Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

JulieShops
Valued Contributor

Benwood, West Virginia
USA
174 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2008 :  09:20:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There is an ad for this company locally on Career Builder. Any recent feedback on them?
Go to Top of Page

Brent
Contributor

Peoria, Arizona
USA
60 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  4:37:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone know what kind of merchandising this company does? Is it heavy
Go to Top of Page

ElizaSchult
Apprentice

Rockford, IL
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2008 :  4:10:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have any feedback on this company recently? Anyone? I am looking at some jobs they have posted. Would like to know more about the work they do.

Eliza
Go to Top of Page

ChristyJ001

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2008 :  7:52:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm also looking for recent feedback on this company, and what kind of accounts do they service? Is it strictly grocery store work?
Go to Top of Page

JasmineGreen

PA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2008 :  06:21:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've worked for ASM as a RSM (Retail Sales Merchandiser). The company is one of the best companies that I ever worked with. I left because I really wanted a full-time position and I was having trouble meeting my personal expenses. I really wish that I didn't leave and trying to get back with the company is very difficult.

Nevertheless, the company offers benefits for their workers including 401(k). You have to be hired as a part-time benefits employee because their are some that don't have benefits.

You are offered a Per Diem (Hope I spelled that right) each day that you drive and it's based upon your mileage. This will cover gas mileage, wear and tear on your car and other expenses.

You will be given a PDA which you download question every night and is helpful to download again every morning before heading out. So, there is no paperwork. By the way, you are paid for this also.

ASM is very large and broken into divisions. Which division you work with will determine which stores you work in. I worked in a division which had accounts with Wal-Mart and most of the major supermarkets in my area. The work that I did within the supermarkets ranged from week to week. However, I had one major account which I serviced weekly. Other accounts were on a bi-monthly basis. The accounts range from magazines to frozen foods. One thing for sure, you'll never have time to become bored.

You will be required to listen to your voice mail everyday at least 3 times a day because this is how the company communicates with you. Training is also provided this way and depending on your supervisor and DM, you may have a conference call weekly.

ASM is pretty good at giving you as much work as you request. However, if you are hired as a PT RSM, you will have to stay within that position for 6 months before being able to move into another position or on another team. You can only be transfered if your current supervisor or manager agrees. However, the company is so large that there is ample opportunity for one to move up. Oh...why did I leave. That was the biggest mistake I made.

The company's starting pay is very competitive and sometimes higher than any other company out there.

One word of advice. If you get hired on with this company. Stay with them because the opportunity that exist within this company is hard to find in any other company.

Jasmine
MSPA Silver Certified #be8uiw
Go to Top of Page

Melissa-Abbe
Contributor

Vancouver, WA
USA
73 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  1:51:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I spoke with a woman for 30 minutes on the phone today about a full-time position in my area, and have a face-to-face interview with her next Tuesday. I was quoted a hourly rate that is on par with the area, medical/dental benefits, auto allowance (is this the per diem that everyone is mentioning?) and a gas card. I'd have a fairly large territory, with one overnight trip a month.

I'm pretty exciting about the interview; I hope it goes well.

Melissa
Go to Top of Page

VickyLynn
Valued Contributor

Oneida, New York
USA
113 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  5:57:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does this compainy have a web sight? Or any contact information would be great.
Go to Top of Page

MarionR
Star Contributor

Delaware County, PA
USA
345 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  8:18:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Look on http://www.volition.com/merchandise.html
They are listed there.

Marion
Gold Certified July 2005
Go to Top of Page

Melissa-Abbe
Contributor

Vancouver, WA
USA
73 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  12:54:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got the full-time position that I interviewed for. I start next week. I'm looking forward to it; it'll be nice just working for one company rather than 3-4 to get the same hours and wages.

Melissa
Go to Top of Page

CamilleJ

NY
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  3:17:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm interviewing with them Thursday, for a full time position doing the walmarts, good hourly starting salary, gas allowance and car allowance plus benifits. it sounds almost to good to be true

Camille J
Go to Top of Page

CamilleJ

NY
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2008 :  3:47:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If the paperwork comes through in time I start 6/23

Camille J
Go to Top of Page

Melissa-Abbe
Contributor

Vancouver, WA
USA
73 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2008 :  5:52:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Congratulations! What will you be doing in the Wal-Marts?

Melissa
Go to Top of Page

CamilleJ

NY
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2008 :  3:01:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My new DM told me they cover every department but softlines. The division I got hired for only services Walmart.

Camille J
Go to Top of Page

JerryDS

Roanoke, VA
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2008 :  3:47:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can someone give me a rough time frame that Advantage will contact you after you have applied on their site?

They have three positions open in my area and I would like to work for them part time.

Jerry
Always looking for more work.
Go to Top of Page

CamilleJ

NY
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2008 :  7:53:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got the call from them the last week of may after answering the ad about 3-4 days before. I interviwed on the 5th of june, they called me on the 13th and told me I got the job, then a week to process paperwork, I started 6/23. But I got hired full time, so I dont know much about the part time part of it.

Camille J
Go to Top of Page

Lannie
Apprentice

Springfield, MO
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2008 :  06:46:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a interview on Monday for the gatorade /tropicanna division.. How do you like working for them .. is the per diem and fule card enough to cover auto expenses ? Are they flexable ? any feedback would be appreciated
Thanks

Lannie
Merchandising the Ozarks
Go to Top of Page

CamilleJ

NY
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2008 :  6:58:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think I sent you an email but if I didnt the answer to your questions -
1. Love working for them so far
2. Per Diem - great allowance. Fuel card - given that gas prices kept inching up bit by bit, I ended up forking out $30 of my own at the end of the month. But keep in mind that I drove about 3000 miles over that month and my card ran out on the last week.
3. flexible in what way? My new boss is great and allows me to set my schedule within reason. Last week I worked 4 extra long days and gave myself friday off. I'd say that flexibility depends on your supervisor, but as long as you get the job done in the time frame it's supposed to be done in, then you can play with your schedule a bit.

Camille J
Go to Top of Page

Melissa-Abbe
Contributor

Vancouver, WA
USA
73 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2008 :  7:41:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My boss told me that the gas card is supposed to cover 3 weeks out of the month, because, after all, you drive on your own time, too.

My schedule is very flexible. I have 54 store calls I'm expected to complete in a month. How I get them done is up to me. Today, for instance, I was originally going to do some of my out-of-town stores. But, an appointment came up that I needed to make so I rearranged the week. I also did my first store today, went to my appt, and then did the rest of my route.

Melissa
Go to Top of Page

CamilleJ

NY
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2008 :  6:33:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Really? I didn't know that, I wish i had though, I've been using one of our cars specifically for work and the other cars to run errands and family outings.

Camille J
Go to Top of Page

RachelW

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2008 :  7:07:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know that there has been some updated posts about Advantage but I was wondering if there was anything else new? I just received a call today from someone and he said that my experience is a match with what they are looking for. His manager is supposed to call me tomorrow. I really don't know anything about the position other than what city it is in. From what I have read on here, this company seems to be very good.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums