Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

AlohaMary
Contributor

Pace, Florida
USA
82 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2004 :  09:31:59 AM  Send AlohaMary an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if Outback Steakhouse is shopped? Thanks in advance.

We were dining at Outback last night and my husband asked if this chain was shopped, and if so I needed to find them and apply!

Silver Certified #kzbcvo
Proudly shopping the Pensacola, FL and Atlanta, GA areas....

ChrissyLou
Valued Contributor

IN
USA
116 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2004 :  09:41:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi AlohaMary,

Outback is one of my FAVORITE restaurants and I too searched for them on here. I finally emailed Outback and received a reply saying they didn't utilize mystery shoppers. Then, the next week, there was a job posting for them on one of my shopper sites! I took the shop but it was actually sponsored by a major soft drink company and was a reward shop. The form was the shortest and easiest ever but they only reimbursed for 1 entree with a very small shop fee.

I don't know if Outback told me the truth or not when they said they don't use MS'ers. I do know the shop I did was definately for the cola company and had very little if anything to do with the service, cleanliness or food quality at Outback.

In the meantime, I keep looking and hoping...

Chris

Shopping Central and Southern Indiana
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

KellyNY
Star Contributor

Long Island, New York
USA
630 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2004 :  09:45:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I remembered seeing this thread a while ago, it mentions Outback. I found it by searching for the term Outback in the entire message, not just the subject. Hope that helps!

http://forum.volition.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11423&SearchTerms=outback

Long Island, NY
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

KristyC

Birmingham, AL
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2004 :  11:03:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do know that they are shopped in Alabama. I have applied several times and have not gotten one. The one here is not an award shop. It is a reimbursement only but hey, it's Outback.

Kristy
Go to Top of Page

BevJH
Contributor

Palm Beach County, Florida
USA
81 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2004 :  07:54:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AlohaMary

Does anyone know if Outback Steakhouse is shopped?

Yes, OUTBACK is shopped. I just did a reward shop at one of their locations several weeks ago. I wonder why corporate said they weren't shopped?

Bev MSPA GOLD Certified -in Orlando-July, 04
Shopping, merchandising and using my Nikon for digital camera audits in Palm Beach County, FL and beyond.
Go to Top of Page

AShuman
Star Contributor

Gastonia, NC
USA
448 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2004 :  12:36:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My husband is a manager with the Outback Company, but not for the Outback restaurant - He works for Carrabba's Italian Grill (definitely worth checking out!). In his district, they have more of an internal auditing system. I do understand they are shopped by competitors, and by vendor companies.

Alison
MSPA Gold 2006
Shopping Greater Charlotte, Gastonia, and the Upstate of SC.
Go to Top of Page

.DougBaker
Inactive

Fort Collins, CO
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2004 :  12:01:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have seen an assignment but it was from a beverage vendor. So it was at the steak place but not paid for by the steak place.

So, the answer from the corporte office is correct. The observation about assignements is also correct.

Doug Baker
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  3:08:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just did an Outback shop this weekend- the first time it was ever offered to me. I could order anything I wanted, so I don't think it was for a soft drink shop, and it didn't state anything to make me think it was a competitor shop. I have done those before, too. Anyway, the reimbursement was very fair and we really enjoyed it!

Jan
Go to Top of Page

Bill Kapelli
Star Contributor

Kissimmee, FL
USA
278 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  3:50:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I conducted a reimbursement-only assignment at Outback in Findlay, OH, last night. Great meal, easy report!

Bill Kapelli
MSPA Gold Certified
Kissimmee [Metro Orlando], FL
Go to Top of Page

BonnieK.
Valued Contributor

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  4:41:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also shopped Outback Restaurant this past weekend. It was reimbursement only, no shopping fee. The amount was sufficient to cover 2 glasses of wine, not expensive wine, 2 dinners and appetizer or dessert. More food than I usual eat, though I do think I want over the reimbursement by 97 cents (I did order a more expensive wine).

Bonnie
MSPA SILVER
Go to Top of Page

LindaE
Valued Contributor

Billings, MT
USA
203 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  5:12:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are shopped in Montana---reimbursement only.

LindaE
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  7:16:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are self assigned shops and they are shopped in FL-reimbursement only.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

HeatherFish
Valued Contributor

PA
USA
122 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  8:22:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have seen them on one of the mystery shopping companies board, but only ones around 100 miles from me. I could literally walk to one. At the bottom of my plan, there is a walking trail, and it leads right to the shopping center where one is. It is probably around one mile from my house. I wouldn't even have to drive! But guess what? It has never been listed as one to shop. But this 100 mile away one is there every month. I don't understand. I am mad, because I LOVE Outback!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  10:37:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done Outback twice, both times with fee and reimbursement due to last minuteness (is that a word?)

Loved it!!

I don't see them posted, but have received calls when the MSC is stuck.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  04:24:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Bill K., What are you doing in my state, stealing my jobs!! Boy, you do get around!

Jan
Go to Top of Page

EliseWeav
Star Contributor

Boston, MA
USA
528 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  07:22:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Heather,

Keep checking their job board and you may see the location near you. Someone is probably picking it up before you see it. The one 100 miles away from you may be a hard to fill area and that's why it sits on the board. I never see the one in my area either, but I know they shop it. Someone just beats me to it every time.

Elise
Boston area, especially North Shore. Silver certified and shopping since 2004.
Go to Top of Page

Nelson

Toronto, Ontario
Canada
36 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  08:21:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are shopped in Canada though evidence seems to suggest that the shop results have not made it to the plate yet.
Go to Top of Page

Julie H.
Valued Contributor

MN
USA
146 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  11:53:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In my area, it's gone FAST! I got lucky a few months ago and snapped one up. I haven't seen it since - not sure if I'm just too slow or if there's a rotation requirement (or both).

Julie H.
MSPA Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

LaurelG

Lawrenceville, GA
USA
33 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  12:32:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The best way to get this shop is to subscribe to the daily e-mail of available jobs. That's how I was able to self assign the last 2 I did.

Laurel Grams
Mystery Shopper for Northeast Atlanta suburbs
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
673 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  12:45:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Great tip about getting email notification. I just checked my "Account Profile" and changed the setting so I will get notifications. I did not know that was an option. I have been getting the general notifications by email but they do not provide any details. This should be much more informative.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

LaurelG

Lawrenceville, GA
USA
33 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  1:03:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You're welcome! I found out about it on this board a couple of weeks ago. I had no idea they offered it. Its great and I have gotten a lot more shops because of it.

Laurel Grams
Mystery Shopper for Northeast Atlanta suburbs
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.59 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums