Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

AudreyB
Valued Contributor

West Plains, Missouri
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2007 :  06:42:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just did a $7.00 shop for them that had a $7.00 Bonus attached. When I just went to check my payroll, there was no talk about bonus, but the shop pay was higher($10.00) than they had originally stated. I just sent an e-mail asking about this discrepancy, now I'm waiting for them to respond.

Audrey
happily shopping southern Missouri and northern Arkansas
Go to Top of Page

LisaTX
Valued Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2007 :  3:25:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
THanks, MaryS. I talked to them again on Friday and we will see what happens. I agree that you have to stay on top of them. I had the same problem with them last summer and I bet I called for 2 or 3 months before I finally received my bonus. As for sending e-mails like Pam In CA suggested, I agree with MaryS that they don't respond to e-mails very well. Of course I save my e-mail messages until I'm paid and have already forwarded them to 2 people at NSS, neither or whom ever responded to my e-mail or my follow-up e-mail asking for the status of the bonus.

Pam In CA, if you're getting all of your bonuses from them you're living a blessed life. I've only ever gotten 1 bonus from them through normal channels. The rest of the time I have to nag and nag - and I already do plenty of that being a Mom Kind of takes the fun out of shopping!!!

Still and all, I just can't find it in my heart to dislike this company. I don't do a lot for them, but enjoy what I do and want to keep doing it.

Lisa
MSPA Gold Certified and happily shopping in North Texas
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50246 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2007 :  3:30:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've never had a problem with receiving bonuses.
Go to Top of Page

Venka
Trainee

South Cheshire
United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2007 :  3:23:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, I had signed up with NSS as they are also offering work to the UK. A couple of days after I had to pull out of my first job due to car problems (in the second half of March) the problems started. For weeks I would only get error messages when searching for jobs and also I couldn't change my address to the correct one - they only have so many post towns on their system. Both these problems were reported by me various times and in the beginning I even got some replies.

The last three emails weren't answered at all, including the one were I requested my account to be deleted - which was carried out without a problem and very fast.

I'm done with them.
Go to Top of Page

Beth in TheWineCountry
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
161 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2007 :  7:03:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a shop for them last month that had a bonus attached. When I looked at the payroll section the bonus was not reflected. I was told I had to wait until this month, April, for it to show. Last time I checked, it was accurate. Hopefully the check will be too!

Beth

Gold Certified shopper happily evaluating
the North SF bay area
Go to Top of Page

Paula H.
Valued Contributor

Pasadena, CA
USA
165 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  5:47:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone notice the new lower pay for their Chinese fast food? The shop is reimbursement only and went from $7 to $5. Hardly worth the effort unless you just love their food.

Gold Certified shopper
Go to Top of Page

.KimSVision
Star Contributor

Orange County, CA
USA
1383 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  7:43:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paula H.

Anyone notice the new lower pay for their Chinese fast food? The shop is reimbursement only and went from $7 to $5. Hardly worth the effort unless you just love their food.

And I just added a comment at the end of my last report stating that the total of my meal came to $7.33.
(Crazy me even thought they might even throw in the extra 33 cents to reimburse me!)

Guess I won't be doing that shop anymore.

Anyone remember when the other company paid a generous reimbursement of $10, PLUS $8 pay?
Those were the good old days! Just a few years ago too!

Go to Top of Page

SheilaW
Star Contributor

Fairfield, CA
USA
881 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  9:14:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I liked that shop as my order came to $6.87 and was covered.
I won't be doing it now.
I'm not paying out of pocket for ANY kind of food be it fine dining or fast food.
At least the golden arches is full reimbursement plus a $7.50 fee.

Sheila, NoCal
Proudly shopping Solano County including Travis AFB.
Gold Certified.
Go to Top of Page

JodiLed
Trainee

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2007 :  6:33:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a pizza photo shop for NSS back on 5/21. I submitted my report, and never heard a peep about it. When I looked on the website, I noticed my shop was gone, so I emailed the company at the main customer service e mail address 4 times. They NEVER got back to me. I stupidly accepted another shop from them, not realizing that they play games like this. On Monday 6/19 , I completed the shop, and called the 800 number to confirm that my shop was correctly submitted and to ask AGAIN what had happened to my first shop from May.They kept saying a " MANAGER WOULD CALL ME BACK" I was jerked around by different people, and had to call back four times.No one ever called me back or gave me any answers. Finally I tried emailing a different address I found. I got someone to tell me that my photos were never received, even though I had emailed then and had proof that they were emailed. I was told that even though this shop was a month old, my photos were actually incorrect,( I had saved them on my computer and resent them) I didn't turn the slices of pizza over for one of the shots. I said I had just completed another shop the same way because a month had gone by with my thinking that my first set of photos were correct. Lots of emails went back and forth. Now I was told to do the shop again, ( stupid me laying out for yet another pizza!!!). Tonight I completed the shop for the third time. Now I was told that my shop is not correct because I ordered a plain pizza. I ordered the same pizza all three times. If it was incorrect any of the other times, why was I not told before I ordered the exact same thing again. Is it just me, or is something DIRTY with NSS? I am so aggravated about this. I feel so taken advantage of and ripped off. These MS companies hold the shoppers to such high standards but don't subscribe to the same policies for themselve. Poor follow up and Poor customer service.

Jodi
Go to Top of Page

TerryInTulsa
Star Contributor

Tulsa, OK
USA
349 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2007 :  10:57:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am trying to reply to JodiLed but ...... Where to begin???

You didn't follow directions. Not just once, but multiple times. How could you possibly think you had done the first shop (shops) correctly when you were having payment issues with them? Why would you continue to accept assignments (or ask for them, as the case may be) from a company that would not respond to your questions?

Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2007 :  12:05:33 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hate to see any shopper not get paid, even when it is their own fault. I don't see that NSS is responsible for you not getting paid in this case. Reading the instructions and following them is our responsibilty.

You were fortunate to be offered another opportunity to work for them. 3 times and not knowing what to order is a bit much.

I hope you are able to learn from this. There are companies out there that would have given you a grade of 1 and removed you from their system.

I am not saying them not returning your calls is good business, but I agree with Terry. I would not have taken any more or asked for any more shops until I had the first one cleared up. You cannot self assign with this company, so there must have been some type of email communication taking place.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

JodiLed
Trainee

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2007 :  06:33:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I understand that they have directions to be followed, but if there was an issue with a report, and I emailed with the scheduler about the two prior shops, before I did the third shop, why we she NOT have mentioned that the ordered item was incorrect- not once but TWICE. I was not told that until after the third shop was completed. Their ( NSS) issue was that they originally claimed they never received the photos, but they also never contacted me for over a month or replied to my emails or four phone calls, and then changed the story to say that the photos were incorrect. They never mentioned any issue with the ordered item, and receipts and reports were submitted ( faxes and submitted online) and accepted for the first two reports. I only accepted the third shop because I was told that I would then be paid for all three shops. I didn't feel it was correct that I should be out ANY money since the problem was mainly that NSS didn't reply or follow up on a report from May 21. I had to chase them down with four emails, and four phone calls to get a reponse. There is no way that you can turn this around. NSS DROPPED THE BALL. THEY DIDN'T FOLLOW UP. Had they followed up, I would have been informed that there was a problem on May 22, the day after the first report, and I would have corrected it before going through this two more times. What is with this, the MS companies have no responsiblity, just the shoppers????

Jodi
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2007 :  07:38:11 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jodi, you did not state they agreed to pay you for all three shops in your original post. There was more than the issue of ordering the wrong pizzas, maybe they never got that far when looking at your reports until the last time.

Bottom line is not they dropped the ball, you did. I am sorry, but it makes no sense to me that you would have taken or asked for the second job until you could get the first one cleared up. It is YOUR responsibilty to make sure all required purchases, photos, receipts, etc., are taken care of.

How did you get the second job?

I have found that I request them, they email and say call or email right away if interested, I then follow through. If you were able to get to someone then, I do not understand why you agreed to do another job until the first was cleared up. You were not chasing anyone if you had the opportunity to apply for and accept a total of three shops so quickly.

I do not know how long you have been shopping, but please understand, you asked for feedback and it was offered. I am sorry it happened to you, but if the company and other shoppers are in agreement that you messed up, maybe you should accept that and move on.

It was wrong that the calls and emails were not returned, but logically, well there is no logic to taking the second job, so I don't know.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

ChrisT
Star Contributor

USA
1513 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2007 :  09:27:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jodi,

I have to agree with the other posters here.

I have done the pizza shops in the past(non-photo only....much easier) and made sure to read the instructions. I knew what type of pizza I had to order. You could've written out or printed just the part that said what type of pizzas to order. Is that so hard?

I can understand though that after the first shop they should've sent you an email or called you and told you that you ordered the wrong pizza and woouldn't be paid so you'd know for next time. They should've also contacted you within a day or two about the pictures being wrong. I would've called though to make sure they got the pictures. Phone is best with this company.

However, you are still responsible for reading the instructions, EVERYTIME, for a shop, even if you've completed 2,000 of them before; you never know when an MSC will change the instructions for a shop.

Also, this company almost never assigns shops through email(they only confirm that you are assigned that way); you must've talked with someone. You could've asked them about the shops. They are very nice on the phone and helpful. They can be slow with email, I would almost never use that to communicate with them, except to verify any bonus.

I wouldn't have completed though a third shop until I saw that I was getting paid for the other two(if I had done them right that is). You could've just waited another month until payment should've gone out. Did you really need a pizza that badly?

Ah well, you live and learn. It's not like you lost your life savings Maybe you should try another company if you don't really like them. I hardly ever work for NSS unless I want to give my wife a break from cooking dinner that night. Their pay is low or non-existant(free pizza, no shop fee)

Think of it this way. If you owned a company and completed a job wrong for a client, do you think that client is obligated to pay you for your work Remember you're an IC, not an employee, you won't get paid for doing work wrong(unless they can somehow use the report and you get a really nice scheduler).

Don't fret too long about this though. There are plenty of other, MUCH better paying MSC's out there.

ChrisT
Deliriously Happy Shopping Uncertifiable
Go to Top of Page

Carol C
Star Contributor

Washington, DC
USA
436 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2007 :  10:22:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I actually prefer the photo shops to the nonphoto ones, although I typically do the photo ones for a different company that pays better. However, the advantage to the photo shops is that you can do them as carry-out at locations that do not deliver in your area. If you don't live in the area, taking a few photos is a lot easier than figuring out a delivery location in the area, then waiting on a street corner for the pizza to show up.

The first time I tried one of these shops, I screwed up the cut one, not noticing that I was supposed to turn the pizza over. After going through the whole thing and not getting paid, I swore I'd never do another one. However, I later tried one and it went well, and I have since done 10 more. I only do them if they are heavily bonused, or if I am going to be in the area and hungry, because the pay isn't very good otherwise. However, if I want a pizza, the photos are really easy to do after you have figured out the system, and the form is quite simple.

Washington, DC-area Gold Certified #cr5xij
MSPA Rookie Shopper of the Year 2007
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2007 :  7:01:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In my experience, they have always e-mailed me to let me know that the pictures were received and of good quality, or something to that effect. Maybe it's just the scheduler for my area, I don't know. But before I did my first one, he went through the set of instructions with me, insisting on the photo part, since he said it could get confusing ( especially the upside down cut one!)
I have always found communication through the phone to be the best with them. They are really nice and helpful. Oh well, you'll know for next time not to make the same mistake again ( because I am sorry to say that it was your mistake, not theirs...)

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

BrianCollins
Valued Contributor

USA
243 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2007 :  07:36:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done some of the pizza dissection jobs and here is my anecdotal experience:

Regarding incorrect topping/size, NSS will actually "let it pass" a certain number of times before shutting a shopper down. One time I had to order an unacceptable pizza and my report was accepted/paid without incident. But it was clear that I shouldn't make a habit of it, or they would stop believing it was an unavoidable situation and would assume I was just doing my own thing. Perhaps the third wrong pizza was the limit?

Regarding feedback from pictures, I receive this email from their photo department: "This email is being sent to confirm that we have received your photos for [XXXXX] and they are all within the specifications. Thank you for doing a great job." That is my standard experience.

Regarding communication, I have never -- and I have successfully completed dozens of NSS jobs -- had an email discussion with a NSS scheduler. They always want people to phone in. That is the only way I have ever received an assignment.

Regarding understanding a job, each time I have done a new type of assignment, the scheduler gives me a verbal rundown of the job and then states the compensation. They would not let me have my first pizza job without being aware I had to cut up the pizza in a certain way, etc. The scheduler went over the pictures and what usually trips up a shopper in great detail. All of this would be necessary, IMO, because how else would a shopper know what was expected for the pay?

Regarding a report having problems, one time an internal issue caused the acceptance of one of my non-pizza reports to be delayed. It lit up a different color in my console and was fairly ominous. So from personal experience, a report gone wrong looks eye-catchingly different than one that has been accepted.

NSS might not be an elite high-paying company (or whatever), but they don't want to send unprepared shoppers on a job or set anyone up to fail. I'm sure NSS screws up on occasion and I'm sure some shoppers have decided NSS is not for them, but in my experience they will spend extra time helping a shopper just to make sure they get usable reports.
Go to Top of Page

Iron Chef Toni
Star Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
462 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2007 :  08:29:29 AM  Send Iron Chef Toni an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Their system is strange to me that you can not self assign jobs on their web site but just "post your interest in them" and then call the scheduler to get the job. Do they have a call center outside of the US? Nearly all of the schedulers I have spoken to had such thick accents I could barely understand them. But I won't be calling them anymore. I only did the chinese fast food shop for them and since now the reimbursment doesn't even cover the cost of the meal, forget it not anymore.

Toni
Gold certified in N. Texas
Now doing Merchandising exclusively!
Go to Top of Page

LuciCCham
Star Contributor

Shaker Heights, Ohio
USA
372 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2007 :  1:50:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been shopping for this company for about a year. I love them. I conduct anywhere from 10-15 product audits each month. I always check the board at the end of the month and identify the prospects I am interested in conducting. Then I send an email to my scheduler to let her know I have requested them and give her a deadline to complete the whole batch of them. It works for me because I can schedule them in smaller batches according to location with the other higher paying shops. The only time I ever had a problem (two of my shops got deleted from the board after I had completed them)I emailed my scheduler and she gave me a $6 bonus for the hassle. I can count on my check in my mailbox the last day of each month for the previous month's jobs. Although, I do wish they would start paying through paypal.

Luci
MSPA Gold Certified
Consumer Services Evaluator
Go to Top of Page

HeatherShops
Star Contributor

Lake Placid, NY
USA
277 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2007 :  11:12:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love this company! I do a lunch shop for them and I do not mind calling to get the free lunch. The shop I do is way easy and there are only 18 questions. I would love to do more for this company but nothing else is in my area. Everyone is always very polite and helpful when I call! They pay right on time.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums