Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

BrianHanson37
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2012 :  3:19:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If I remember right, it is mostly general merchandising with their products. Packing out, straightening, pop, etc. You also meet with store management to order promotional shippers, but that is the only kind of selling involved, someone else does all the ordering of regular products by them. And usually management wants anything that will sell quickly so they usually accept.

Let me know if you have anymore questions, I know this is how the Gatorade/General Mills people are, so there's a chance none of this is right lol!
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
562 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2012 :  5:26:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks brian,i appreciate it. Did Advantage do away with the gas allowance and drop the drive time to minimum wage instead of your hourly wage? I remember on the Mars team we were given a car allowance for wear and tear plus so many cents per mile after i think it was 30 miles each way and paid the same for drive time or time in the store. But they were talking about lowering the pay for drive time several years ago,was wondering if they really did it.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
562 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  09:22:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does Advantage still give the wear and tear allowance for your cars if you're on a dedicated team? And is the mileage still about .37 cents per mile(well if you're in WA state)?

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

MikeRMO

MO
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  2:58:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can't answer many of your questions, you would be more familiar than I am. But I was told by a recruiter, that yes drivetime is paid at minimum wage. I mostly wanted to respond to this posting to say: What a shame!!. The last 10 pages or so, Advantage sounds like a mess to me. Back in 2001-2005, while living/working Chicago area, grocery merchandising/resets/remodels, Acosta, Advantage and the defunct company I worked for Storecast all seemed well respected and paid well, fulltime, benefits, etc. It's pretty much been a downhill industry ever since, full time anywhere seems hard to come by. I'd love to find a job like Ed as a Dannon rep, or any rep in dairy/frozen Blue Bell ice cream would be a dream job, hahah, love that stuff..ok rambled enough.. guess I'll be doing a minimum 2 hours a week with Advantage beginning Aug 1 in Walgreens along with 3 other amount to nothing jobs with other companies... oh well small town living.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
562 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  3:35:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Mike. Yep i found out that the gas cards and wear and tear allowance are gone. You get about 38 ot 39 cents a mile,but you still are driving alot (several hundred miles a day)even tho the territories they say are smaller.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Tricia2
Apprentice

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  7:34:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been contacted by someone from ASM for full-time Retail Service merchandising for Pepsico which I believe she said it is for Pesi and Gatoraide? I do not have the job yet but was just wondering what I might expect... sounds exciting :)
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2012 :  4:16:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tricia2

I have been contacted by someone from ASM for full-time Retail Service merchandising for Pepsico which I believe she said it is for Pesi and Gatoraide? I do not have the job yet but was just wondering what I might expect... sounds exciting :)

Are you sure it was for retail SERVICE merchandiser and not retail SALES merchandiser?

I know somwone who is a retail SALES merchandiser for ASM representing PepsiCo for Gatorade and Pepsi.

Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake, at least I'm done with merchandising... for goodness sake.
Go to Top of Page

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2012 :  8:19:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They stock the shelves I believe.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

Tricia2
Apprentice

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2012 :  8:56:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes that is it, thanks so much
It turns out that I was picked up by another recruiter for the same area, when the original person emailed me about the position they had me fill out an application on line, I then received an email for an assesment test from another person which I did... I did not know that they were two seperate persons untill the original person said they are on two different teams and the one that had me fill out the assesment test sent all of the info to their boss. I sure felt bad, I thought they all worked together.... I now do not know what I will be doing untill they call for a possible interview lol!
Go to Top of Page

SAnne
Contributor

WA
USA
80 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2012 :  8:23:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lost one of my stores today. Store received a nice new shelving unit. Out goes superfrig. No space in store. Now I only have 2 stores on Friday. Hate to be tied up on a Friday for about an hour of work. Maybe I will back date if a 3 day weekend is planned. Really going to think this gig over. It amounts to 7 stores now and Monday/Wed/Friday are musts for 6-7 hours of work a week.
Go to Top of Page

BrianHanson37
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2012 :  1:47:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tricia2

Look up 5 posts above your original post. I commented on it.
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2012 :  9:18:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is my understanding that Advantage underbid the company I work for and got Walgreens. My stores are all upset to lose me so I need to talk to someone about employment so I can keep my stores.

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
562 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2012 :  06:40:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sad part is Arla,that most of the time you can't get ahold of the right department or supervisor who has the time to get back to you. What where you servicing? Maybe if you go on Advantage and apply thru their careers portal and see if there's and opening in your area. They don't list the exact job opening(like in regards to what you were doing with the other company),it's just a general application for different cities that their either hiring or accepting future applications.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2012 :  9:36:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was a full service rep for Walgreens and did it all. I will really miss my stores. Had a good cry with a couple of store managers after I broke the news this week. Nice to know I am/was so appreciated!!

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
562 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2012 :  9:49:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Arla,i wonder if you can find out any info from your company that you currently work for? Like do they have anything else in Walgreens that you can still do? Or is the company a small one and going out of business? I know with Advantage some of the contracts change yearly. I was on the Mars team and was just told several weeks ago by another Advantage rep. that Advantage lost the Mars/Wrigley account,they were underbid too. Still trying to find out if that is true or not. Does anyone know?

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2012 :  8:25:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kelly, they are cutting their own people's pay so they will go the cheapest route they can for merchandisers, I am surprised they even have us! $5 an hour pay cut is extreme for their employees so figure what they are willing to pay vendors! I have heard some RMM's are telling their people that Walgreens pulled the account so their people wouldn't be cut but I have had Walgreens managers tell me that we would be taking on more work and now this. So those RMM's were lying. I can't say anything without getting in trouble so I have to stop or lose my job. There is no freedom of speech at the place I work! Even though this is suppose to be OUR SAFE PLACE!

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
562 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2012 :  8:45:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So not good! Hope you're able to find another company to work for.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
450 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2012 :  7:03:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Several months ago my dm sent a memo from corporate stating that Walgreens corporate was unhappy with the service that company was giving the stores and that if it didn't improve, then they would be canceling their services and finding another merchandising company to service them. Thats why Advantage now has them.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2012 :  9:48:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue, I don't believe that at all. They cut their own employees pays $5 an hour, they are looking for cheap! I know I do a great job as do my co workers.

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

D. Snider
Trainee

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2012 :  06:00:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums