Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

Bri-in-CA
Valued Contributor

Ukiah, CA
USA
224 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  12:07:45 AM  Visit Bri-in-CA's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
The food shop went from $7(which I already thought was low)to $5. Yes, the evaluation & report are easy(and we like the food), but, this is newbie pay, not fees that veterans should be getting.

My husband & I have done a couple other kinds of shops for them which were also $7. Is that all they pay? As I've mentioned in other messages, we work as IC's due to health issues. And, because, we're still trying to find all the companies which serve our area, we will take these from time to time. It would be nice to see pay going up, not down, though.

Silver certified & shopping Sonoma, Napa, Mendocino & Lake counties
Go to Top of Page

Carol C
Star Contributor

Washington, DC
USA
436 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  5:56:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I recently took one of their pizza shops. While I was on the phone, the scheduler asked if I'd like to speak to the person who handled the Chinese food, since one of those shops was available in the same area. I told her that I was not doing the Chinese food one so long as the reimbursement was less than the cost. I said the same thing in an e-mail to the scheduler for the Chinese shops themselves. I'm hoping that they will have enough difficulty placing these to up the reimbursement again.

A lot of their shops do have very low pay. However, like other companies, they will bonus a shop if it gets near the end of the month and no one has taken it.

Washington, DC-area Gold Certified #cr5xij
MSPA Rookie Shopper of the Year 2007
Go to Top of Page

TaraSue
Star Contributor

Fort Wayne, IN
USA
384 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  2:58:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
those Chinese ones are now flat rate five dollars and no beverage....
which leaves several dollars left so in the end we get a discount on our food and still have to do a report
Go to Top of Page

TerryInTulsa
Star Contributor

Tulsa, OK
USA
349 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  9:28:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm really disappointed that the pizza shops are reimbursement only. Even the slice and dice ones! When a different msc had them, they paid a decent commission and reimbursement.
Go to Top of Page

Carol C
Star Contributor

Washington, DC
USA
436 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  10:50:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Terry, without divulging too many details, more than one MSC does the pizza shops (both slice and dice, and otherwise). The shops are pretty much identical at the different MSCs, but the pay/reimbursements are different.

Washington, DC-area Gold Certified #cr5xij
MSPA Rookie Shopper of the Year 2007
Go to Top of Page

SaraB
Contributor

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  01:03:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
With inflation and gas costs is it standard to tip a food delivery service $1--the max the reimbursement allows? That would be a 6% tip on the food I am required to order.
Go to Top of Page

.KimSVision
Star Contributor

Orange County, CA
USA
1383 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  10:13:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SaraB

With inflation and gas costs is it standard to tip a food delivery service $1--the max the reimbursement allows? That would be a 6% tip on the food I am required to order.

There's no way that I could tip a delivery guy only $1!

My nephew delivers pizza back east, and tells me horror stories about guys he works with, who give an extra surprise in the pizza to the tight-wads who only tip a dollar.
They have regular customers and know who the "generous" dollar tippers are. (I hope they aren't Mystery shoppers!)

I tip generously now!
Go to Top of Page

BrianCollins
Valued Contributor

USA
243 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  6:36:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but to wildly generalize...

I think ALL pizza assignments throughout the industry are underpaid compared to other types of eating. Because of course I really like pizza!

So I basically have to pick and choose the best of what's available. There are two companies (as Carol C said) that do pizza dissection for the same client. Regardless of the company, those assignments usually end up bonused in my area. There are NSS competitor shops where one can reverse google the address -- those are reimbursement only but SOME tend to go fast in my neck of the woods.

And then, just for good measure, I do pizza buffet shops for a third company.

And I agree, the $1 tip thing is ludicrous -- I usually give $2 extra out of my own pocket.
Go to Top of Page

Bri-in-CA
Valued Contributor

Ukiah, CA
USA
224 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  6:36:09 PM  Visit Bri-in-CA's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Since delivery people rely on their tips we usually give 15%. We order more than pizza too--salads, breadsticks & wings. Of course, this is just for regular ordering out. We've never done any shop where food was delivered. I'm sure they probably limit what you can order. We only have two pizza places in town. One is a mom & pop & the other just has 14 locations in Northern CA(if they're shopped, I don't know by whom). I don't think we'll be able to do these kinds of shops any time soon.

Go to Top of Page

Dar
Star Contributor

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2007 :  06:19:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
"pizza dissection" Brian you really are funny

...that reminds me of my 7th grade science project... Except I didn't need to take photos...

I don't shop anymore for this company. MSing is my job, not charity work. I'm actually trying to run a "for profit" company, although my tax man may have a different opinion...

A couple of years ago one of their male schedulers got nasty with me when I wouldn't help him out with a last minute $5 shop across town. He said, "Well you took it last minute last time." I replied that it worked in with my route last time and that I needed a bonus for it to be worth doing as a "favor" again this month. Five dollars didn't cover the gas then either. He refused to bonus it and I never heard from him again. I think he took rejection rather well, don't you?...

I wonder if schedulers ever get embarassed by the ridiculous things they demand from us.

Dar
MSPA Gold Certified
~ MSing the Southern USA ~
Go to Top of Page

LynnJ
Star Contributor

MA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2007 :  08:38:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I rarely work for just food with no fee besides, but NSS has been kind enough to let me enjoy 7 ice cream sundae take-outs in the last month. 5 minutes on site, 2 minutes to report, and I get a mint chip and hot fudge and whipped cream fix. Might as well have a big sign on me that sayd WILL WORK FOR ICE CREAM.
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2007 :  4:12:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got reimbursed for my Chinese Food shop and they paid me for the full amount of my purchase which was slightly more than the reduced amount that was posted in the shop's instructions (lower than the previous reimbusement for the same shop). As per the instrucitons I did not order a drink but at least the full amount of the food was covered. I will sometimes take a full reimbursement food shop without pay if I'm going to be in the area anyhow.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

CarolSue

San Jose, CA
USA
46 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  6:34:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done a couple for them also and like them.
I just wish they had a description and pay for the shop like most places. You have to call them to get that and I like to know some details before I do that. But no problems here with them!

Carol Sue
Go to Top of Page

Bri-in-CA
Valued Contributor

Ukiah, CA
USA
224 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  5:16:32 PM  Visit Bri-in-CA's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
My husband did a couple of the Chinese lunch shops last month. They really should go back to the original reimbursement. How many people order a meal without a drink? I ordered a large with mine so we could share. We don't seem to have the ice cream shops here

Go to Top of Page

Jen Ohio
Star Contributor

North Olmsted, Ohio
USA
285 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  10:56:34 AM  Send Jen Ohio an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree with Carol, I don't like having to call and find out how much the payment and reimbursement is. They should post with the job.

Finally Silver Certified!!
Shopping Northeast Ohio Full Time
Go to Top of Page

TerryInTulsa
Star Contributor

Tulsa, OK
USA
349 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  8:54:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I get notification of available assignments via email or telephone. In either case, the job details and the pay (including bonus, if applicable) are stated.
Go to Top of Page

LaVonne_R

Lake Wylie, SC
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  2:46:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm glad I came here, but I should have done so sooner. I've tried signing up with them twice, and I always get an email authentication screen that says they have sent me a confirmation email that never comes. They said to call if you don't get the email, but after reading all the negative feedback, I'm not sure I will. Thanks, everyone!

Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  4:10:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LaVonne_R

They said to call if you don't get the email, but after reading all the negative feedback, I'm not sure I will.

I actually like working for them. You have to pick and choose your assignements. They have a family restaurant here that is nice. Most of their fee-based shops are so low it's not worth it but the reimbursement ones are OK with me.
On the plus side, their forms are SUPER easy and they limit their narrative to 250 characters max in most instances! Talk about fast reporting!

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

Greta
Valued Contributor

Waldorf, MD
USA
132 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  5:12:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, I enjoy the family restaurant and short, quick report! Sometimes I kick myself when I take other restaurant shops and the forms take me hours to complete. This form took me 15 minutes and that included the time to print the invoice, attach the recepts and email them in.

Give me more shops like this one!
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  8:16:33 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I like working for them too. They have some great bonused shops and I have two schedulers there I really like.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums