Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

Sambax

Myrtle Beach, SC
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2004 :  05:01:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have any information on this company?

Samantha

Dave Lambert
Apprentice

St. Louis, MO
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2004 :  08:32:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for Advantage the past 3 years, and fully expect to retire with them! They are a great outfit to work for, pay very well, use the latest technology in the field, and are in everything from mass to C-stores. Their client base is HUGE, and growing all the time! They offer all the benefits, including 401K and great insurance. If you can get on with them, I urge you to do so!

Dave Lambert
Go to Top of Page

SarahME
Contributor

Maine
USA
67 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2005 :  4:04:04 PM  Send SarahME an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have an opportunity to join them and just wondering if anyone else has info about them?
sarah

Merchandising/MSing Maine, New Hamshire area.
Go to Top of Page

JenniferM

Fox Lake, IL
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2005 :  2:57:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have an interview on Monday with this company, so if anyone has any info...please share. I can tell you one thing, their benefits are better than my corporate office job. I'm already intrigued.

Silver Certified aoh2b3
Shopping Northern Illinois (Lake, Cook, Boone and McHenry counties) and Southeast Wisconsin.
Go to Top of Page

Jenn Chavis

Las Vegas, Nevada
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2005 :  7:35:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I currently work for ASM. I love it. I work in the Pepsico DRT grocery division. Insurance is wonderful. Vehicle maintainence and benefits are great. My managers have been very helpful and come to town often to go through my route and assist in further training. I am out and about during the day and am free to create my own route. I would highly recommend anyone to work for ASM.

JennC
Go to Top of Page

JenniferM

Fox Lake, IL
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2005 :  04:18:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure that ICA's are involved here. Advantage hires most as employees. I don't know if they use independent contractors at all.

Silver Certified aoh2b3
Shopping Northern Illinois (Lake, Cook, Boone and McHenry counties) and Southeast Wisconsin.
Go to Top of Page

KaySFbay
Star Contributor

Redwood City, California
USA
316 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2005 :  09:41:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JenniferM

Advantage hires most as employees. I don't know if they use independent contractors at all.
That's a good point that maybe most non-merchandiser people are not aware of. I just took an employee part-time position with a major accessories manufacturer who doesn't use ICs.

I also do work on an ongoing basis with another major merchandising firm that doesn't require me to keep client names confidential.

Kay
Go to Top of Page

Trish
Contributor

Frankfort, Ohio
USA
65 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2005 :  1:44:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have just applied for a position for this company and now I am reading great things baout them, can I get an update please???

Trish
Go to Top of Page

KimG
Star Contributor

Orlando, FL
USA
628 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  6:09:35 PM  Send KimG an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have an interview Thursday with their grocery division. So far, the response looks positive. Any new info?

Kim
silver certified njtwnf
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth36
Star Contributor

Greenville, NC
USA
566 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2006 :  11:01:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got a call for this company to work doing wall to wall resets in a grocery store. Does anyone have any recent feedback? KimG did you get the job in December?

Thanks!

Elizabeth
Shopping Greenville NC and surrounding areas!
I WANT MORE MERCHANDISING WORK! Call me, ok?
Go to Top of Page

MGroth
Apprentice

Waco, TX
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  6:17:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My husband has gone back to college (for computer networking of all things) and works part-time for ASM... they seem great. You make your own routes, are paid a decent hourly rate and get a per-deim for every day you work (of course, we are in TX and I don't know that all their divisions pay the same way). He makes a great deal of money for only working 78 hours a month. They pay via direct deposit, and when they have regional meetings, you are paid your hourly rate for drive time + the per-deim money and your hourly rate to sit through the meetings.
Lead: He also merchandises for SSG (Store Services Group); they service Lowe's. He only works about 48 hours a month total, plus milage pay - does pretty well there also.
If they want you - go! I don't think you'll regret it.

M. Groth

Miranda
Go to Top of Page

CETillman
Valued Contributor

LA
USA
162 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2006 :  8:38:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm so glad to read nothing but positive feedback about this company since I have an opportunity to join them! The pay does seem to be great as well as the stipends offered I look so forward to working with them. Thanks Volition and members for a great find, the feedback on this site is amazing and so rewarding.

Cheryl Tillman
Go to Top of Page

CETillman
Valued Contributor

LA
USA
162 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  10:39:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CETillman

I'm so glad to read nothing but positive feedback about this company since I have an opportunity to join them! The pay does seem to be great as well as the stipends offered I look so forward to working with them. Thanks Volition and members for a great find, the feedback on this site is amazing and so rewarding.

Well Yipee!!! I have gotten hired on by them and my Supervisor seems to be a great person, has always responded to post timely and great personality with it. I start next week!!

Cheryl Tillman
Go to Top of Page

TaraD

NY
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2006 :  11:01:12 AM  Visit TaraD's Homepage  Send TaraD an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just an FYI for those seeking employment with Advantage Sales & Marketing, if you have more than one speeding ticket on your license, do not bother applying.

While the company has been in business a long time and has earned the respect of many merchandisers (myself included), I must speak up about their MVR driver's license policy.

I received three separate offers from three different managers in this company to work for them and was seriously considering at least two of them but I cannot work for them because of this policy. The reason being is that ASM has an internal point scale on the types of violations that can be on a driver's license. It doesn't matter what DMV's points are.

So if you have two speeding tickets like me, you would incur six of their internal points which puts you over their five point maximum. The company does not allow the applicant to take a defensive driving course to rectify this issue and the only "recourse" an applicant in this situation has is to try and fight it out with their state's DMV or the screening company which provided the MVR to ASM.

My state, NY, does not remove violations off licenses until January 1st of the FOURTH year following the conviction date. So if you got a ticket in Jan of 2004, weren't convicted of this until September of 2005, the violation does not get removed off your license until January 1 2009.

In my situation I cannot work for ASM until January 2nd 2009 and I'm very angry over it because this is an outstanding company to work for. The benefits are above the norm and the management I have spoken with are wonderful.

My other issue with this policy is that I feel it is unnecessary as I do for any other company that does these driver's license "checks". It is one thing to require an employee have a clean license if they are driving a company car for them but this is not the case with ASM. You are driving your own car, not theirs.

So, that's that.

As for the company themselves, I have heard nothing but good things about them and cannot say enough good things about them myself as I have known about them for some time and only tried to apply to them recently as opposed to in previous years. Hindsight says I should have. They only instituted this policy recently and so those of you who are interested in them know, the MVR checks are done every six months even when you are employed.

If you get two speeding tickets in that time ASM does allow you to take a driving course to maintain employment but they don't allow that for applicants.

It makes little sense.

MSPA Silver Certified: eocbu4
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  11:44:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
TaraD. stay clean with your driving.....2009 will come sooner than you think....It's like me waiting to pay off child support with my income taxes a few years since I worked very little. My credit is great now since it was paid off...It took at least 7 years for total bills to clear. Things are great now, as they will be with you....If you don't get any more driving tickets....Kept it clean.

For some reason having a bad credit check is not good in getting a new job. Does any one know why? Bad credit check....NO JOB???

This company just posted jobs for my area.
Mary

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  11:50:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What is ...per-deim money...for every day you work? Please.
Mary

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

HeatherShops
Star Contributor

Lake Placid, NY
USA
277 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2006 :  4:17:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got a phone call to start working for Advantage maybe in January 07! I am totally excited especially after reading the posts here at V!!
Go to Top of Page

D. Snider
Trainee

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  06:52:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have noticed this company has tons of openings listed. Does anyone know if they have picked up alot more work or having a turn over of reps?

Thanks,
Go to Top of Page

MGroth
Apprentice

Waco, TX
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2006 :  08:17:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I posted in March of '06 about ASM... just wanted to let you all know that my husband still works for them, still likes it and now I am starting with them (in a different division: the DRT division) in January. My DM seems very accommodating and friendly.
I have a clean driving record, so that wasn't an issue for me.

As far as turnover, I know from some of the meetings my husband has attended that ASM has people that don't actually do the work. They are "pencil-whipping" it and getting caught/let-go. The job isn't hard (my main objectives are secondary position selling and making sure the product is full/stocked in those secondary positions). I was told that I won't do re-sets or fill the main stock areas. I will have to ensure pallet placement of seasonal product, and vying for coveted placement on the shelves. It's basically a selling and following up job.
My husband’s duties are basically the same, just with different product.

This company has major contracts with big companies and they pay well for a job done right. The scheduling is flexible, and you are "your own boss"... which requires self-starters. If you are looking for a career, this is for you.
Good luck if you are trying for a position, again I don't think you will regret it.

Miranda
Go to Top of Page

KimHarris
Valued Contributor

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  3:36:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just started in the chain store division. Anyone out there doing this? Would like some feedback.

Kim
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Allen

Sheffield, AL
USA
16 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  06:12:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Advice to all going there...from someone who has already been there---DO NOT quit a good job to go to Advantage!!! I did, and sorely regretted it. Yes, the per diem money is great, IF you can collect it on time. We didn't actually collect per diem monies for about 2 months, at least(i.e., July, August, And September money arrived in mid-October!!) This happened more that once.
I think it depends on the boss you get, and what area of the country you reside in.
I merchandise for a living, this is how my bills get paid. My creditors would not wait 3 months for a payment. We actually BORROWED money to get TO work many times, and had no food money when we got there! Tip: Be sure you choose a good hotel, who has a hot breakfast, that may be the only meal you have all day. AND, don't bother with their insurance program, it doesn't pay what it says it will, we have medical bills out the yazoo that STARBRIDGE did not pay.
We just recently terminated our employment with them to go third-party again. This third-party company (Work Smart)pays every week, and on time. They pay more money per day, so as to include your hotel, food, and gas. The only catch is that we will have to pay taxes in every 3 months as an I.C., a small detriment after all we went thru trying to collect per diem from Advantage.
I am sorry to be so harsh, but my financial life slid down-hill drastically while I was with Advantage. I hope all of you out there who are thinking about employment with them will ask some questions of their supervisor, and ask for other employee's names and numbers, so that you can check and see if they have had any problems. It is possible that it is a matter of who you work for, and what territory.
Also, be advised, that Advantage does some work without a planogram, be sure you take good notes, or have an exceptionally good memory, and even then, each store is different, each store manager will want it set differently.
GOOD LUCK!

Sharon S. Allen
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums