Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

KimHarris
Valued Contributor

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  06:39:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My first check I got my per diem. Did this happen in the beginning with you? Who is the DM, so far mine has been super nice. What job was you on, how long did you work. Please give us the details. I was really excited and hoping this job was going to be one of the best. I dont want to work my self to death then get nothing in return.

Kim
Go to Top of Page

TeresaW
Contributor

Pace, FL
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  06:42:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How lond did you work for them? what division did you work? and thanks for the information!

Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Allen

Sheffield, AL
USA
16 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  09:21:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked in the AL, GA, MS, TN, and yes, in Milton, FL one week!
I started with the company in July, my B/F since JAN '06, he had no problem getting his meal per diem, until he changed teams, and helped to get me hired on (I was SO excited, I had always considered Advantage to be the BEST company in the field!!!)so that we could work together. Our new boss agreed, said it saved the company money to have a couple travel together. However, he did not put us on the same team for about a month, and seemed reluctant to do so then, contrary to what he had initially promised. This further drained our finances, which were walking a fine line as it was! I blew my son's motor in his car by taking it out for Advantage during this time of going separate ways.
The best thing you can do to collect expenses on time is:
#1-Learn to submit them on-line yourself. Have a fax machine in your home so that they won't 'lose' your hotel receipts! (I have my last receipt of $25 that they have lost TWICE now.)
2nd- IF your boss submits for you, make sure he/she receives and follow up on your receipts as soon as he/she receives them! Our boss 'sat' on our receipts for two and a half weeks, and I just happened to be on the phone with Concur, and the girl said, "Oh, I see there's someone on now entering yours"...it was our boss, entering the info he had received over 2 weeks ago!
Do I sound bitter? I should say so, we almost lost everything we have waiting on monies owed, and put down TWO cars. Not to mention the fact that I was SO happy to be hired by what I thought was the best company! What a let-down!
I won't say on this board who my boss was, he knows who he is, and I've already said so much bad against him. I am not sure whose fault it was that we were "working ourselves to death for nothing", but I know I'm not doing it again, for ANYBODY.
I am looking forward to going out this coming Sunday, even if it is a 12-hour drive, to go third-party again! The atmosphese is so much more relaxed, my bosses are so much nicer to work for, and there's a planogram, so it will be the same in each store, no more trying to please a manager who changes his mind more often than he changes his drawers.
Turning in my resignation with Advantage brought a HUGE sigh of relief, and it felt like a boulder had been lifted from my shoulders. It will be sooo good to enjoy my job again!!!
Good luck to all, watch your speed(yes, that IS the case!), and I hope you all have better luck that I did!
See ya on down the Road!

Sharon S. Allen
Go to Top of Page

TeresaW
Contributor

Pace, FL
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  09:29:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
my manager told me we had two ways of doing the motel. He could give me a lodging card and i will not have to pay anything out of my pocket or I could pay for it and get reimbursed.
I will not be doing any resets, or stocking. I have a large territory to cover and Im looking forward to it. they are easy one hour projects in grocery stores scanning a certain brand.
Im sorry you had such issues with this company hopefully it is an isolated case.

Teresa
Go to Top of Page

KimHarris
Valued Contributor

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2007 :  7:18:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also got a card, so when I travel I will not have to put the money for the room up front. I have loved this job so far. Both my checks have been more than I expected.

Kim
Go to Top of Page

TeresaW
Contributor

Pace, FL
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  7:50:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
thats a tuff guestion to answer as it would depend on which division you are hired for, and your experience.

Teresa
Go to Top of Page

BBailey

Lafayette, IN
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  05:37:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do all the jobs with this company involve
travel? Are there any jobs where you can
stay within your own city?

Thanks
Betty

Betty Bailey
Go to Top of Page

KimHarris
Valued Contributor

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  06:29:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I stay within my area.

Kim
Go to Top of Page

TeresaW
Contributor

Pace, FL
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2007 :  6:38:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think it depends on what areas and what divisions they are hiring for as to whether or not you stay in same town. I cover a large territory and will stay overnight one night a month for one section of my territory.

Teresa
Go to Top of Page

TeresaW
Contributor

Pace, FL
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2007 :  10:52:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone who presently works for advantage have their Starbridge insurance? Im tryng to decide on whether or not to take it. If its good insurance then I will if not I dont want to waste my money.

Teresa
Go to Top of Page

.SandyN
Inactive

Franklin, WI
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  8:35:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
is that what most of the jobs with this company are? selling secondary? I have NO success with that, and I don't like doing it either. I always ask the managers(when required for a job) if they want any extra endcaps, etc and the answer is always NO. They already have their areas planogrammed- its not like their are empty encaps laying around.

Sandy
Go to Top of Page

TeresaW
Contributor

Pace, FL
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2007 :  05:44:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
not exactly, my division (and Im very new) and I hope i explain this right. but I go in and scan my products. If there is a product missing from the shelf that my scanner says should be there then I go and find someone that can make me a label and if there is room Ill work the label onto the shelf so that when they order again they will see an empty hole and the product gets scanned and sent into the store. There are also new items, and mandatory items that sometimes I have to get labels for and if there is room on the shelf again I make room so it gets ordered when they order again. I also let them know of upcoming sales for a product so that they may want to order extra when they order so they dont run out during the sale.
So its not like Im going in and saying hey want to buy 25 cases of xyz? cause I couldnt do that either lol.

Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Kim Edmunds
Contributor

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  2:56:13 PM  Visit Kim Edmunds's Homepage  Send Kim Edmunds an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
My husband was offered and accepted employment with them about 3 years ago, turned in notice at his other job, and then the manager had his WIFE tell me to tell my husband that he had had to hire someone else, so sorry. The story unwound the a local discount store manager asked for a job for his wife...

The corporate office for Advantage said that it never happened.
Go to Top of Page

HeatherShops
Star Contributor

Lake Placid, NY
USA
277 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  5:12:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a total paycard and do not know how to get to transfer the funds to my checking. I work for Premium and they have the same Visa debit card which they load to pay us but at Premium we have a website and can login to my total paycard account.

How do I login to view the total paycard for Advantage?! TIA!
Go to Top of Page

RhondaTN
Contributor

Milan, TN
USA
82 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  6:46:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else heard what's going on with this company? I met a current Advantage rep in one of my stores and she told me there's all sorts of issues with them right now. Evidently, they have made some huge cuts.

Alot of full-time reps have been forced to go part-time and they no longer receive mileage and other compensations. I know alot of companies don't offer mileage, but they have some tremendous territories to cover.

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. The rep I spoke with is looking for something else because of the massive changes. I'm not certain if it is a regional issue or a company wide issue.

Rhonda
Silver Certified!!
Go to Top of Page

HeatherShops
Star Contributor

Lake Placid, NY
USA
277 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  05:47:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am still interested in getting to know how to unload the funds for the total paycard? With Premium we login to our account. Can someone help me with the total paycard Advantage has loaded for me?! TIA.
Go to Top of Page

CETillman
Valued Contributor

LA
USA
162 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2007 :  8:48:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Once you log in to the pay card site and have signed in then it will take you to the page that has where you can unload(bottom right)...They are pretty good with the instructions on there.

Cheryl Tillman
Go to Top of Page

Sheri_MI
Contributor

Bay City, MI
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  07:27:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have an interview next week with Advantage. Is there any new updates about this company?

Go to Top of Page

BernadetteBoyle
Apprentice

Newtown Square, PA
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  4:50:03 PM  Send BernadetteBoyle an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Careful though remember though insurance may be good you definitely pay a good amount from your check for it. If highest starting in your area is 12.00 it is going to make a dent. Suggest looking at NARMS insurance they are currently offering merchandisers. You may get less choices but depending what you need it may pan out to be a better deal/BB

Bernadette Boyle
Go to Top of Page

MRueger
Apprentice

New Lenox, IL
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2007 :  6:54:27 PM  Send MRueger an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do they offer maintainance coverage on your own vehicle? I was told about a gas card.

Monika
Experienced Merchandiser for 2 + ongoing years. MSPA Silver Certication xxdrxx - Shopping and merchandising Chicagoland IL
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums