Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2012 :  08:45:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did anyone else have calls drop off the week of 2/6-2-10?

Michael
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
560 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2012 :  12:36:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Need to ask a question here. For those that pickup the superfridge assignments in the walmarts when it goes to saturdays do you have to go in EVERY Saturday each week in each one of the stores you do? Was asked if i wanted to start doing them but it was mentioned that coming up shortly there would be saturday calls assigned as well. Thanks in advance for any info.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

BrianHanson37
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2012 :  4:09:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Had a bunch of recalls, and was angry that I lost 4, but it ended up working to my advantage. I don't know how busy y'all are, but my manager has been keeping me very busy (20-30 hrs/wk) doing resets. I'm actually glad I lost some of those stores temporarily since I'm already running hard to keep up.
Go to Top of Page

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2012 :  5:46:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did the 7-11 recalls reappear on your job board yet?

Michael
Go to Top of Page

Bert M
Contributor

Sharpsburg, MD
USA
95 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2012 :  6:29:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not yet, guess we have to hang tight. I may not resched the visit, since I linked it with a bunch of other visits, but they were out of state for me. Worth my while to do 8-10 recalls so far away, but not to do 1.

Roberta
Go to Top of Page

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2012 :  4:30:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Still have not heard anything about these 7-11 recalls.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  12:25:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm starting to see more and more projects for 30 minutes/hrly rate. ASM use to be my best paying company but not any more. Project pay seems to becoming a thing of the past. Plus, it seems they have hired more in my area as I'm seeing quite a few names in the vendor logs.
Go to Top of Page

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  4:37:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't like this hourly rate either. They are pocketing more money for themselves.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

MonikaJeanne
Contributor

Bethlehem, PA
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2012 :  06:16:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can I have the quick low-down on this job? It seems some of you "pick" when you will service your area of jobs, and others are "assigned," without knowing how many hours/jobs you will get from week to week? I wonder how those of you with other small merchandising jobs work around these schedules, if you are part of Advantage's "assigned" employees?
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  05:17:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone done any of the Hallmark greeting card fixture team assignments in Walmart (or any other store). I am not an employee of ASM, but I am working with them through a staffing company. I have signed up for one of these projects for next week.

I guess what is entailed is you take down the greeting cards and then either reconfigure the current greeting card fixture or they may be getting a new fixture completely and you have to assemble it (not sure which scenario is actually the case). I was told that we will not be putting the greeting cards back on the fixture as Hallmark will be doing that the following morning.

Anyway, the staffing company told me that no tools are required, but I know these staffing companies don't usually know much.

So, are tools needed? I do not like to bring my tool bag into a store (especially Walmart) unless I know my tools are needed but I also do not like to be ill-prepared.

Also, if tools are needed, anyone know which tools are most handy for a job like this?
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
447 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  5:19:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Its been about 10 years since I did a Hallmark card. I did a new store setup and the card fixtures came already assembled. All we did was unbox them put them in place on salesfloor and pushed them together. Some of the racks had to have the plastic fronts that hold the cards in place put back on,they just popped in. we didn't need any tools except a boxcutter. The racks may have changed since that time,but I doubt it. You can always leave your tools in the car and if you need them go out and get them.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Lyons13
Apprentice

MA
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  05:04:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for Hallmark for 23 years, the team leader usually brings any tools but if you want to bring some with you, a rubber mallet, screwdriver, box cutter, measuring tape, level and muscles!

Sharon
Go to Top of Page

Bert M
Contributor

Sharpsburg, MD
USA
95 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  4:03:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Larry, I have done 2 stores so far.One store had all the fixtures replaced, and that was done on an overnite crew. The day team put up all the signage and set all the cards. If it is just a reset, you'll be pulling ALL the cards off, scanning each sku to see if it is a return or just moving to a new location. And also replacing all the signage. I had a great time, everyone was super nice in both stores. I was in the reset store for about 11 hours and the refixture store about 7. Wish that I could be available to do more, but just started a new job and don't want to be asking for specific days off while on probation.

Roberta
Go to Top of Page

Larry Estep

Rantoul, IL
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  9:46:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else heard about new mileage restrictions that will allow Project Merchandisers only to be offered jobs within 20 miles?

I've also noticed Advantage not even offering some locations then 3rd parties offering the same jobs using Advantage's forms and everything and they say they are assisting Advantage.

Larry
Go to Top of Page

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2012 :  11:39:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Are they jobs that no one wanted?

Michael
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2012 :  09:56:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm sure the 3rd parties aren't paying the DT & mileage, so it's probably making them more money. I haven't heard about the 20 mile limit but was told were limited to 30 hrs a week. Neither limit bothers me as I never get anything near 30 hrs and with the hrly pay only I no longer want to drive that far.
Go to Top of Page

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2012 :  11:23:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It looks like they are trying to weed out the Project Team people. They are offering the reset people these opportunities now. When i started with them as RMX they were a pretty descent company. I had weeks that i made nearly $900. This hourly pay is just so unfair. Now there is no work anyway. Then when you have work they want you to lock down your time for this crappy pay. This was suppose to be a sideline job to support myself; it is not happening anymore.

Are there any companies that pay per location anymore?

Michael
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
512 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2012 :  11:35:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kinda surprised to see not a lot of work out there! We have a few companies that pay per location/project, they have work down the road but nothing right now, we have one project but it's delivery dependant, but it is project pay.

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2012 :  4:32:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Would you mind sharing what companies are those?

Michael
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2012 :  8:43:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a couple of resets through 4th party/staffing companies. I was told that I was supposed to represent ASM. I thought that I would be working with at least 1 ASM employee. Nope. The reset included people from the manufacturer and 5 temp workers (all 5 of us representing ASM). ASM did not send 1 of their own people top do the resets. They paid upwards of $20/hr or more for each temp (no doubt) when they could just pay their own reset employees less than half that.

I understand that sometimes companies hire temp reset people because in the end it is cheaper to just hire a temp rather than hire someone when you generally don't need them except for extra help on a project here and there. But to staff a reset with only temps and tell them to represent your company? I don't get it. The team lead was kinda confused when we all told her we were there for ASM but then we all gave her different time-sheets from different copmanies.

But I'm glad I worked as a temp becasue I got paid way more than ASM would have ever paid me for it

Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake, at least I'm done with merchandising... for goodness sake.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums