them well, or they'd change the MO of the shop.

Sandy
MSPA Silver Certified July 2005
Go to Top of Page

MaryH
Valued Contributor

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
141 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2005 :  2:20:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done several of these shops. The key is to go when the store is busy. It can be done very quickly that way. The only problem you have is making sure you're not caught making notes. Trying things on or pretending to be taking notes from a phone call normally takes care of it for me.
Go to Top of Page

Lori CA
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
105 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2005 :  08:25:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done one shop for them which was paid as agreed. I've been offered a few others, including the training shop. Does anyone know how much the fee goes up after it is done correctly? Thanks.

MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Christy461

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  08:49:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did the training shop, which in my area took FOREVER! I just couldn't find enough employees. Enterering the detailes took longer than estimated which is understandable since it was my first time using the form.

I didn't need to do any more training shops and was offered "real" shops, but they were the same department store type I had done as a training shop. I told the very nice scheduler there was too much time involved for the compensation. She said she understood. I told her I'd be happy to do them for a higher pay, and she said she didn't think that was going to happen. In fact, she said the pay would probably decrease for those shops eventually.
Go to Top of Page

ChrisT
Star Contributor

USA
1513 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2005 :  09:23:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How can it go lower than $1 per each associate?
Glad I didn't take it. They say that AFTER you do the training you get to do it direct for the company at a HIGHER rate. I guess that was just a bold faced lie.

ChrisT
Deliriously Happy Shopping Uncertifiable
Go to Top of Page

Nancie

Alabama
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2005 :  06:42:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Returned Check
I have just had a check returned insufficient funds from National Shopping Service. I have tried contacting them by phone, but have only gotten an automated message. I've left my contact information but haven't heard anything yet. Anyone else had this problem??
Thanks for your help.
Nancie
Go to Top of Page

VirginiaVal
Apprentice

VA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2005 :  8:30:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They underpaid me for a job (did not give promised bonus) and could not be bothered to answer the email I sent inquiring about why. I have not signed up for any more shops with them.
Go to Top of Page

LindJorg
Star Contributor

Tacoma, WA
USA
921 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2005 :  12:15:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi all. I just completed my first shop for NSS,,,,any feedback appreciated on this company. Thanks.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

JAngler64
Valued Contributor

Philadelphia, PA
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2005 :  04:57:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did 2 shops for them on 03/04/05 and received the check on 05/05/05. I did another shop for them on 10/25/05 and their site says the check was mailed on 11/30/05, along with a promised bonus. I expect that I will get the check in my hands in the next couple days.

When I emailed them with a question, they responded quickly, and when I called them on the phone they also were responsive as well.

The biggest downside I see is the fees they pay for individual shops are not high. However, the shops are easy to complete, and invoices, etc. can be uploaded or emailed, vs. faxing or mailing. Also, in my area they have multiple locations in shopping malls that can be shopped, somewhat making it possible to group a couple together to get some economy out of it.
I hope this helps.

edit 12/05/2005:
The check came in the mail today with the promised bonus.

Jeff
MSPA Gold Certified aacxgi
Shopping Eastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, NY to Washington, DC
Go to Top of Page

Mike Krieger
Star Contributor

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2005 :  09:06:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When they lowered the gas station shops down to $1 pay with $4 reimbursable, that was the finishing blow for me. They just squeeked by for me when it was $3 plus $5 reimbursable.
I am saying how the hell you can not stand out asking for $4 worth of gas, especially if its full service.
Go to Top of Page

JanetOKC
Contributor

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
57 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2005 :  2:35:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My experience with the schedulers has been good. But their fees seem kinda low. I did a second shop for them yesterday, because I could do it at the mall where I already had three other shops.

Janet
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

KristinaQ

Bronx, New York
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  8:41:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've only done a few shops with them so far, but the schedulers are very friendly -- Although I do wish some of the shops that are reimbursement only weren't

kristina
~MSPA silver certified in NYC~
Go to Top of Page

Angela P.

CA
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  10:00:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received a check from them on Dec 5th, only to have it returned to me for nonsufficient funds. I've done previous work for them without issue and like that they pay when they say they will. But now this? Anyone else?

Angela
Go to Top of Page

Debra Chambers

Oklahoma City
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  12:40:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
NSS was the first company that sent me out on a shop. I have work with 3 different schedulers at NSS. Brandy is the one I have worked with the most at this tme. I had trouble at first getting shops. My problem was figuring out how to apply for the ones I had found on line. One day I finally called and talked to the person who answered the phone. The scheduler for that paticular shop wasn't in at the time. No problem, the person who answered the phone managed to help me get the shop. Now when I find prospects I am interested in shopping I just call the office and try to speak to one of the team for that shop. I normally have no problem getting it.

I love NSS they have been patient and understanding with a complete novice. I know that I did 3 shops in one day for the same retail outfit in 3 different malls. When doing the reports I put the wrong store number on the wrong report. Of course I realized this after I sent it in. I sent the scheduler an email with an appology for my mistake and which one I messed up. I didn't hear anything back so I called them 2 days later. The scheduler thanked me for letting them know and that it had been corrected. She was nice and pleasant about the mistake. I will continue to work for NSS as long as I can.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

PattyK

Vista, CA
USA
46 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  2:17:41 PM  Send PattyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Add me to the list that has had a checked returned. Just notified by my bank today. Wonder if NSS is going to cover the bank charges as well? Guess this is a business loss and grateful I didn't complete more than one job for them at this point. If anyone finds out any information for resolution please post!

Shopping San Diego and Southern Riverside County
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ģ Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums