Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2009 :  11:11:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was asked to apply with Advantage Sales and Marketing and I might have continued employment with working Special Events. Campaigners has been doing a few demos at my local Wal Mart at 2 out of 3 locations. The pay has beem $10 hr.for food sample demos.

1] MarketWide Advantage is a division of Retail Merchandising Xpress LLC. Associates of MWA are employees of MWA who support the Campaigners and Marketration division of ASM.

[2]Marketration and Campaigners are divisions of Advantage Sales & Marketing LLC.

[3]ASM Home Center/Hardware Division is a division of Kalty Salios Sales LLC and Retail Store Services LLC.

[4]Superfridge is a division of In-Store Opportunities, Inc ASM.

Did you gus get it?? Because I didn't..I just know that with all these companys merged into ONE I should get more work!!

I worked with Marketration for Special Events and if I got an Event to work, it was Special. I worked just 4-5 Events for them this year at Food 4 Less not Wal Marts. For a few Events they sent people from San Diego and Los Angeles to work the events and paid mileage and motels for their weekend events. The pay stayed the same $10 hr but the bonus money for higher sales decreased very much. Like a $5 donus for 40 and over sales in stead of the $20 when first hired.

Mary

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2009 :  3:47:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just talked to the careers department of ASM. Originally I was an IC for RMX, but with the transition I now work for ASM. I can log into ASM Connect and look for jobs, but I need my Supervisers permission to switch from one team to another. For example, I am part of the Retail Project Team and pick my assignments from Natural Insight, but if I want to work on the Retail Reset or Retail Sales Teams, then I must get permission from my Supervisor and apply on ASM CONNECTS. I just found this out this morning.

Karito
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
560 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2009 :  2:51:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Karito,How do you get 60 store done in 4 days? You must really be moving,especially with all the driving too. How many hours a day to you put in to get them done on time?

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2009 :  5:35:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kelly F, it was GaleLM that did the 60 stores in 4 days. Or maybe I misunderstood and she did 60 stores in 1 month...I think that she is an employee of a different division of the company. There is no way that I could do 60 stores in this area because we don't have as many stores as larger areas like Oly, Tacoma and Seattle...btw what areas do you merchandise in?

Karito
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
560 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2009 :  6:51:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Karito, Sorry about that. I think you're right about the other person. I go from Tacoma to Aberdeen to almost Centralia,just depends on the company that i'm doing the job for. I did get a call back from Advantage after i left 2 messages. I wanted to be sure what she said because i asked her twice during the first phone call. When i asked how could you get over 60 stores done in 1 week,she apologized and said it was 1 month to get them done. So i filled out the starting papers that she emailed. It will probably take several weeks to a month or longer to see if i have the job or not. Not sure how long it takes them to do the driving check and background check. I told her it will be boring for them,there's nothing exciting on either one of those and she laughed. So we'll see. I hope i'm offered the job after all is said and done. I've talked to several people who have come into some of the stores i work in and they LOVE working for Advantage. Some have been working for them for a number of years. This is why i would love to work for them,plus having the same route,knowing how much work you have,dealing with the same people etc.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2009 :  5:33:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
KellyF,
Good luck with the job, it will be nice to know that you have guranteed hours every week.
Your territory is north of where I am. I only do Centralia/Chehalis and surrounding areas at this point. In summer time I do Longview Kelso as well. We don't have a lot of stores here as you probably know, but I manage to keep working. This time last year I was working for ATA Retail and Mosaic in addition to several IC jobs, but now I just do IC. How many different companies do you work for as an employee?

Karito
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
560 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2009 :  8:21:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Karito. I work for 6 different companies. Only 3 have what you might call some what steady work. If i remember right 3 are as an employee. I only wanted to work for 1 main company,but it seems after i would ge hired the work would drop right off after a month or 2. 3 of them only have a job or two every 2 to 4 months. One company is 1 time a month,which will go back up to 1 long day each week come summer time doing sunglasses. One company i have work every week,about 5 hours. And the other company is 1 job a week which is just a hour job. But right now every $$ helps.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2009 :  10:49:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
KellyF, have you worked for or applied to Mosaic or ATA Retail? I worked for both for a year and really enjoyed the work. With ATA there were only two stores in my area, but it was a steady 3-4 hours a week servicing clip strips and j hooks, which was so easy. My other job was merchandising video games and pc games and video consoles, it was about 6-8 hours a week doing 1 store. The only reason why I quit was because I needed to take care of my mom part time and could no linger commit to certain days anymore.don't know if they have any openings but would be worth checking out if the Advantage thing doesn't work out for you.

Karito
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
560 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2009 :  7:08:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes i have applied at both of those months ago. I think there is probably someone around here who must do them because i have never gotten a call yet. Oh well,i'll keep applying until something happens. Thanks for the ideas tho,i appreciate it!

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
560 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2009 :  8:38:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
CETillman,Do you still work for Advantage? And if so after these 3 or 4 years,do you have a route? Do you still like the company? Thanks for any info!

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
560 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2009 :  12:25:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey KaritoWA, How many companies do you work for? Is it only Advantage? And are you on the demo part or the grocery part of Advantage? Do you like working for them?

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Beth Ellen

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2009 :  1:30:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do work for ASM. I have never done route work. I pick up jobs in my area if I get to it beofre someone else gets it when it is posted. I know 4 or 5 people here who do work for them. I too work for 6 companies and 4 are route work with steady accounts.

Beth Ellen
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
560 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2009 :  4:52:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Beth,that must be great to have steady route work. I would enjoy that,knowing how many hours a week i can count on.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2009 :  5:10:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kelly

Even when you have a route.....the hours are never the same, just the drive time and mileage. I may have one cycle 2 hours per store, and the next cycle maybe 30 mins. It all depends on what the client wants done. That may not be true for all routes, but it is my experience.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
560 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2009 :  5:21:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yep,you're right Maralyn. After i wrote that i was thinking of one of my stores i do every week. Sometimes 5 hours, sometimes less.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Beth Ellen

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2009 :  6:26:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes Maralyn is right. Some weeks it is more some less. At least I know I get a minimum time. I hate to depend on them though in this recession because things are always changing. That is why I always look to companies like ASM to add hours to my weeks...if lucky.

Beth Ellen
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2009 :  6:41:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The only company that I have done work for as of late is Advantage, but I am an IC not an employee and not in their demo division. I pick whats available from the dashboard. The other companies I am associated with I never see jobs..once in a while something from RQA as well.

Karito
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
560 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  8:56:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone do the Mars candy and Wrigleys account route? Would love some input on this.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Sam27
Trainee

Winchester, Virginia
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  4:47:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, I am a part time rep (@30 hours) for Mars and Wrigley. I was hoping to find someone to talk to too. If you would like, you can email me at malibusam@comcast.net as well.

Samantha Arbogast
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
560 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  7:42:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sweet! Thanks Sam27. I was hoping i would find someone. I was offered the job today and i accepted it,full time @40 hrs. Still working out the details and waiting for the formal papers from HR etc. The route is large,one account of 3 or 4 stores is 2.5 hrs away, one way. How do you like it? How long have you been doing the route? Are the front end 82 managers hard to deal with? My hiring manager is very nice and seems to care alot about her people and working with them,which is a large plus with me.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums