Page: of 34

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2015 :  08:35:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Darla,

I have not heard of any major client being lost at ASM.

However in your friends area they may be going with PT for some positions.

As far as your question. Yes it probably would be "Channel" Wal-Mart.

It all depends on the area you live for the amount of stores you will get. I know the normal number of stores for that team in my area is between 10-15 stores.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

MariaMia
Star Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
274 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2015 :  08:13:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarlaR.

Advantage is laying people off. Don't know if they lost a major client or just going all part time but a friend of mine is very worried about his position. If you get a notification for a conference call...then that's your pink slip!

I recently accepted part time work with them as a brand ambassador instore. I was looking for full time but was told only part time was available. Its not with a team more part of Demos and Promos. Guess it depends what the job entails.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2015 :  9:22:44 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
IF you are assigned the display set at Lowes:
There have been a couple of letters indicating some ASM reps reporting the store knows nothing about it and does not have the fixture.
In my three stores, the display fixture arrived the week of December 14-16, 2015. This project was delayed a week from the original schedule. I believe shipment of the display fixture was the culprit.

Ask for a PSA (job title) instead of a Receiver or Manager On Duty.
Allow up to an extra hour for the job. Personally, I do not have any need for the products being set in this display and had no clue from the item description what I was looking for. I had to determine what the item was based on the SKU list and hunt for it on the store's inline.
All three stores had a box with green sheet on them to hold for this project. All stores ignored the green sheet and either put the box in the over the display bins or product out on the inline display. That box only had the first nine or ten items on the SKU list. All stores failed to think of that. Only after I was midway into the project and asked floor employees for those items did any of them think of the box I mention. It is not something that is given to you with the display.
All the remaining items was an Easter Egg Hunt along the back inline wall. Just to make things interesting, three chalk line products SKU numbers on the package did not match the SKU list, but the price labels had matching SKU numbers. - That is how I found the correct product to display. The fourth chalk line item was a match.
Start from the bottom and work your way up. The POG/SKU list does not give any spacing information for the display pegs. You have to work that out on your own. There is a POG showing the general display and what items go about where on the fixture.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2016 :  8:31:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got a check for 51 cents from them. The work has dried up. How is it going for other reps?

Michael
Go to Top of Page

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2016 :  2:10:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Big whopping check of 17 cents from them.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2016 :  6:26:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ActorMichael

I got a check for 51 cents from them. The work has dried up. How is it going for other reps?

I sent in my letter of resignation today after almost 9 years with they, because of lack of work. After getting a new FS a couple of years ago work went down to almost nothing. If I received work it would disappear. Expecting me to do 1 continuous assignment by-weekly was the end. I loved this company at one time but they became a company that doesn't care at all about the field reps.
Go to Top of Page

DarlaR.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
127 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2016 :  07:29:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well I just had a horrible experience with Advantage.

I thought this was going to be my dream job. The territory was fantastic!(the best I could have gotten for living out in the boonies like I do) AND it was on the Unilever team. There's tons of Unilever products and I was hired on full time as a merchandiser. It was like a test team for the rest of the country just being launched in Texas and Florida.
I'm totally qualified and thought this was gonna be my job for the next 10 yrs or something. NOT!
We got a horrible manager. She was so disrespectful and unreasonable that I quit after 2 months. Every Sat morning I was already DREADING work Monday. I just refuse to live my life that way.
It's really unfortunate. It would have been a great, easy job!

Darla
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
560 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2017 :  8:41:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I noticed a number of new job postings for Retail Data Collector on their career page in a number of rural areas that mainly have a Walmart, Safeway or IGA.
But when I pull up the description of the job it says the same thing for all their reset, retail merchandiser and data collector postings.
Question: Does the Retail Data Collector mainly do resets? That's what it sounds like, with just a little data collecting on a handheld device.
Don't want to apply to mainly do resets.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums