Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2015 :  12:42:33 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you can get back into JET, you can modify your unavailable time. There is a memo in your JET email this week explaining how to do this. There was a memo in the JET email about work being auto assigned. You can select that in your JET profile. IF it is still there you should read it. The problem with auto-assign is you have to check your JET constantly since ASM does not send out notice emails. The memo also covers a way to indicate how far you are willing to travel. JET now has an opportunities tab which has been helpful in getting work.
IF your password has expired, you will have to telephone tech support in the afternoon daytime (West Coast time).
Right now, ASM has a couple of major work undertakings nationwide. One job is so massive, ASM created a new team visiting several chains in more than one category of business.
The other major undertaking could have you in a big box for up to four hours. No heavy lifting. Not the best organized, so there are revisits involved.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2015 :  1:28:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jeff but I have my unavailable time set correctly. Still I was assigned work in that time. Instead of reassigning just that work, they took the work that had a 2 week time frame also, that I could have done. I have always had the opportunities tab, just not much showing up there. I change my password online instead of calling in.
Go to Top of Page

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2015 :  12:21:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got a call about a Project Merchandiser position working with Frito Lay. I'm not real interested because of my previous experiences but does anyone have any input on this situation? I'm just kind of nosy. Thanks in advance.
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
387 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2015 :  12:49:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do not know anything specific, but it sounds like Frito Lay might be using 3rd party as opposed to hiring detail reps. You could be working weekends and off hours restocking from the back. Just a guess on my part.
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2015 :  4:28:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It sounds like what Robert Said.
I did this type of job for Frito Lay a few years ago for another company.
We had to go in at different hours on the weekends & holidays to restock product from the back room. Some weekends it was 2x a day we had to go in. Once in the morning and once late in the day.It depended on how much product the store sold during the day. I had 3 stores to do.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
387 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2015 :  5:41:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just spotted a Frito Lay Full time Detailer position for Lehigh Valley, PA (Allentown area). Perhaps this Advantage offer is a part time, or a temp type. Last possibility is in a rural area where Frito won't spend any time.
Go to Top of Page

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2015 :  6:13:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It may be that same area as they advertised before. I know the lady emphasized no pay for up to 40 miles which is a royal ripoff. Probably can't get anyone for Punxsy or St Marys. One company told me I live 26 miles from Punxsy. I must have been using the wrong map all these years. Thanks Robert.
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
387 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2015 :  6:31:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Don't you just love these people whose computer knows everything?
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2015 :  8:51:03 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've had mixed results with the time and mileage when I was eligible for it. The distance they preprogram is seldom accurate. I have yet to find a practical way to appeal the mileage. The only thing I can input is drive time.

Examples:
Kroger grocery store (Bakers) is shown as 3 miles which is close enough.
Walmart in Papillion is shown as 5 miles.
No Frills (grocery) one mile further west from the Walmart is shown as 9 miles which is more accurate.
==============
Yesterday, I received a short notice (one week) that Advantage is setting the mileage pay by state. I was cut from 40 cents/paid mile down to 27 cents/paid mile.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2015 :  8:55:35 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
My new supervisor sent me an email. Her system is showing a job not reported two days later.
My JET (job board) is green (reported) on time.
I reported it BYOD which means it was reported within 10 minutes of job completion.

Anybody else had this happen?

Jeff Hix
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2015 :  10:06:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
ASM's systems sometimes have a "brain fart"

You will get a call saying you have an open call etc... Whhen everything has been synced and completed.

I guess things just happen sometimes.

As they say a "picture" is worth a thousand words if you have that "by the book" manager.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
387 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2015 :  7:12:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
More like the "brain farts are by management and the IT team writing the computer programs.
Go to Top of Page

DarlaR.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
127 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2015 :  06:58:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone here have any info on full time positions at Advantage that require quote "75% sales" ?

Thats what the recruiter told me and it kinda scared me off. But I met a guy on the Bayer team that suggested it was nothing more that asking to build displays of merchandise thats already in the back room anyway. Which is what I do all the time.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Darla
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2015 :  06:22:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Darla,

Just about every team is asked to sell and pack out. Maybe the amount of % was quoted to you wrong. I work on 3 teams, (SSF, Large SSF and Core) under the umbrella of one. We are asked to sell on all of them, but that is far from 75% of what we do. Did you get the name of the team?
Go to Top of Page

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
178 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2015 :  4:10:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If this position is in Walmarts' there could be a problem.

Walmart has gone to a POS Replenishment system. Sales of items are tracked and, when a certain percentage of a case pacl is sold, the computer triggers an order which is picked and shipped within a day or so. The idea here is to minimize backstock by having delivered product have a guaranteed home on the shelf without being binned and possibly lost.

Department managers have little to no discretion when it comes to ordering product. Management above that level is very hesitant to order product directly from the reps because they seldom have any idea if orders for the same product are being solicited from the buyer in Bentonville. They reason that they might not be able to control orders placed by the home office, but they can- and will- limit optional orders at their level.

There are some exceptions, but taking a position that required a certain level of ordering (or maybe I should say successful orders) would not be high up on my job choices right about now.

Robert
Over 30 years in the Field
Go to Top of Page

DarlaR.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
127 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2015 :  09:07:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This position was for work in Walmart stores. I'm not sure about the team though. I just know it had something to do with the grocery area and sports drinks.

I'm kinda glad I turned it down now. Don't really like bothering managers to buy products.

Btw..thanks for the info. For some reason I didn't get a notification of any replies to my question until now.

Darla
Go to Top of Page

BeverlyAnn
Star Contributor

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2015 :  3:33:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Robert wrote: "Walmart has gone to a POS Replenishment system. Sales of items are tracked and, when a certain percentage of a case pacl is sold, the computer triggers an order which is picked and shipped within a day or so. The idea here is to minimize backstock by having delivered product have a guaranteed home on the shelf without being binned and possibly lost."
==================================================
Well, as a merchandiser (now retired) who worked a LOT in 7 different Walmarts over 10 years, Robert is correct. HOWEVER, the REALITY of this system in ALL of the stores I would work in left a LOT to be desired!!! Inventory misplaced, stolen, or left in the back room STILL left LOTS of out of stocks on the shelves!!! I hope this system did improve things somewhat, somewhere, in the Wally World!! But in the stores I did work in, it's all still kind of a mess and hit-or-miss!! And Robert's correct....Dept Managers really can't order anything from anybody!! It really all does have to come from higher-ups, and we who merchandise(d)in Walmarts know how difficult THAT is to get done!

BeverlyAnn
Silver Certified x6xbkn
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2015 :  07:12:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
@DarlaR,

That team was the Gatorade team. Really not alot of "cold" selling involved. The beauty is of that product it sells itself especially now when the weather is hot. I know several reps that work on that team from meeting them over the years and they love the position. I will say almost all Merchandiser positions these days require some kind of "selling in" however at a Wal-Mart selling in is really easy to do as it is a high volume mass store especially if you know and are friendly with management.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

DarlaR.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
127 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2015 :  07:16:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What is the best FULL TIME team to work on at Advantage? I've heard it may be the "Channel Team". They only have five stores. One store each day Mon-Fri. That sounds pretty good.

There's a new team called the "Bayer Team" but the territories or areas are HUGE! Like 3500 miles a month huge.

I also heard of the "Mars Team". Who wouldn't want to work with candy all day?!!

Darla
Go to Top of Page

DarlaR.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
127 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2015 :  06:39:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Advantage is laying people off. Don't know if they lost a major client or just going all part time but a friend of mine is very worried about his position. If you get a notification for a conference call...then that's your pink slip!

Darla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums