Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2010 :  3:57:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
All of the project merchandisers are assigned and reported on Naturalinsights, not sure about the dedicated team. At the time I applied it was RMX and I heard back right away. My husband applied recently through asmnet, but hasn't heard anything.
I also just received my health care packet from Starbridge and am happy that I am able to get it. Last year we had to work 1000 hours to qualify, but that was when it was RMX, I'm not sure about Advantage, but I do know they had quite a bit of work last year.

Karito
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1688 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2010 :  07:34:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I see a job on RMX dashboard to do a battery reset and it states it pays hourly rate. What is that? I want to take it if it pays $11 an hour. Most of their jobs pay that. Does anyone know?
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2010 :  09:35:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
most of my assignments are "all inclusive" but I think hourly is $11 at least in my area.

Karito
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2010 :  4:49:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well i completed 1 cycle of 4 weeks of work. Lots of driving but i don't mind. The paycheck is great to have especially during this recession.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2010 :  5:18:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kelly,
So glad to hear that you like your job. Yes it is nice to have steady work with so many without jobs.

Karito
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2010 :  05:48:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did anyone receive the mail out for the Wrigley project? I have 12 stores past due, the DM won't reply. I also have 12 coming up in March.
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2010 :  08:34:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maralyn I received the shipment about 3 weeks ago. I assume you are talking about the project that ended 2/19, as another one is coming up in March. They have re-assigned DM's maybe that is the reason for no response.
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2010 :  10:30:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Dawn,

Did I miss a e-mail telling us that they had changed, or did they tell people.

I don't do alot of work for ASM, and it has been several weeks since I had any contact, ever tho, I had about 30 projects to complete, mostly the Wrigley stuff and a few things in WM.
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2010 :  7:18:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, I received my Wrigley materials weeks ago as well. I am waiting for my materials for March now.

Karito
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2010 :  05:42:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Got a e-mail late yesterday from a new DM, everyone did not receive the materials, and she told me just to unschedule all of the Wrigley.
Talked with a guy who is in another town about 20 miles from me and the same thing happen to him.
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2010 :  6:17:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My new nametag came today, so now I can wear the Advantage badge. People always look at me funny when I say I'm from Advantage and have on a RMX badge.
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2010 :  7:54:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received my new badge too! So glad no longer having to deal with badge and paper work with different company name. Luckily, most of the managers are use to seeing me and don't pay much attention...except for what I'm there to do.
Go to Top of Page

DavidCar
Valued Contributor

Charlotte, North Carolina
USA
114 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  03:02:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was starting to wonder about the badges. It's been 5-6 months since the announcement of the new badge? I will look for my badge this week.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2010 :  8:25:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For all of you that have worked for Advantage full time on the dedicated team for years,have you ever gotten a pay raise in the last year or so? I was asked this by several people who are applying to work with Advantage and i was told by the person who hired me that we will never get a pay raise,what you are hired at is what you will get forever. No problems so far i love the job that i'm doing these last 2 months.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  8:53:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
KaritoWa,now i know why i didn't find you down in the chehalis store when you had checked in before me. I was looking for an Advantage name tag.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2010 :  07:49:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly F.

KaritoWa,now i know why i didn't find you down in the chehalis store when you had checked in before me. I was looking for an Advantage name tag.

Oh, we were in the store at the same time? darn it...well now that I have my Advantage badge feel free to say hi if you see me, I try to pick up all the project work down here, but you know how that goes, lol.
Go to Top of Page

Stella41
Contributor

Pacific Northwest
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2010 :  2:44:54 PM  Visit Stella41's Homepage  Send Stella41 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes. One of my monthly projects had a slight increase, a few months back.
Go to Top of Page

SHale

Marietta, GA
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2010 :  9:51:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
As a newbie to Merchandising which position would you recommend I apply for from this list:

Retail Sales Merchandiser
Retail Reset Merchandiser
Retail Project Merchandiser

Serena
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2010 :  10:19:20 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Each has its advantages and disadvantages.

Retail Sales Merchandiser - How good are you at moving the merchandise? Depending on the company, you have to convince the store they need more of what you are selling. You are pitching for more display space for your company or products. Instead of 3 items across, the store would benefit by having 6 rows across to increase visibility. The store would benefit by placing a special display on an endcap or parking a corrugate near the register. Your product is eye-catching and deserves space in the checkout endcap. You are promoting your products advertising and getting the store to tie in.

Retail Reset Merchandiser can be a few hours or a few days. I go into an office supply company about every 10-12 weeks. I do the product change out and rearrange the stock and cut in new to the store items according to a new POG. One company is my client. I'm done in a few hours ‘til next time. I do it solo. Slightly larger footage of the same product line can use a husband/wife team for example.
In other companies offering reset work, they form teams that deal with resetting a whole department. (Lamps - cosmetics - hardware) They can be a single night or several nights for some of the better established home improvement stores. Such work is not restricted to those stores.

Retail Project Merchandiser is a term that (depending on the hiring company) can be either of what I described or be just that ... a set major project for an entire store or chain. Usually that is done in teams. I signed up for a 10 week one store project. It ran 4 teams 40 hours a week. I just received an offer from Advantage for the same concept at a better hourly pay for a different store chain. Unfortunately, it was a check my feet could not cash. I had to resign from the project in the third week. I was a few weeks healing and am not totally back to where I started in terms of my feet. Therefore, as much as I like the most recent offer on better terms, I cannot accept it for fear of my feet giving out again.
==========
Personally - I like small projects that can be as long as a day, but are usually a few hours or less. I recently had a few that were less than 15 minutes. That's when you have to be sure there is a minimum pay. Imagine my surprise when I was paid a prorated portion of my hourly rate per store. Another company said we contracted with you. File your paperwork and you will be paid the flat rate agreed. Just a word of caution. Make sure you have a clear understanding of the project terms.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

AnnCamp
Contributor

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2010 :  1:01:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Like SHale, I am also new at this. In these 3 categories that you've described can you choose which projects you want to do? For instance, if a project is just too far away or the hours aren't a fit with your schedule, can you decline and wait for a better assignment? I'm asking because it's hard to understand exactly what you're signing up for at Advantage. Other companies seem to have more detailed descriptions for each assignment.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums