Page: of 34

TheresaCinNWIN

Northwest, Indiana
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2012 :  07:08:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sue A

Several months ago my dm sent a memo from corporate stating that Walgreens corporate was unhappy with the service that company was giving the stores and that if it didn't improve, then they would be canceling their services and finding another merchandising company to service them. Thats why Advantage now has them.

Your DM sent a memo? That does not make sense. Which merchandising company?

I am definitely with Arla on this one. This is about $$$. The stores I serviced cried and offered me a job when they found out I was leaving them.

Theresa C.
MSPA Gold Shopper jwkksg
Shopping/Merchandising NW Indiana and a little beyond
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2012 :  4:26:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My stores were always happy with me too. But I lost a couple of stores toanother merchandiser with same company, when that merchandiser complained to the rmm that they needed more work. And I was shopping in one of them and the store told me that there were very unhappy with the merchandiser that replaced me. Said all they ever did was come in and place irc's any of the other jobs that they were suppose to do didn't get done the store had to do them themselves. The person is a slacker, they do the least work possible and want to get paid for doing everything. I ought to know as I had worked with them on a couple of team projects. I did all the work and they were either talking on their cell or texting or standing around telling jokes to the store employee's.and it did not do any good to complain to the rmm. So I just refuse to work with that person anymore.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

SAnne
Contributor

WA
USA
80 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2012 :  09:40:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't know what is going on with ASM. I resigned in early August after loosing 2 of my 8 stores. Too many miles on car for short calls. Well I get 2 weeks notice and asked DM to send a postage paid label to return handheld unit. Still no label, no last paycheck and I am still getting SF posters. It has been almost 2 months. I have emailed at least 4 times and still nothing. How long does it take to process a return label?
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2012 :  03:36:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received a very interesting offer from Advantage. The first part said it was looking for recent college grads. They called it leadership developement lol, undernieth was the description of a 40 hr a week merchandiser position. They had 4 year degree required on the bottom in their contact info. No where in the detail did I see a place where any leadership was going to develope out of it. Hmmm trying to fancy things up a bit.

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2012 :  08:16:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I completely agree with over hiring. My work hours has been close to zero for months. I've actually clicked to accept work and someone beat me to it. Today my daughter informed me she received an email for employment in my area, also as an RPM.
Go to Top of Page

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2012 :  08:59:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I accepted 9 opportunities yesterday; in less than two hours they disappeared from my page.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2012 :  09:12:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DChristine

I completely agree with over hiring. My work hours has been close to zero for months. I've actually clicked to accept work and someone beat me to it. Today my daughter informed me she received an email for employment in my area, also as an RPM.

They all over-hire. Crossmark, Acosta, everyone.

But what gets me about ASM, in my area, ASM NEVER sends their own employees to any all-day, fair-share resets. They contract thru 4th party companies like Worksmart and SaSR and have these companies staff the resets and represent ASM. Very odd. So not only do they over-hire, but they don't even put their own employees to work when work is available to them. Unbelievable. I know that with Acosta and Crossmark, they use their own emplyees first and then use 4th parties only if they need them. That's they way it should be.

I will never bother to apply for anything with ASM anymore because I get paid more working for them through a 4th party than I would if they hired and paid me directly.
Go to Top of Page

Shel
Star Contributor

MI
USA
474 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2012 :  10:17:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ActorMichael

I accepted 9 opportunities yesterday; in less than two hours they disappeared from my page.

Me too Michael. The sleeves to go over security stands?
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2012 :  2:27:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Larry, I don't know about the resets, as I don't do them. I have seen many other projects with 3rd party companies but their never my area. The work I do we are fighting for it and it doesn't make it to a 3rd party. Which makes it so hard to understand why hire more.
Go to Top of Page

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2012 :  3:49:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Shel, did they come back on your page? Did not come back to mine.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

Shel
Star Contributor

MI
USA
474 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2012 :  4:44:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ActorMichael

Shel, did they come back on your page? Did not come back to mine.

Not at this time Michael. Maybe one of the covergirls got a pimple and they had to delay the project.
Go to Top of Page

TeriZoo41

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2012 :  8:23:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ive got a question im a retail sales merchandiser. Do they actually check the gps on the units and if you back date on superfridge do they catch that. just seems like they just keep on adding on work and not extending our hours and the supervisors say just get it done. I dont know maybe I need to quit.

Teri
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2012 :  8:42:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
TeriZoo41,Yes they do check the GPS on the PPCS and if you back date something.
One thing about Advantage is that they are always changing.
I've talked to some who have been with them anywhere from 15 to 25 years and they all say the same thing.
One RMS has gone thru 14 supervisors in 15 years, almost 1 a year.
Advantage is always changing the territories,work load,routes,pay for mileage,clients etc.
Nothing ever stays the same or what you were hired for at first.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Stella41
Contributor

Pacific Northwest
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2012 :  10:17:48 PM  Visit Stella41's Homepage  Send Stella41 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
What does this mean??

OUOTE..."Do they actually check the gps on the units and if you back date on superfridge do they catch that."

I have NO GPS car map thing(??) or what is it?...and I do superfridges. THANKS in advance for the clarification.
stella
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2012 :  06:28:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
stella, do you have a hand-held device or something that they have given you? Chances are it has GPS, nothing to do with your vehicle.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2012 :  6:01:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The GPS is built into the handheld.
Crossmark is starting to roll them out to their employee's to track you at the store and verify your store in time.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Stella41
Contributor

Pacific Northwest
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2012 :  10:29:40 AM  Visit Stella41's Homepage  Send Stella41 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
No I do not have anything like that. I wonder why, I have been
with the co for about 6 yrs. I meant to also ask what does back dating mean? (superfridge)

quote:
Originally posted by MarlaB

stella, do you have a hand-held device or something that they have given you? Chances are it has GPS, nothing to do with your vehicle.

Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2012 :  10:57:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
some clients want a handheld to be used while other clients don't. I have a HH for 1 client, none of the others. I'm with a different company.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1644 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2012 :  11:55:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got a call today and she told me my DM is going to recruit me. I lodt his contact info when I switched to Roadrunner. Hopefully I can get back on board.
Go to Top of Page

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2013 :  1:05:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone been assigned any of the liquor audits this month yet?

Michael
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums