Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

HeatherShops
Star Contributor

Lake Placid, NY
USA
277 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2007 :  05:12:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I like working for this company. The shops are easy and everyone is helpful. I have never had a problem getting paid!!
Go to Top of Page

Elle11
Apprentice

Philadelphia, PA
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2007 :  08:12:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have just started MSing and have only worked for NSS so far

I think they're great, but I just wish they'd have more places for me to shop
Go to Top of Page

Nancy T.
Contributor

CO
USA
80 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  07:36:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone know what kind of shop is shown as "gore-tex" or "in-store gloves" on their prospect list? It seems kind of silly to ask for a shop and not know ANYTHING about it. Not only do they not tell you what it pays or what the reporting requirements are, they don't tell you the very basic info like what kind of store it is or what you will be doing. I've done a couple of bonused tire shops for them - very simple report, but I still wouldn't do it for $7. Now I'd like to know if I'm buying and returning welding gloves, or trying on men's dress gloves or golf gloves or ski gloves.

Confused in Colorado

Nancy T.

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50245 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  11:43:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Nancy, you need to ask about the product but do not need to purchase anything. I believe it is a sporting goods store.
Go to Top of Page

LadyMiller

Newark, OH
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  10:34:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
National Shopping Service now lists a shop know as REDBOX (not the name of the store). They have some in my local area. But no details. Anyone done one of these? What's involved?

Silver certified in Ohio
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  11:27:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have stayed away from the box ones. You have to go and check a movie dispenser, in fast food places most of the time, for certain titles. Then you take a picture (I think). Then you have to go around the neighborhood in a X miles radius to see if there are other video renting places. And if there are, you need to go in and document if they have the previously said title readily available... So it's a shop and an undisclosed number of competitor shops all in one, all for a fee that would not allow you to feed two hungry people at the fast food place you were at to begin with...
But you might want to call them, as after all this might not sound too bad to you
As for the gloves one, it is a two to three interactions shop (depending on whether it's a "specialty" store or a big sporting goods store) and you inquire about gloves, shoes and a jacket.
To be fair, the forms are so short and easy, it's a shame!

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

ChrisT
Star Contributor

USA
1513 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  11:46:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lady,

I would edit your post and take out XXXX; you never want to mention client names here

Edited: Didn't notice...doh! Though since I didn't mention who was doing XXXXXX I don't believe I violated my

ChrisT
Deliriously Happy Shopping Uncertifiable
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  11:49:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisT

Lady,

I would edit your post and take out XXXXXX; you never want to mention client names here

And yet you did so in your own post!!!!

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

Aimee G
Star Contributor

USA
575 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  12:38:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have mixed feelings about this MSC. This was the first company I shopped for, and it was almost by accident. Somehow, I actually got the instructions for a shop before accepting it. Anyway, it involved doing unseemly things to a pizza. Little did I know; I thought it was a hoax. When I began to get a sneaking suspicioun that it was real, I took it out of my prospects. Then the scheduler called me and asked me to do it. I agreed and it was much easier than expected, and the pizza, while lacking all dignity and respect once I was done with it, still tasted pretty good.

So, I thought I'd shop for them again, but the second time I couldn't find any details about any shops. I think the first time was a fluke. Anyway, I put some things in my prospects just to see what would happen. I got an email from a scheduler, telling me to let him know if I wanted a certain shop and it would be assigned to me. I didn't recognize the name of the place, but I had cleverly done a google search, and *knew* that I would be going to some sort of upscale beauty salon. Ha! In the first place, I emailed the scheduler and never heard anything back. After a few days I called them, and somehow, before I was off the phone I had accepted this shop, without knowing boo about what was involved. Imagine my surprise to get the paperwork and discover that I would be traveling to a DRUGSTORE and counting items! I had never heard of an audit... at least not one that didn't involve the IRS, so I didn't know what to make of this. I was still thinking in terms of mystery shop, and the instructions didn't say whether it was OK to be seen, or if I needed to be furtively sneaking around peeking at the bottom of all the hairspray bottles while trying to look normal! I was afraid I would be arrested for a thief! I called the scheduler, and he wouldn't come to the phone... told the person who had answered the phone to tell me to READ THE INSTRUCTIONS! I said well I did read the instructions and that's why I'm calling! I got him to give me a second hand answer, through her; he still wouldn't take my call. I did the shop and it paid peanuts. Or it would have, if I could have found some peanuts or anything else for under 50 cents!

Onto the third job for them. I accepted this job the same time as I accepted the second job, again not knowing what the pay was, although I at least knew what kind of store this one was. The shop wasn't bad, but the pay was low. And when I got home, the form was a little bit different from the form I was given before the shop. By this time I had become accustomed to the typical instruction not to include anything that might be offensive in employee descriptions. So I was somewhat taken aback to discover that I was supposed to give the employee's weight. Not build... small, medium, large... or even a range, such as "between 120 and 150 lbs.... nope. There was a drop down menu requiring me to choose an actual weight, in ten pound increments. Maybe it's just me, but I was distinctly uncomfortable with this.

Since then, I've done one more pizza shop, in which I was allowed to eat the pizza intact, but then the reimbursement didn't cover what I was required to order.

On the upside, the forms are fairly easy, requiring only a few brief comments, and I received a check right when I was supposed to. And all schedulers I've spoken to, except the one who declined to take my call, have been very friendly. Well, actually I've only spoken to one other one... but she was nice! Anyway, my opinion is they are OK to shop for if you like an adventure, but I won't accept another shop without knowing what I'm doing and how much I'm being paid. Since I don't like to just call up people asking questions about a shop before I have some idea from the website whether or not I'll like it, I expect my shopping for NSS will be rather limited.

Aimee
Go to Top of Page

Arch Stanton

New York, New York
USA
34 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  5:02:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have the absolute worst website of all MS companies--it takes 7 steps just to open the submit a report field and they take forever to decide if you will be assigned a shop. They never list shop fees either in their postings and you and their schedulers waste time regarding that question.

Arch
Go to Top of Page

JenniferE
Contributor

Texas
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  6:17:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did the pizza mutilation, but couldn't figure out where to upload the photos on the website. I must have spaced, because I found the directions later, after the fact. I emailed the scheduler, and tried to call, but got no answer (I did the shop on a Friday evening). Monday I was informed my shop was rejected because I hadn't done the photos. I explained and emailed the photos to them, but they still aren't paying me.

Poor little pizza suffered all that indignity for nothing! And like was mentioned earlier, when I saw the instructions I thought it was a joke, too.

It is very hard to see what a shop requires before accepting it, but I just emailed the scheduler and asked for the hair product audit shop. I'm glad I asked, because no way was I doing that for the money they offered.
Go to Top of Page

WLCross
Contributor

Northeast, NE
USA
88 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  8:38:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a shop on Nov. 4th and still have not been paid! I do not recommend this company at all. They are rude and annoying and then they don't pay!

Wendy
Go to Top of Page

Rita Collins
Star Contributor

Michiana, MI
USA
518 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2008 :  9:31:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They lost the Chinese FF. I can't find any non-mutilation pizza shops. They are becoming CORI-like with the ridiculously low fees for the work. There's no reason left to shop them.

Rita Collins
Shopping Michiana
Go to Top of Page

AnnaG

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  07:09:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have enjoyed this company- interestingly they were my first m/s job back in 2004! I didn't use them for a while because I got tired of the same ole shop and didn't want to get ID'd. Now I'm in a good rotation position with their pizza shop. I've done it so much I can almost do i blindfolded :) I haven't had problems with this shop and always get reimbursed for it just fine. My paychecks arrive on time- their site will tell you when you get it. The pizza shops have gone self assign. SOme shops you still have to call about or the pizza shops if you need to change the shop parameters (from delivery to carryout-which they allow when getting down to the wire) you still have to call. I think their shop form has gotten pretty easy (better than before when we had to email the pics!). So anyway, my
Go to Top of Page

GNovello
Valued Contributor

Framingham, MA
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  08:30:53 AM  Send GNovello an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

I work for this company from time to time and I have always gotten paid. I did some of those "sporting good" shops because they were here in town. I don't really like doing retail shops where you ask lots of questions and don't buy the product, so I took my wife who loves doing that.

Last year they had shops for a family restaurant chain here in New England. It was reimbursement only but I did all of them I could because I love the food!

They do things a little odd in that you have to request a job and then it may take a week or so for them to get back to you. Many times I had other things scheduled and I had to refuse.

Regards,
Guy Novello
Gold Certified
Full Time Shopper
Go to Top of Page

JenniferE
Contributor

Texas
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2008 :  06:39:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone seen any pizza shops from them recently? I did a few in early February but haven't seen them since.
Go to Top of Page

Val17

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2008 :  08:21:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have noticed another company has the pizza shops in my area.

they did just pick up a shop that I know was another company. :)
Go to Top of Page

Anni
Star Contributor

PA
USA
726 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2008 :  8:23:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What is their policy for paying for a shop that is permanently closed?
Go to Top of Page

Jen Ohio
Star Contributor

North Olmsted, Ohio
USA
285 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2008 :  01:47:53 AM  Send Jen Ohio an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anni,
In my experience with NSS I've came across two closed locations I was scheduled to complete. In both cases I was paid the full shop fee. Just call your scheduler and explain the situation, this is what I did and they were very nice about it. My scheduler had me complete the report using "no" answers on all questions and stating the location was closed in the narrative section. Good luck!

Finally Silver Certified!!
Shopping Northeast Ohio Full Time
Go to Top of Page

Carlota
Apprentice

Middleton, WI
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2008 :  5:39:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They still have the pizza shops in my area. I just did one in early April. This is one of my favorite shops. I can self-assign and usually take it as an opportunity to have pizza dinner for my two teens. Yes, I've done the "pizza mutilation" (does anyone know the purpose of that?), but my kids love the pizza just the same.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums