Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

Tanya L

NC
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  1:19:31 PM  Send Tanya L an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
From what I was told yesterday by the area manager here, you are not paid for the first and last 20 miles.

Sorry I can't help with any other info as I am just being hired on with them as well.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly M
Valued Contributor

Clarksville, Arkansas
USA
209 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  1:59:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have applied with this company for their upcoming demos in my area, but I saw where CrossMark had other locations and their times and lenght of workday are different, I like CrossMarks better.

Kelly M
Go to Top of Page

CamilleJ

NY
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  2:11:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ed

I'm full time in a totally different division so I'm not sure how yours works. Part timers get mileage and drive time I believe, with the first and last 20 miles being considered personal and I think the first and last 30 mins of drive time being personal as well.

Again because you are part time I dont know too much about it. I have a monthly fuel card with them and I get a monthly car allowance but I dont get paid per mile (which is sad because per month I average about 2600 miles) drive time for me between stores is part of my work day because i'm on the clock while I'm commuting between the stores. I do get to enter drive time for the morning and evening commute to and from my house, but that's after the first and last 30 mins. Most of my stores are about an hour away from me each way so that's about 60 mins of drive time I have to put in each day. I do have to keep track of mileage but thats because of the gas and car allowances.
You asked about admin time and again I don't know much about part time, but with me admin time is for example if I am doing paperwork at home. Sometimes there's quite a few emails waiting for me when I get home so it takes a while to go through them, thats admin time. But at the end of the week it all has to work out to 40 hours for me. Drive time, store time, admin time. All has to add up to my 40.

I will say however that if you were offered the full time position, if it were possible, you should have gone with it. The company is a good one to work with and from a personal observation, having seen several companies come and go, these guys are still around and going strong. Wages are fair, allowances and benefits are fare and I believe that great things are in store for the company. I am so happy I am lucky to be a part of it.

Camille J
Go to Top of Page

Rebecca_in GA
Apprentice

CAL
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  2:57:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ed, Im a new part-timer as well. Ill be servicing convenience stores in a large territory. Im still learning, but I can tell you that they do pay a daily stipend that is calculated by taking the price of gas, the cost of living where you live, and the total miles driven. And Im told the amount can change if gas prices and such rise.

cici
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  3:49:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Camille,

Why would I accept a Full time position?

I am a rep for Dannon! I just wanted a second job. I could not do full time the hours would conflict with my job now.

Part time is the same, except for the gas card and some vacation and personal things.

They pay a Per Diem. I will be getting $12 a day for gas. I heard in my division that the gas cards were taken away for everyone that had a personal car. I still get drive time from store to store at my hourly rate. At crossmark I had admin time, but I don't have a PDA in this position with Advantage.

Anyone else have the Per Diem? I am thinking the Per Diem might be the better way to cut back on mileage fraud. I think ther're taking the stores that I will go to or my specific territory, and doing the miles. I wou't be more then 20 miles from home anyway, so to me $12.00 is great a day. Crossmark never paid me gas mileage.

The pay with drive time and Per Diem mileage, comes out to about 15.50 an hour. Thats not bad for a part time position! My salary at dannon is not that much more when broken into hourly.

I will know tomorrow how everything works. Going into the office to get trained on Admin Stuff. My manager(The district supervisor) talked about Admin time, drive time, and the per diem in the interview. I got the letter stating the per Diem, I am just unclear about the rest!.

I will find out tomorrow!

Thanks for your help.

P.S. why did they do away with the gas cards in my area? One rep I talked to said it was because of the high amount of fraud or something like that.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  3:55:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Rebecca,

I will know tomorrow.

Yes the daily Stipened amount to me is fair. Considering gas is like $1.50 a gallon. I put supreme in the car so its like 3 bucks more, but I get better gas mileage.

Also, The GPS helps so I am not driving all over town. I you haven't got one, look into it.

Crossmark never gave me gas money. My route would be about 20 miles from home each way. And that was when gas was 4.50 a gallon, so it took toll an my wallet. My car won't use $12 in gas a day, so on a per day basis that amount is fine with me.

How many days do you do though? Is it 4 8 hour days or is it different? or is it 5 doing 6.4 hours a day?

Ed.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

CamilleJ

NY
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  7:37:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ed

Regarding the gas card, I don't know why they took it away. I have one but again I am full time and I am in a different area from you. All my fellow RSMs have gas cards. We all use our personal cars for the job, hence monthly gas cards and monthly car allowances.

Regarding the full time position. I dont work for Dannon, so I have no idea what the job pays or how what you do. I was going on the knowledge I have of meeting other reps from different companies who would love to be hired on as FT RSMs with ASM. That was just my 2 cents. Thats why I said "IF it were possible you should have gone with it" Just because from what I have observed, there are alot of people out there who would love to get FT with the company.

Good Luck with the Job.

Camille J
Go to Top of Page

Tanya L

NC
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  9:14:28 PM  Send Tanya L an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
The area manager that called me never said whether or not there was a gas card, all I was told is I would be paid for it. For those that have been working with ASM, is there a gas card or does it come on your check?
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  1:02:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Camille,

I am salaried at Dannon. The hourly conversion comes out to $18/hr. So 34.5 a year before taxes.

The district manager today at Advantage when doing the trainiong said they do stipened in my division because they save money that way. She said it stinks, because your stipened amount can go down or up on a monthly basis(Of coures more is better!) I am pretty sure however that The DM's do get a company card. She just said it was cut for full and part-timers in this area. I know for a fact unless a company car is given to you at Crossmark, you don't get a company credit card, just mileage if you go outside of the first 30 miles.

If the pay offer was as Good as Dannon I would have taken it! my part time starting pay is better then what I made at Crossmark. I don't want to discuss that here. Shoot me an e-mail if you want the number.

Different divisions and regions have different rules.

And Tanya, The info you want will be put on the offer letter from HR. When I look at it, if you figure lets say 10-12 bucks a day is fine for me. I do know some of you guys drive alot, maybe that's why you have gas cards in your regions. None of my stores will be 20 miles from my home. Nexts weeks schedule has no stores more then 5 miles from my home.

And The stores fro me changed!. I was supposed to be doing the Gatorade resets. They now have me doing Albertsons, Fred Meyer, and Associated Foods resets. All my Albertsons are Frozen!!!! Love it did it for 10 years.

Well gotta run!

Seems like a great company. Maybe if they have a full time in a few months I might look at it(I know it has to be 6 months from hire date)
But now the way everything is, I am looking to pay off my bills fast!

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  1:05:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oh,

By the way the system looks like it's easier then Crossmarks by a mile!

Citrix and Salestrak were good programs don't get me wrong, just alot of people I worked with got confused on putting in the minutes(480=8 hrs) as well as adding a task.

But this system seems easy, I guess I will find out in time!

Ed.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  1:08:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Camille,

Forgot to ask,

By what I can see in the handbook, the main diffs between Part-time and full-time besides the hours and really things like vacation time etc.. I don't care about insurance, I have one from my wifes company(Cigna) and the one from Dannon. And yes potentially gas cards.

Is there anything else?

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

CamilleJ

NY
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  5:20:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ed

Not too sure if there's anything else. Full timers may have to travel once in a blue moon, I have a company card for hotels but I've never had to use it yet lol.

As far as I know the main difference was in the auto policies but I could be wrong. Again it probably depends on what division you are in.

Camille J
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  6:16:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Rebecca,

Yes the auto policys. Forgot bout them!

I already have 100/300 anyway so that never was a prob.

Thank you!

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2009 :  1:02:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ok,

So I did all the training on Friday with ASM.

Is there anyone part-time like me that could clarify something for me?

We get paid a per diem for mileage every day.

On the E-labor system after I have put that amount in, it asks for buisness mileage as well. Of course this is after the first 20 miles from home and the last 20 miles to home. My question is simple.

Lets say I drive 60 miles. So I deduct the 40 I don't get paid for, and have 20 miles left over. Do we get paid for those 20 miles on top of the Per-Diem pay? Thats what I am confused on. I know that the per-diem pay isn't taxed which is cool.

And has anyone had any problems with the ADP totalpay card? I got this to make things easy. Does it have a Visa or Mastercard logo on it? and I will be able to take cash out correct?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2009 :  6:24:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have an ADP total pay card from Premuim Retail Services. It is a visa debit card. You can take cash off it at stores, bank,atm. If you use a atm there are fee's. if you go inside bank you get cash off it like you would be using a credit card for cash advance, no fees involved. I've had mine 2 or 3 years now, whenever it was that Premuim switched from issuing paper paychecks. I have never had a problem with it. I do know that if you call adp service line you end up talking to someone in India thou for help.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2009 :  7:33:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also have the ADP Card with premium, but some banks will not honor it if you are not one of their customers. I got out of town, with no cash, did not think I needed it, went into a bank because I did not want to pay a ATM Fee for my pay check, and they would not honor it.
Go to Top of Page

WendyG
Star Contributor

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2009 :  8:27:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I read my part-time auto policy as I am just starting with them. I train next week. It is very confusing and sounds like a lot of book keeping to track.

I will send it to you in an email so that you can read it for you questions.

Wendy
Go to Top of Page

Teresa W
Apprentice

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2009 :  09:17:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just curious if any of the leads working for WalMart with Advantage have taken the food certification test yet? I would like to know more about the test....multiple choice, discussion, yes/no, fill in the blanks, etc....I haven't had to take a test in over 30 years and I wasn't good at them even back then..lol...any info would be greatly appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  01:26:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I asked my District Manager for Advantage Sales and Marketing about the training and become certified for the food demos and he told me he didn't know what I was asking about, didn't know a thing about it. ...strange....They have a 4 day demo, for two demonstraters at Food 4 Less, these have been booked already...He emails us all to lets us know of this opportunity,for March, which most of us couldn't get because it not enough work for us all. Nothing else has been scheduled since we've been hired.
Mary

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

GaleLM

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  5:12:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had a phone interview today for a part time position working with Schering Plough products. It would be about 60 stores once a month for about 75 minutes for each call. Any feedback from anyone that is familiar with this?? Is this a good company to work for??

Gale
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums