KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  5:22:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GaleLM

I had a phone interview today for a part time position working with Schering Plough products. It would be about 60 stores once a month for about 75 minutes for each call. Any feedback from anyone that is familiar with this?? Is this a good company to work for??

Wow!!!! With only 4 days to complete the project, you will be very busy with 60 stores....hat off to you I am doing 1 store for Schering Plough through Advantage RMX division. I have done assignments for them for three months now. Always get paid the amount specified, on time and am able to speak with my DM whenever I have called.

Karito
Go to Top of Page

Kelly M
Valued Contributor

Clarksville, Arkansas
USA
209 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  12:40:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ok ,Those that are already working with this company doing demos I have a question. How hard is it to request and be able to take a day off if needed? I have mixed feelings about taking a job if offered because of this.

Kelly M
Go to Top of Page

Kelly M
Valued Contributor

Clarksville, Arkansas
USA
209 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2009 :  12:34:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone heard from anyone yet about interviews etc for the next round of demos starting in March? I had interview in Dec for another store further away but me and the person interviewing me decided it might be best to wait till my very local store starts up.I hope I did not step on any toes, LOL

Kelly M
Go to Top of Page

Sherry
Valued Contributor

Port Clinton, OH
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2009 :  1:15:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Kelly,
I had heard earlier from a man who said that my area would be going into the third phase - which is Port Clinton, Ohio. I ended up calling another man who I know is the Supervisor in this area. He told me the store in my area would be added along with other stores in May. I could work at other stores but I am only 5 minutes away and I would rather not travel 2 to 4 days a week to the other stores. That is all I know for now. Hope this helps. just keep looking on the site for Crossmark in your area. Sherry

Sherry
Go to Top of Page

Sherry
Valued Contributor

Port Clinton, OH
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2009 :  1:32:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I got on the wrong forum. I thought this was Crossmark. My apologies to all. Sherry

Sherry
Go to Top of Page

TVaughn
Contributor

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2009 :  06:14:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got an offer to service some grocery stores on Mon/Tues/Thurs. doing Time Warner magazines and Millstone coffee. Does anyone know anymore about this job?

Terri
Go to Top of Page

Tanya L

NC
USA
38 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2009 :  6:33:14 PM  Send Tanya L an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work for Advantage Mon/Tues/Thurs. I do SuperFridge on Mon/Thurs and on Tues I do Time Warner and Millstone. Very easy work, pays good, and you get gas mileage. Very good company to work for. My DM, Diana is great also. Very seldom do you find a good DM anymore.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly M
Valued Contributor

Clarksville, Arkansas
USA
209 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  09:10:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone heard anything about the demos that are supposed to be starting up through ASM/Campaigners in May ? No one that I know including myself has heard one word since applying.

Kelly M
Go to Top of Page

Kelly M
Valued Contributor

Clarksville, Arkansas
USA
209 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  08:20:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone heard anything yet or know what might be going on? I have tried calling the number given on their website and it is a voice recording and whenI press 0 the way the site said to it goes right back and repeats the same Ole thing.Was wondering if any of you had applied for the May stores and have heard something back?

Kelly M
Go to Top of Page

Lyn_T
Contributor

Sunshine
USA
63 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2009 :  06:05:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I applied online thru Campaigners, http://www.campaigners.com/applywalmart/ .... which is the demo part of ASM and was called about 3 weeks later. The store I am now the lead in was in wave 3. Seems I am about the 3rd one they have hired. I have found out most of the ones applying are brand new to events and the turn around is great as it is not what they thought it would be. I suggest applying. I made it thru 1st phone interview was told I would be contacted within 24 hours by DSM... never happened so I contacted California back - was told position was filled - then BAM phone call out of the blue, person quit within a week.

So far great, my store is rural and doesn't have events every single day and this weekend only 1 running the 4 days. They are still rolling out stores. The carts etc arrived in the stores in January, just now getting to all of the stores.

There are still some other companies running certain events and renting the carts from ASM... .but those are few and far inbetween.
Go to Top of Page

K. Nichols

Jacksonville, FL
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  11:17:30 AM  Send K. Nichols an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have had similar situation. Leads continue to quit or are missing in action. No one at the stores knows what is going on, who the lead is supposed to be and the stores don't seem to want to be bothered with the whole mess or have a clue what is supposed to be happening. Takes so long to get a response from anyone, and very confusing. Is there another company that works at Walmart that we can try to get hired on by? Who are the other companies that use the new demo carts and do you know anything about them? I work for Mass Connections some of the time and they pay so much more and make it so easy to work. Seems like we have to do more than what we get paid for with Advantage.

K. Nichols
Go to Top of Page

Kelly M
Valued Contributor

Clarksville, Arkansas
USA
209 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  3:20:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has the "next" wave of stores started yet for the demos?My store was on the list for May but have heard nothing and was told store did not even know about event carts.So who knows. I was told May was the next wave.

Kelly M
Go to Top of Page

Lyn_T
Contributor

Sunshine
USA
63 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2009 :  03:56:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Crossmark and Advantage are the ones with the Wal Mart contract, depends on which area of the country you are in as to which one. I know they rent the general merchandise cart out to 3rd parties on certain events... but who I do not know as there are several agencies involved and they are few and in between. I also work for MC, but needed local work badly ... hence I applied with Advantage. Got to go where there is work ;) They pay quickly, every 2 wks with direct deposit which is great. pros and cons with every company.

Here in VA the one store I know of has not started yet in the last wave. If you have the phone number for Campaigners, try calling it as that is the demo division with ASM, or use the contact button here. http://www.campaigners.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kelly M
Valued Contributor

Clarksville, Arkansas
USA
209 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2009 :  08:36:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That is what I find frustrating,I cant talk to anyone.It is a voice message that takes you in circles.I have done what one email and info stated like pressing 0 but then it takes me back to the start of the message. UGH!!

Kelly M
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2009 :  4:51:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ummmm,

Aren't you forgetting about Acosta???

Their Gold team works at Wal-Marts. It is more Reset's and Merch'n no Demos.
Go to Top of Page

Sandra G.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2009 :  7:30:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Last year, I began doing assignments with RMX on an on-call basis. Then in February, Advantage called me about doing demos. At first, they told me that I would have to give up RMX, but I asked around in stores and discovered that there are reps doing both. When I inquired, I was told that I couldn't have more than 15 hours a week with RMX if I did the demos. I didn't even have 15 hours a month with them. Later, I was told that I needed to send in the new hire paperwork for Advantage once again because of my association with RMX, so I did that. Now I can't get on the RMX website, the assignments don't show up on the demo website, and I cannot locate the person who wanted the paperwork because her phone number changed, plus the HR department claims to have never heard of her. I know this is a big company. I left a message with someone in HR who has not responded. I had already deleted some of the emails of people wlho followed up with me about the new hire paperwork. I suppose I can fax a question to the number where I faxed the new hire paperwork, and I think I have the email address of the original person. I would like to continue to do those RMX assignments.

Sandra G.
Go to Top of Page

WendyG
Star Contributor

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2009 :  10:00:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I feel for you, I worked for Campaigners under the Epson program and RMX at the same time. I also worked for Advantage Sales a short time for a dedicated team for coffee. So actually I was working for all 3 companies at the same time, nothing was ever mentioned about 15 hours. Besides RMX pays by project most of the time, so there is no hourly rate. (Unless your doing a reset.

I found steady work with another company with a better wage than Advantage and no weekends like Campagners had. RMX had hardly any work available because they like to overhire for the area and let the reps fend for themselves to get work. I wanted to keep RMX because it is self-assign and it was so little work, it would not get in the way of my new position. When I quit Campaigners and Advantage Sales, they automatically removed me from the RMX side as well. As soon as my ID did not work on Natural Insight I contacted my District Manager. She sat on it for a week and then wrote back and told me I would need to go through the new hire process again because she could not reverse it. I went to her boss and he said that I must not like working for RMX so why would I be so concerned about getting back in. I never sent my notice in for RMX, there was no way that side of the company received a resignation notice.

After being treated that way, and the fact RMX still continues to overhire and you are always at mercy with Natural Insight if you get work or not, I decided not to reapply. It was a good decision, as the stress of trying to even work for RMX is not worth the hassle to me.

As far as Advantage goes, their wages tend to be a little on the low side, and Crossmark also hires for demos in Walmart depending on which area you are in.

So reps if you work for Campaigners or Advanatge and RMX, if you give notice it may affect your RMX status.

Wendy
Go to Top of Page

GaleLM

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2009 :  12:26:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I recently interviewed for a full time position with this company on the QTG sales team. Could anyone give me any information or input about this. Anyone work the Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade products??
Go to Top of Page

RepSusan
Valued Contributor

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2009 :  12:38:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello all! I was wondering if anyone has a direct number or an email address to a specific person with in the company of Advantage? I got an email today with an attachment for a job in my area. I have already found this job twice on job sites and filled out applications twice. I would like to speak to a person if at all possible, rather than fill out yet another app. Another question. This location listed would only have a Rite-Aid or a Dollar General for service. Anyone know what work might be done in these retail locations by Advantage?
TIA

Susan
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2009 :  5:10:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
O.K. Guys i need to ask a question or 2. I just got a call for a full time position,meaning 40 hours a week doing 63 stores every week total. The lady was very nice,but didn't know what the pay was,which i needed to know in order to know if i wanted to give up all my other accounts for this one. I asked if it was way over double digits(like 14 to 15) an hour,but she wasn't sure what it was. She said there would be a car allowance and a gas card. For those of you in the sales merchandiser positions i need to know do you like this company and the people you work for? Is there alot of paper work,computer work when you get home? Is what you get paid worth what you do(i know that sounds stupid)I will be calling her back first thing in the morning(she called at almost 5) when i was just getting back from one of my other accounts. I would really like to take the job,but i want to be sure. When i give up my other accounts i can't go back to them. Any help would REALLY,REALLY be appreciated!!

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums