Previous Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

SaraZ

Phoenix, AZ
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2004 :  1:43:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Iím new to shopping and have successfully completed 30+ shops in the last few months. I searched for info on shopping and came across Cathyís book that I purchased. (good website as well). The book was useful at a very basic level which I gather was its intention so for me it was useful as a first step.

The sort of nitty-gritty information I was looking for I found on Volition.com . The real life attitudes and opinions of real life shoppers expressed on volition was a steep but very interesting learning curve for me. I thoroughly enjoy hearing about peopleís experiences whilst shopping, the good, the bad, and the ugly. I use Volition as my one stop reference guide for my mystery shopping Ďjobí. I donít know if Ray makes a living out of this, or too much history about the site, but hands-down itís a big winner.

My husband berates me because I spend so much time online at volition! But will be the first to laugh/be shocked when I recount other peopleís horrendous experiences. So far I havenít had any bad experiences myself but Iím more prepared for them having read the volition forum.

Thanks Ray!

"Freedom is having no worries"
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

ArielM

Tampa, FL
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2007 :  12:56:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Harry J

It's not specific to mystery shopping narratives, but anyone interested in improving their writing generally should check out Strunk & White's "Elements of Style." "White" is E.B. White of "Charlotte's Web" fame. The book is partly a guide to grammar and usage, but also includes great sections on tightening up one's writing style in order to write clearly, consisely, and interestingly.

I second (er, third?) this. My freshman English professor in college suggested it, and I've kept it.

I bought Cathy's book at the Tampa workshop recently. I got a nice autographed copy that I can't say I've read yet. I think I was just feeling generous. I've been too busy shopping to read!! =)
Go to Top of Page

Mazie
Star Contributor

Forest Grove, OR
USA
468 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2007 :  09:46:23 AM  Visit Mazie's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I enjoyed Cathy's book. I got it at my Gold certification workshop after I had been shopping for over a year already, so there wasn't a lot of new information for me. I did find that there were some tips that helped me become more efficient though, and I liked the forms that she included as ideas for record keeping.

Gold Certified shopper, editor, editor trainer.
Shopping the Portland Metro area, willing to travel.
Go to Top of Page

Sandy_C
Apprentice

Cambridge, MA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2008 :  3:13:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I receive her emails. I think most of it is common sense. Don't waste your money on the book and just start shopping.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Get Active!

Have you posted something helpful today?

Previous Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ģ Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums