Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

TVaughn
Contributor

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2010 :  06:17:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
SGibbs, can you share witht the rest of us?

Terri
Go to Top of Page

TVaughn
Contributor

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2010 :  06:19:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
SGibbs, can you share witht the rest of us?

Terri
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
562 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2010 :  06:50:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For me they gave us .363 per mile. But my state (WA) gives .50 per mile according to my tax accountant. Some have said you can get the differance by giving your miles to your tax guy but mine says no. So maybe you should call you tax accountant to find out for sure. My last day is tomorrow. Know my DM was not happy but i'm lossing over a day a week (meaning i work 1 day free)to the new mileage system. Plus they use their map system and they don't count the first and last 20 miles each way. Loved what i did and the managers at each store but i can't rack up that many miles on my car and work for free at the same time. I'll have to reread whats on the news page again. Did notice for our division there were some changes coming.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Stella41
Contributor

Pacific Northwest
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2010 :  2:08:35 PM  Visit Stella41's Homepage  Send Stella41 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Advantage is the old RMX. My suprv/ said they were switching names and we would get new names tags. I did get a new name tag it has been awhile now. I really do not care for the new jet deal unless I go to the public library.. it works much better there.
Go to Top of Page

Stella41
Contributor

Pacific Northwest
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2010 :  2:10:09 PM  Visit Stella41's Homepage  Send Stella41 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Advantage is the old RMX. My suprv/ said they were switching names and we would get new names tags. I did get a new name tag it has been awhile now.

I really do not care for the new jet deal unless I go to the public library.. it works much better there.
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2010 :  8:16:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly F.

I'll have to reread whats on the news page again. Did notice for our division there were some changes coming.

What news page are you talking about Kelly?
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
562 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2010 :  8:47:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For those on the mars team they have a news page with alot of links on the left side where we have to go to check our mileage,hours,benefits info etc. They have all the news that would affect the mars team. It's on asmconnects for us. Example: there is a new ceo for the canadian division,Executive Vice President Milt Dobson has stepped down. Another is: New President and Chief Operating Officer Tanya Domier. Another is:
Campaigners and Marketration have merged their resources to operate as one division providing Field Events and In-Store services under Integrated Marketing Services.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

KristieLeigh

Felton, DE
USA
45 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2010 :  11:35:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if Advantage is still servicing Millstone coffee in stores?

Thanks!
Kristie

Kristie Leigh
Go to Top of Page

Lisa1961
Contributor

Tupelo, MS
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2010 :  3:21:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes Kristie. Advantage is still servicing Millstone coffee.

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2010 :  7:36:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
OK, this maybe a minor issue with JET but it drives me crazy...is it happening to anyone else. When I report the time on a project the numbers change, say I put 11:05 pm it jumps to 11:06. When I report admin time it jumps to a later time then it is & I can't change it back. So I actually have to sit and wait for that time to complete report. I have tried IE/Foxfire/Chrome all with the same results.
Go to Top of Page

DavidCar
Valued Contributor

Charlotte, North Carolina
USA
114 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2010 :  01:53:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have the system set up in 3 minute increments: 11:00, 11:03, 11:06 so if you had a 1 hour store visit from 11:05 to 12:05, it's not a big deal to click on 11:06 to 12:06.
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2010 :  08:18:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kelly,

Always sad to see a Merchandiser leave a company and a Team they are happy with.

Please understand that EVERY company now does the "UPS" routing system. Which yes results in a bit of Mileage loss. However. The 20 miles to and from rule is for your Benefit.

The reason behind that rule is so Advantage can pay you without Taxes for the mileage. You actually make more money this way. I know that sounds dumb, but when you look at it professionally you do.

At 36 Cents a mile, Advantage is paying the Highest I have seen yet. When I used to work for Advantage I think it was 36 Cents up to 1,000 miles and then 10 Cents a mile after that. However I drove the same Mileage as you or more a month. If you contact Fleet services and get your Manager involved that rule can be changed easily.

As far as Washington State giving any money for Mileage that's incorrect. No states give anyone Mileage credit in anyway. The Credit is given by the IRS on your taxes, and that is given as a deduction only. And its Currently .51 Cents a mile. It tends to change from year to year. So yes if you are Itemizing on your taxes it could be a good thing. You would need to prove the Mileage, by a LOG of some sort.

I do hear you on the Mileage though. It does do alot of wear and tear on your car. What I did is buy a Beater car for $500 bucks. I keep it Maintained. And then for bad weather days I have the New car with 4WD. Yes I understand not everyone can do this. But 2-3,000 miles a Month is not uncommon. I have a Rep working for me right now, Actually lives in WA, and drives 5,000 miles on Average.

Now as far as your route, you understand you get paid After the first 20 miles. And you get paid drive Time and Mileage BETWEEN stores correct? I just gave you a big hint there. If you want send me a PM, and I can tell you all about that in private.

In this Economy It's rough out there. But I do wish you the best of luck. If you want to PM me I will be more then happy to give to some tips using mileage and routing.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Stella41
Contributor

Pacific Northwest
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2010 :  09:23:26 AM  Visit Stella41's Homepage  Send Stella41 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, and I am not sure what to think of it. The rule is the times must match on the call report and on line. mine always equals so many minutes short, all the lost minutes do add up... FOR them.

Right??
quote:
Originally posted by DChristine

OK, this maybe a minor issue with JET but it drives me crazy...is it happening to anyone else. When I report the time on a project the numbers change, say I put 11:05 pm it jumps to 11:06. When I report admin time it jumps to a later time then it is & I can't change it back. So I actually have to sit and wait for that time to complete report. I have tried IE/Foxfire/Chrome all with the same results.

Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  7:14:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received an email stating that they are combining the Project Team and the Reset Team. We were supposed to send in our available skills and agree to auto assignments which they would automatically assign to us or stick with pick and choose from the dashboard as always. Seems like if we continue as we were, some of the jobs will have already been assigned and not available on the dash.
Go to Top of Page

Bert M
Contributor

Sharpsburg, MD
USA
98 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2010 :  4:26:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My last two jobs paid the full .51-.56 a mile (depending on which year) But then maybe that is why the positions were eliminated or the programs went under. Can't show a profit if the reps are making more in gas money that wages.
Side note, thanks to all who tried to help me print call reports off of JET. It turned out that we had never installed Adobe on the new Mac. And Mac is set up very differently from the PC's IE. Point of info for others who are also new to Mac- we need to "tell" the system what program we want to open the call report with. One more step in an already cumbersome acceptance process

Roberta
Go to Top of Page

Judith S
Trainee

Pikeville, KY
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2010 :  7:55:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kelly,

Maybe you presented this information to your “tax guy” in a way that he did not understand. If you itemize your taxes, you show how many miles you traveled times that year’s allowance per mile, then show how much you were reimbursed. The difference is tax deductable.
As merchandisers, we need to take advantage of every allowable tax deduction. If you go to www.irs.gov you can get lots of information on deductions.

One of our largest legal deductions is a home office. Check out IRS Publication 587 “Business Use of Your Home”. You can see that even though non-tax people may advise you against this deduction, you are eligible for this deduction. We use our homes to store product and POP before we take it into the stores, we use our computers to get our jobs, and then to report them, and our employers do not provide us a place to work. If you have a room set aside for this, then it is tax deductable.

All your business furniture, computers, printers, printer paper & ink, cameras, camera batteries, and camera memory cards, just to name a few things, are tax deductable. Then look at what is deductable for your home office. To start with, take a percentage of the electric, phone bill, garbage, water & sewage, and property taxes.

Of course, do not take my word for it. Always consult your tax professional.

Good luck in your future merchandising endeavors.

Judith Adkins-Spears, MSPA Gold - Video Shopper Certified - Author
"Success is simple. Do what’s right, the right way, at the right time."
~Arnold H. Glasgow
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
562 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  8:43:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did anyone else get a legal notice for a class action lawsuit against Advantage? Or is it just a few around here? This is unusual.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Valerie

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  9:22:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No notice for a lawsuit but the Mars/Wrigley team all lost our jobs today. Officially, on 1/28 but the cylce ends 12/25 so I don't know what we'll be doing till then.

Valerie
Go to Top of Page

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2010 :  11:39:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did they lose account?

Michael
Go to Top of Page

Bert M
Contributor

Sharpsburg, MD
USA
98 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2010 :  4:51:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Need a little help from the East Coast project people.
I was hired in July and my field supervisor was a Michael something...for about a week.
The end of July I got an email from Kimberly out on the west coast informing us that she was the temp covering the mid Atlantic states.
In the past 2 weeks I have emailed her several times concerning missing ircs for a project due Friday, the first email sent 10 days ago was not answered. Emailed again over the weekend, which she responded with "I don't cover Maryland"
Does anyone out there know who the Field super is for Maryland. And can I get an email address, so I can let him/her know why this project cannot be completed.
Thanks in advance..and I guess we will all heave a collective sign when the holidays are done.
Roberta

Roberta
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums