Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2011 :  8:52:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I didn't know they changed our passwords. I did call yesterday and was given a new one. I had changed it online as instructed, but it didn't work. I'm sure that they have a few people in my area because I hardly ever see work anymore and I know that there is work out there.The work that shows up is always more than 50 miles from my home and not worth going for.
Go to Top of Page

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2011 :  5:36:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone getting any work from them?

Michael
Go to Top of Page

Stella41
Contributor

Pacific Northwest
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2011 :  6:33:08 PM  Visit Stella41's Homepage  Send Stella41 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ActorMichael

Is anyone getting any work from them?

NO. Well... I have 1 job on going and nothing ever 'much' shows up in opportunities anymore. I had 1 show up in my area in the last 3 mos. I am finding everything that does show up is WAY SOUTH of me/ stuff / areas that did not ever show before.( actually its the area of my supervisor!) I asked my super about the far south verses North east. No response. I even heard them saying they had too much work for 1 person in my area at one place... i have asked about it but didn't hear back. I say dang. I am reliable too. ... how ever you wouldn't know it I have so much trouble with silverlight(?) the evidence takes sooo long sometime i Have to go to bed to find it there still loading in the am... hence LATE.( I work late too) and the faxes...*#@% any one have a adverse experience with the faxes as well?

Anyway.... I guess my answer is NO.
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2011 :  1:50:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Nothing in my opportunities either. When there is something, it is not in my area and I won't drive 35+ miles for a $10 job.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2011 :  9:27:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I never realized until today how serious these lawyers are about this class action lawsuit against Advantage is(which i had totally forgotten about). I was doing a reset for another company today when a team member got a call to take a deposition for 10 minutes while they asked all sorts of questions about the previous work that was done for Advantage and how much time was "donated" on a weekly basis because you weren't suppose to go over 40 hours in a week,but you had to get all your work done,paper work,printing,driving etc. Wow i almost felt like i was in a court room and it was only the grocery aisle!!

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
514 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  05:39:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you stop to think about how much time is used to report projects, send photos, print reports.....yada-yada-yada, and all for $10.00 an hour......oh and don't forget free miles, drive time...it really does add up.

We have dropped a lot of companies for this fact.

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

MariaMia
Star Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
274 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  07:14:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have to agree. My time is also valuable and the (the companies) dont compensate for PC time, paperwork, and of course the drivetime which in S. Calif is horrendous.. I stopped taking jobs out of my 25 mile range for that reason. Not worth it until some compensation is added .. I know, dream on ! M
Go to Top of Page

KentB

Cordova, TN
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  07:32:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I must work in a different division of Advantage. I get paid for report entering (Admin time), as well as drive time, and get paid a reasonable amount for mileage. I'm not getting much work, but these added benefits is why I changed to Advantage.

KentB in Memphis
Go to Top of Page

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  10:09:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Most of the jobs they have are project pay; they do pay for entering data. But they do have jobs that pay by the hour and that includes drive time in between stores and mileage.

I work for the division that was RMX. I think that that the reset team is getting some jobs that use to be for the project team only.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  11:09:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also work for the former RMX division, which is project work. We are allowed to enter drive time and mileage and the admin time too. What I'm saying is that whereas before I would travel 50 or so miles away from home, but I would have 3-6 jobs to do each paying anywhere from $10-$15 sometimes more if hourly pay, plus claim the mileage and drive time. Now there are not any jobs available. It is not worth it to drive 50 miles for a $10 job even if they pay drive time and mileage. As Ic's we foot all the bills as far as wear and tear on our cars, more frequent oil changes, brakes etc. This adds up.
Since Advantage bought RMX we have had a drastic decrease in work, before I was turning down jobs because of the hours I was working, but since working for Advantage I have had to work with other companies and do some other non merchandising work, for lack of jobs available in my area.
I too believe that what used to be project work is being given to some of the teams to compensate for the work they have lost. It doesn't set pretty for those of us who have been dedicated project workers doing our assignments as well as taking assignments at the last minute when people bail out etc.
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
514 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  2:18:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
As ICs the key part is finding the right projects with good pay, a while back it was just find any projects (even with low pay) if there was enough work to make any kind of money.

We still have 1 company that we work for that is at $10 an hour but they have cut back service frequency so much that we may end up letting them go too.

Our other seasonal work is starting up again and it pays $17.50 a location, most times we get them done in about a 1/2 hr with two of us, we get 10 to 15 locations done a day and try to work 6 days a week.

Another company has us working twice a month on one project pays $25 a location, they give us other work at $15ea an hour and has just given us 9 more locations at $15ea an hr.

We just got approached for more work from another company and just waiting to see what it pays, it does involve paid travel and more perks, it's only for a couple of weeks but any time we work for this company we make good bucks $$.

The biggest thing when working as an IC is to plan, be flexible and never get discouraged and above all research any company you plan to work for.

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
784 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  2:37:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Mindy!!! How the heck do you find any jobs that pay like that? How are companies "approaching" you? I never ever see jobs paying anything like what you are getting from NARMS or from Shadow Shoppers. Care to tell us what companies and how to contact them to see if there is work in other areas for other people? Thanks for any help.
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
514 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  4:54:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Big Sue, we have been doing merchandising and resets for a long time, we have always completed our jobs and never walked away,our reports get done and we always keep in contact with our employers.

Hubby has worked for a lot of companies, when a company gets bought or closes doors the people we work for move on to other companies who in turn call us when they need help, and the cycle goes on.

As to finding the right companies and good pay it takes trial and error, the big thing is knowing your selling points and negotiating correctly, and knowing when it's time to say bye-bye, always do your best to keep doors open.

As to companies with good pay looking for people there may be an opening in Northern CA and Phoenix, AZ, the jobs are demanding which is why we do team work, there's a few other areas may be opening but hubby is just hanging tight till these conpanies hit the (employee reality wall) PEOPLE CAN'T WORK FOR FREE!

We have had some rough times getting to where we are but it has been worth it, we are empty nesters and can drop and roll anywhere we are needed, a big plus for all the companies we work for, also, when you send one you get a fully qualified team (we sometimes may need to use our daughter to help).

The more you can offer a company the better during negotiations, it also helps to live in CA, cost of living and getting around here stinks, we have more companies sending out E-mail blasts looking for ppl to cover stores we have dropped, we drive right by them doing other work, just can't pull off the freeway for ten bucks when there's 3 stores to do that will pay $75 for less work.

Any openings that happen hubby will send to ppl in the area, what happens after that is up to them.

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
784 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  10:35:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I live in So. Ca. Do you have the names and contact info for any of these companies? That's what I am really looking for. In other words, specifics and leads. I have been merchandising for many years, I am very experienced (I have done it all and in every retail venue out there) and I consider myself to be a quality employee. I also have a good merchandiser friend that I can team up with if needed.
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
514 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  06:29:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Big Sue, is it OK to E-mail you?

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
784 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2011 :  09:08:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, Mindy.Please do.
Go to Top of Page

Connie23

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2011 :  7:12:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've hardly gotten any projects from Advantage for some time now but today I had two projects for them. Problem is when I tried to enter my travel time, the store info isn't coming up in the default window. I'm told to add the store but I don't know how to do that. Any and all help is appreciated with that.
I got an email couple days ago saying my mileage was being increased but if I can't enter the mileage....it's a moot point!
Go to Top of Page

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2011 :  10:40:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Check out the tutorials; they are helpful. The mileage you do not enter; they calculate mileage for you

Michael
Go to Top of Page

Leilah
Contributor

Louisiana
USA
52 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2011 :  3:30:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am SO ticked off at ASM! Some "chick" who I do not know scheduled me for a job that I DID NOT AGREE to, and then the new DM calls me to say why didn't I do this job, when I had NO KNOWLEDGE that it was assigned to me without my approval.

I just quit with them because I will NOT be a pawn in their game to get "bodies" to fill locations at any expense.

I am sorry, but I do NOT play that game. Most of their jobs are an hour here or an hour there anyway and aren't worth the price of gas to there and their JET system stinks BIG TIME!

Leilah
Go to Top of Page

Connie23

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2011 :  1:57:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Would someone please tell me how to enter admin time? TIA
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums