Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

RachelW

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2008 :  07:13:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
OK so AMS said they would call me back the same day or the following day. They never did. This is not the first time a company has called me and told me they are interested in hiring me, saying that they will call back in a few days or weeks and I never hear from them again. Yes, I could make a follow up phone call but I get a funny feeling about the company as a whole if they can't even follow up with the first thing they say they are going to do. I don't get my hopes up anymore when a company calls me for work. I read on here about people having jobs with so many companies. I'm just trying to get 1 or 2 more jobs.
Go to Top of Page

CamilleJ

NY
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2008 :  5:02:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Melissa-Abbe

My boss told me that the gas card is supposed to cover 3 weeks out of the month, because, after all, you drive on your own time, too.

My schedule is very flexible. I have 54 store calls I'm expected to complete in a month. How I get them done is up to me. Today, for instance, I was originally going to do some of my out-of-town stores. But, an appointment came up that I needed to make so I rearranged the week. I also did my first store today, went to my appt, and then did the rest of my route.

Melissa did the reshuffling of territories affect you? I lost two far stores and picked up three new stores all much closer to me. Also were you part of the WM calls change from 4 to 2 in the Supercenters?

Camille J
Go to Top of Page

Melissa-Abbe
Contributor

Vancouver, WA
USA
73 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  4:00:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Camille, I'm not with Advantage any more. I work for Driveline now. I never had any Wal-Marts, though. Good for you for dropping the far-off stores.

Melissa
Go to Top of Page

Kamy777
Contributor

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2008 :  7:45:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any recent feedback on ASM? There are several openings in my area. Any info on type of merchandising involved, etc. would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Go to Top of Page

Kamy777
Contributor

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2008 :  12:59:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any recent feedback on this company? Thanks in advance for any info.
Go to Top of Page

AuditorRuss
Star Contributor

Vacaville, California
USA
308 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2008 :  8:25:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think this is the company my wife applied with. You know how it goes: you have a busy merchandising day and don't check your voice till the end of the day and there was a message. She called the back the next day but didn't have the lady's extension and asked for her first and last name. The woman seemed a little shall we say abrupt that my wife didn't have the extension but she did leave a voice mail message. When two days went by she called again and never got a return phone call. I know companies are busy but sometimes I think that if you not sitting right by the phone for them to call you don't get a call back. I am sure I am just paranoid though.

Russ
Go to Top of Page

CamilleJ

NY
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2008 :  07:49:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think the way the do it is when they start interviewing, they have a list in front of them for potential candidates. I was one of several interviewed for my position. They may have just gone down the list to whoever was next, which is why sometimes people don't get callbacks.

Camille J
Go to Top of Page

JanJojo
Star Contributor

West Virginia
USA
42759 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2008 :  09:04:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would like to fill out an employee profile for this company,since
this is supposed to be one of the companies that will be doing
demos in Walmart. What is the web address that I need?

Janette Johnson
Go to Top of Page

AuditorRuss
Star Contributor

Vacaville, California
USA
308 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2008 :  10:56:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My wife was really interested but you know how that goes. You are right. You miss a call and then they go down the list to the next person.

Russ
Go to Top of Page

Sherry
Valued Contributor

Port Clinton, OH
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2008 :  5:07:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been down today because of the flu and I received a phone call from Advantages Sales and Marketing telling me to go the website. They are looking for people. On the website I see so much different information - marketration, campaigners, etc. Has anyone else received a phone call - automated - no person who you talk to/ just curious.

Sherry

Sherry
Go to Top of Page

Kelly M
Valued Contributor

Clarksville, Arkansas
USA
209 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2008 :  5:55:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
website
www.asmnet.appone.com/Menu.asp?

Kelly M
Go to Top of Page

Shel7296
Contributor

Wapakoneta, Ohio
USA
64 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2008 :  6:03:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received a phone call from them today. It was a recording it says to go to
http://www.asmnet.appone.com
so I did and I have a phone interview Monday at 11am

Shelly
Go to Top of Page

RuthMcanally
Valued Contributor

Pittsburg, TX
USA
133 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2008 :  6:11:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
how did you find out about your phone interview as I also got that call today and filled out an application and waiting to see when my infterview will be.

thanks
Ruth Mcanally

Ruth Mcanally
Go to Top of Page

Shel7296
Contributor

Wapakoneta, Ohio
USA
64 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2008 :  6:42:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
At the end of the application it will say if there is any available positions and there was on mine so I applied for it and I scheduled a phone interview for Monday.

Shelly
Go to Top of Page

SherryJean
Contributor

New Market, TN
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2008 :  7:03:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When I checked my answering machine I had a call from them today, too. They were looking for demonstrators. Said someone had given them my name.

Sherry Jean
ADDICTED TO MERCHANDISING
Go to Top of Page

Kelly M
Valued Contributor

Clarksville, Arkansas
USA
209 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2008 :  08:43:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I applied with this company a few days ago and now have an interview set for this Monday. It is for store that I have been to quite a bit for demos for other companies, its about 25 miles away. But the store that I live 5 minutes away from is where I would rather be. LOL. It is not listed with either this company of Crossmark .Should I ask about "my" store during interview?

Thanks

Kelly M
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  07:35:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kelly, I did ask about other stores in my area, and I was told they weren't scheduling or any of the others. So far they only received a contract with Wal Mart for this one store I'm scheduled for. I also mentioned that when Wal Mart did the same thing last year with Crossmark and Campaigners, the demos didn't go so well and our local Wal Mart hardly had any jobs. They told me Advantage Sales and Marketing is a sister company to Campaigners, so I told them I hoped thing go well this time, and I was excited about working with them.

The answer is YES do ask, and ask again in March 2009 because 500 more stores will be added to their list of stores. My distance in stores is about the same as yours and I have drive to the farther store too.

Crossmark also advertised their demos for Thur., Fri., Sat. and Sun. for $11 hr. I was told from Advantage Sales and Marketing their demos are for Sat. and Sun. only for $10 hr.

For Advantage Sales and Marketing... I applied at marketration.com, after you fill in the application it has a section to paste you resume. You'll be emailed a packet of forms to fax back (if your application is approved) it said I had 48 hrs to get them faxed back. Then after you fax all these forms and they're approved you'll be sent a package from Fed Exp to take a drug test, it also said I had 48 hrs to get that done. After you past that you should be receiving you calls.

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

JanJojo
Star Contributor

West Virginia
USA
42759 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2008 :  9:13:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I completed the online application. At this time there are
no positions available in my area.

Janette Johnson
Go to Top of Page

Kelly M
Valued Contributor

Clarksville, Arkansas
USA
209 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2008 :  08:36:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Had my phone interview this morning, and I did ask about my local store and it will be on their list later to hire for. I am glad I asked. I hate phone interviews but I think I did ok.It is always the situation questions that I hate and makes me nervous.

Kelly M
Go to Top of Page

Kelly M
Valued Contributor

Clarksville, Arkansas
USA
209 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2008 :  7:10:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone heard back after their first interview to set up a second interview ?Just wondering how long to expect maybe.

Kelly M
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums