Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

AmyPA

Cuddy, PA
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  7:49:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I cashed one 2 weeks ago without a problem.

Amy
Go to Top of Page

GVargas
Valued Contributor

WA
USA
163 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  07:29:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I decided to risk it and deposited my check on 1/6. It hasn't bounced yet (knock on wood).
Go to Top of Page

ChrisT
Star Contributor

USA
1513 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  11:49:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I won't do another ff reimbursement for them. I went over by VERY SMALL amounts(less than 30 cents) for them and they only gave reimbursement(I only did it cuz I could walk to 'em and liked the food). I asked for them to reimburse me the full amount(on the feedback when I submitted the shop) since there was no shop fee but they didn't give me any response, and I see they won't pay me it(they already listed my payments for this month).

I also emailed them another question on another shop and have heard no response, been almost a week.

ChrisT
Deliriously Happy Shopping Uncertifiable
Go to Top of Page

KatCinTX
Apprentice

TX
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  09:26:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received a check from the company to compensate for the original check bouncing, plus the original fee. I deposited it a few weeks ago and have had no problems. I just wanted to let everyone know that things are in the clear with regards to my previous problem.
Go to Top of Page

BrianT

Indianapolis, IN
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2006 :  11:26:21 AM  Visit BrianT's Homepage  Send BrianT an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just completed a FF Asian shop for them. It's a FF place I love anyways. The reimbursement only covers the required entree with no drink. Even though a small drink takes it over by a mere few .

Since there's no shopper pay, I doubt I'll do more for them. I ordered a small drink, and IMHO they should at least cover that.

Lots of data to read, times to remember, names and uniforms to remember and data to enter, along with faxing/emailing a receipt, and not even to cover the drink is just cheap. My meal ends up costing me money to work for them.

Their system is not the best. Looks great on the surface. You see from their main page Select Assignments to place shops as your Prospects. However, a scheduler told me, after receiving a second email on a shop I had listed as "My Prospect" that they only place shops with shoppers who email or call them. That whole system of notifying them, via the system, is a waste of time.

Additionally, on the survey for the FF Asian shop, a question specifically states, "If you answered YES, give us details." implying that if you checked "no" you'd leave it blank. I clicked no, left it blank, and the survey gave me an error that I must complete the field.

It amazes me how these companies yell and scream and threaten to cut our pay/reimbursements for errors, when they have errors of their own.

Brian
MSPA Silver Certified
"I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; Yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers."
Go to Top of Page

SheilaW
Star Contributor

Fairfield, CA
USA
881 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2006 :  12:53:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I like this company.
I haven't done the ff assignment so can't speak to that one but the restaurant assignments I have done have ample reimbursement to cover the meal, drink and tip.
Also, I have never had to email or phone for an assignment. I place the assignment that I want in "my prospects" and the scheduler contacts me, usually within a couple of days.
Maybe each scheduler does it differently

Sheila, NoCal
Proudly shopping Solano County including Travis AFB.
Gold Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Stacie72
Contributor

GA
USA
81 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2006 :  8:00:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have accepted two shops from this company at the last minute. I go out of my way for a small bonus. Both times I have been paid, the bonus has been missing making this shop more or less just a wash with the distance I drive. I am tired of being promised things and having people not follow through. UGH!
Go to Top of Page

ShopperGrant
Apprentice

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2006 :  3:17:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've gotten a few emails from this company and I really thought it was a joke from a friend.

The pay for the shop was "$2.50" of which $.50 was reimubursement for the purchase of a product.

Ummm....NO!

Grant
Go to Top of Page

LisaTX
Valued Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2006 :  11:42:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received a call from them in early July to perform a shop with a significant bonus. I called repeatedly and the bonus continued to go missing. I just kept making a pest of myself and finally I received the bonus check this week. I have had a positive experience with this company in the past (one really good shop for them at a high end children's store), but it may be awhile before I take another shop with a bonus from them again. I don't like to chase my payments!

Lisa
MSPA Gold Certified and happily shopping in North Texas
Go to Top of Page

DBerryman
Apprentice

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  12:17:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow, y'all are making me nervous- lol! I just signed up with them a few days ago. I went on my first shop on Wed. There was a nice bonus offered b/c it was at the last minute that they asked me to do it.

Hope I get my bonus pay!

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Judy B.
Apprentice

Joshua Tree, CA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2006 :  07:33:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Debbie,
I had been fairly happy shopping for NSS. However, I was promised a $10.00 bonus for a particular shop if I would rescedule to accomodate another shoppers schedule. I was happy to do it. The bonus was not paid and my inquiries were not acknowledged. If you continue to shop for them, I advise that you get the promised bonus in an email, not verbally. Hope you get your bonus! Let us know.
Some schedulers promise anything to meet their quotas.
Most schedulers are honest!

Judy B. from Joshua Tree
Go to Top of Page

Lucinda

Baltimore, MD
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  12:28:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was wondering has anyone done the sporting goods store for them? The fee is very low, I was curious about the report. Are there a lot of questions that have to be answered? It might be too much work for the fee??? I wish I could see the form before I did the job.
Thank You Lucinda

Lucinda
Go to Top of Page

JenniferWilcox
Star Contributor

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
314 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  2:26:00 PM  Send JenniferWilcox an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I saw the sporting goods one but I haven't done it. I have a beauty supply store shop this week. I didn't know this until after the shop was assigned to me, but it doesn't have a fee, just a reimbursement. Not really good for someone who doesn't wear makeup or really use any of the other products in this type of store.
Go to Top of Page

SacTam
Contributor

Sacramento, CA
USA
63 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  09:54:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a shop for NSS back in July and had trouble logging onto their website to enter the report. (Their problem, not mine as I was able to submit reports to other MS companies that day.) I reported this problem to them and did not get any response. I was finally able to submit the report the next day. An hour later, I got an angry message from them asking for my report. I called back and left a message explaining the sitution and never heard back from them.

One part of NSS' system shows that my report is "in" but another part of the system doesn't acknowledge that I even did the shop. Needless to say, I never got paid for this shop ($50 reimbursement). Will never shop for them again.
Go to Top of Page

ChrisT
Star Contributor

USA
1513 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  6:33:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
NSS makes SI look good!

ChrisT
Deliriously Happy Shopping Uncertifiable
Go to Top of Page

Bambi
Valued Contributor

San Antonio, Texas
USA
184 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2006 :  06:34:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done two shops for this company. The pay is really so low that it is not worth the gas to do the shop. I did get paid for my first shop and the scheduler called me because my check had come back. I had forgotten to put my apt. number in my profile. They are nice people to work for but alas I need more pay to make it worth my while before I will shop for them again.

Bambi
Go to Top of Page

Laurence-MA

MA
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2006 :  3:21:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone have input as to how they are doing on payments. Years ago we did a ton of resturant shops, then they lost the contract or something, now it looks like they are doing them again. Getting a bit nervous though after reading about bounced checks.
Go to Top of Page

MicheleinBK

Brooklyn, NY
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2006 :  5:07:15 PM  Send MicheleinBK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done alot of the sporting goods shops for them. The forms are easy and straightforward.
Go to Top of Page

Cheri_P

NC
USA
36 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  08:19:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just did my first pizza shop for NSS. I wanted to get the experience and show them I was a good shopper, so I did not even question the pay since it wasn't listed. After doing a photo shop, I've now found out that it only pays reimbursement of the pizza that I had to disect, photograph and then complete the shop evaluation also.
I don't think I'll be doing anymore shops for them.

Cheri
Go to Top of Page

TerryInTulsa
Star Contributor

Tulsa, OK
USA
349 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2007 :  02:17:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done quite a few shops for NSS. Some of them don't pay much more than reimbursement and some pay really well. The schedulers always respond to my emails when I have questions and they've been great about rescheduling a shop for me when something comes up and I can't make it on the assigned date.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums