Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  10:24:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No. But last night there was a skip request next to one of my assignments which I did not request; it was taken off in the morning.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  10:32:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That location was removed from me.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  08:48:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, mine suddenly reappeared this morning...hope it does the same for you, ActorMichael.
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  10:57:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I went to a major grocery chain store yesterday to do an assignment and they would not let me pack out any product and I was told that the employees were union and that I would be taking work away from a union member. Then I went to the same chain store in the next town who also have union employees and it wasn't a problem there. Thought that was strange.
Go to Top of Page

SAnne
Contributor

WA
USA
80 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2011 :  1:15:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Good reviews. I just finished all the online hiring documents. Getting a I-9 form signed these days in a real hassle. I am ready for an extra 10-12 hours a week! I see an indentation on the sofa where I have been sitting way too much!

MSPA silver certified!

Go to Top of Page

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2011 :  1:38:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone else having problems with faxing reports not going through?

Michael
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2011 :  5:28:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Retail Sales Merchandiser vs Retail Project Merchandiser. I work as a RPM and things are slow, but better then they were. They are hiring in my area for RSM. Any advice on whether I should ask to switch or not? I like what I do, just would like more work. Do RSM self assign on Natualinsight or is it assigned more steady work?
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2011 :  09:21:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For the retail sales merchandiser(at least when i worked for Advantage full time) hours are assigned to you. You didn't get to pick your hours,your manager does it for you and sets your schedule. hope that helps a little.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2011 :  11:27:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I guess that would be fine for full time. This is for part time and I wouldn't want them picking the days and time I have to work. I like the flexibility.
Go to Top of Page

TeriZoo41

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2011 :  12:26:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I live in S.Cal and applied for the sales merchandising position. Seems to be a huge turn over rate at this company can anybody tell me anything about them. Any info what managers are good and bad and what the comp is like and how much they pay.

Teri
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2011 :  05:23:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes it seems this year they let a massive amount of persons go. They cleaned house from top to bottom. I had three DSM's in one year. As in any sales related job they hire and fire at will. They do pay very timely. As far as who is good well just when you are getting used to someone their gone.

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  12:45:33 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
SAnne, have you taken the I-9 Form to you bank?? They usually have a notary public there who can take care of this at no charge.
Also, I was just hired part time, to work for Advantage this past week, and will start hopefully next week. I dont see how as I havent received the paperwork yet, drug test, or other things they require. Ill be on the WM channel team, I believe its called SuperFridg. Im told if I want more hours, I can also work with another lady on another team who works locally doing data collection. Im really looking forward to getting started.
Go to Top of Page

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  5:18:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think they over hired. There is much less work available to choose from.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

KentB

Cordova, TN
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2011 :  5:34:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I totally agree, ActorMichael. Same here in the Memphis area.

That SuperFridge project is a fun one. There are two shipments, one the size of a small freezer which is easy to find in the back room, and the other is nearly impossible to find unless there is a great receiving manager who remembers where it was put. Then there is the searching a sub-zero freezer for the product. Bring a jacket.

KentB in Tennessee
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2011 :  04:04:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There was a small company out of Ohio that was handling Super Fridge in 2006-2007. They had part of the project. I had 4 stores. I really liked it the pay was great. They sent me the signage directly. I miss this project. The company I worked for was covering just part of the midwest and had not won the contract on a permenant basics. This was one thing that was worth my while. It is interesting to know Advantage has it.

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  04:44:45 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
KentB, am I ever happy you brought that to my attention as there was no mention of working in the freezers. According to the job description. the work consists of placement of promotional materials and stock a small amount of product. The supplies package arrived the other day included an ice scrapper and a pair of brown work gloves. Hmm-a clue maybe..lol Start date has been set back a week as there was a glitch in the online acceptance of wage offer and filing of online information.Do they do drug tests? I havent received anything in the mail-yet.So far, everything has been done online in the onboard site. Since you mentioned working in the freezers, Im a bit hesitant as I am allegic to the cold! I break out in hives really bad all over my body! Imagine that living in WI!
Go to Top of Page

KentB

Cordova, TN
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  05:05:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Judy,

You only need a drug test if you are going to do work at a client that requires it. Most don't.

Ask one of the back room people which freezer has this product and then when you go in the freezer, you look for the box with their name on the outside. It only takes a couple minutes, about the time it takes to walk across the parking lot in WI (I used to be in MN).

The POP is the problem. They ship it separately in a very flat box that has the signs to be put on the freezer. I did find it two out of three times, all with the help of the staff.

KentB, now in warm country
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  05:58:42 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
KentB Thank you for the information. As far as I know right now, Ill have 6 WM stores within a 150 mile radius, and work Monday and Friday. Im to expect 30 hours a week, which Im sure includes drivetime.The furthest one is way north and the two way roads in the area get the nastiest in the winter. Of course, I was told I can go at the best time either the day before or after a storm. Im really hoping this winter isnt like the last one, as the roads were pretty much ice covered all winter from 18 miles N. of my home to the far north store 145 miles away. Guess Ill cross that bridge when it arrives.I really like the option to pick up more hours with another team, if I want local.
Go to Top of Page

Bert M
Valued Contributor

Sharpsburg, MD
USA
101 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  2:59:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Have any other RPMs lost all their WAlmart work for next week? Two full days worth of work has vanished from my dashboard, and I scheduled other small projects around them. Now am just left with driving all over for next to no work.

Roberta
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2011 :  3:11:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bert M

Have any other RPMs lost all their WAlmart work for next week? Two full days worth of work has vanished from my dashboard, and I scheduled other small projects around them. Now am just left with driving all over for next to no work.

ASM sent an email that they are working on them and they will disappear, but they will re-appear when they are done.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums