Page: of 34

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2014 :  10:46:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maralyn,

The company that sent out that email was Acosta.

Very,Very unprofessional in my opinion. I can see if it is a competing company and I agree with them on that. However they have no right saying you cannot work for anyone but them.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2014 :  3:38:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Way back in the dark ages when I first started merchandsing, most companies had a clause that you could not work for another company while employed by them. Huffy had that policy. But I got 35-60 hours a week with them back then, so didn't need to work for anybody else at the same time.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
389 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2014 :  4:13:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
And we all know where Huffy went.
Go to Top of Page

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
180 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2014 :  5:17:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EdMikes

Maralyn,

The company that sent out that email was Acosta.

Very,Very unprofessional in my opinion. I can see if it is a competing company and I agree with them on that. However they have no right saying you cannot work for anyone but them.

Ed-

Is that policy still in place?

Robert
Over 30 years in the Field
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2014 :  2:02:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Robert,

As far as I know it is.

They seem to be the only ones whom tell you you cannot work for anyone but them. They did specify ANY company in that email.

As far as I am concerned if that's what they want maybe they can pay more so people don't need to work two or more jobs.

I really think it is unprofessional of them to send out a email like that.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
389 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2014 :  3:40:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Acosta sold off its unit of DSI, now part of TNG. I wonder if Acosta is having problems. They seem to be losing reset reps in PA grocery accounts.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2014 :  7:24:28 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I accepted 9 thirty minute jobs that nobody would want. I figured the time and mileage would make it work out as I slipped in a few other jobs. My reward was a scheduler removed one of my 8 hour jobs in a single store. I had to decline some work when these three days were assigned. Fortunately I replaced the lost work, but at 11 locations which means I am out some time and mileage since the work to replace the lost day does NOT pay any travel.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2014 :  2:26:00 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
IF you currently work for Advantage and have blocked time when you are not available, check the blocked or schedules time calendar.
I have some time and days blocked, but something happened. All my blocked out time was cleared. That resulted in an all day assignment on my busiest blocked day being scheduled at the last minute.
MY FS knows the situation, but said since the scheduler saw an empty day, she filled in the all day job. All this happened today for Monday - 7 days from now.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2014 :  08:41:13 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you are doing the hanging flags POP in multiple Wal-Mart departments this week, be very careful to follow your call form. NOT all locations will need all the flags as described in the instructions.
If you check you invoice of shipped supplies, you may notice as I did there is not enough of every flags for all your stores as described in the instructions.
===========
ALSO:
Check your JET report in the computer before going to the store. As of midnight Eastern Time on Monday, the fourth choice on the paper call report "4) No - Item not on peg" is not available on JET internet reporting. My intent was to use the fourth choice when the Irwin tools were not in the store. Instead, I had to revert to choice three - Manager Refused which is untrue since the product was not in two of my stores.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Stacey

Bella Vista, AR
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2014 :  08:23:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Would love to get some feedback on Advantage and what type of work they do in Walmart. I'm evaluating companies to potentially work for and would like to know how they are to work for... thanks!

Stacey
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2014 :  7:33:48 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
There is a new round of neck hangers that may be worked this week or next. Some locations are Sams. Some are Wal-Mart. Make sure you read the instructions for each chain and the call report. The instructions indicate the number of hangers are not the same in each chain. The individual call forms indicate the SKUs to place hangers on. It appears not all stores have the same SKUs as targets for the neck hangers nor the shelf hangars. The neck hangers and shelf talkers are different between Wal-Mart and Sam's Club.
What makes it worse is each chain has a specified number of supplies per store - The shipment of supplies was ALL dumped in the box ... One box for Wal-Mart / a week later a box for Sam's Club arrived at the end of week one when many of us scheduled that work that week. Unlike my last neck hanger job which had each store's supplies separated.
UPDATE: Now the email in the JET job board says not enough Shelf Talkers are being sent to do the job. The supplier ran out. The shipment is coming out of California. The shortage in my Sam's Club box was not the shelf talkers, but the clips to attach the shelf talkers.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
389 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2015 :  4:10:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anybody noticing the creative terms being used on job boards? Like "Retail Schematic Merchandiser"? They seem to be having a problem getting reps in PA. What's up?
Go to Top of Page

MaryMM

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2015 :  12:54:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone noticed a real lack of opportunities? I have not seen any in a long time. I am in Tx
Go to Top of Page

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2015 :  1:43:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Robert, if the areas are what they were when I applied with them, it is a very large area (Clearfield, Clinton, Elk counties etc) and some remote locations. I was asked to drive 2-1/2 hours one way to "see if I was a good fit" (in so many words) for the position they were advertising. (The manager who was over the area manager come up with that bright idea) No compensation of course because I was not hired yet. Personally, I thought it was nervy for anyone to even ask that. I can't say it's the same area, but that may be why the company is having difficulty getting people.
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
389 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2015 :  2:53:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
April2013, I can guarantee that is the area, as I live in Clinton County. The stores are small, and most planograms will be doctored up to fit. Stores are Wal Mart, Weis, Giant, and many Shur Save. I won't work for Advaantage, as I have seen how they work. I was wondering what was up. By the where are you at? PM me if you want to. Thanks, Bob.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2015 :  4:14:41 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MaryMM

Has anyone noticed a real lack of opportunities? I have not seen any in a long time. I am in Tx

December was a bit dry, but I am exceeding my part time allocation of hours by schedule anyway. This week the hours estimate was way off (System overestimated task time).
Next couple of weeks will exceed my time budget.

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2015 :  7:57:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ok so it is the same area. At the time it was listed as Altoona region. I applied because they didnt give a specific radius around Altoona. I am from Bedford County. Their ‘regions' would wear your vehicle out in no time.
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2015 :  5:21:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff68005

IF you currently work for Advantage and have blocked time when you are not available, check the blocked or schedules time calendar.
I have some time and days blocked, but something happened. All my blocked out time was cleared. That resulted in an all day assignment on my busiest blocked day being scheduled at the last minute.
MY FS knows the situation, but said since the scheduler saw an empty day, she filled in the all day job. All this happened today for Monday - 7 days from now.

I just had this happen to me except my unavailable time still appears blocked to me. I emailed my FS and never heard back but instead of just removing the hard scheduled in this blocked time he removed all my other work also. I barely get any work the past 6 months or so and I would love more work. I have blocked a few hours in the am because I have to compensate for all the hours lost with ASM.
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
389 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2015 :  5:55:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Bedford to Lock Haven is a snap easy ride. Getting to Clearfield and Elk County from Bedford is a different story. Can't get there from anywhere. LOL!
Go to Top of Page

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2015 :  08:58:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got an invite for the job again awhile back. Now it's State College area..inching closer to you Bob.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums