Printer Friendly

Previous Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Paige W.

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2008 :  04:25:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here is the link to apply for jobs with American Greetings: http://forms.amgreetings.com/Part-Time_Merchandiser_Application

The application will be sent to the manager in charge of your area.

I have not started work with them yet but was told that the starting pay is low, but if you have merchandising experience they will be able to request higher starting pay for you through AG headquarters.

I was also told that AG is servicing some Dollar Tree stores now.

Go to Top of Page

PattiCake51

Cookeville, TN
USA
46 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2008 :  06:17:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes and we have the Dollar Tree stores now and Dollar Generals in some areas. I have 5 myself.
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
514 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2010 :  04:49:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has any body worked or stile work for AG? this was my first job ever, started with them back in the early 90's, great job then, met some of the best people there, hubby lost his job as a chef (Country Club politics!) we started as a team and then moved on to resets, did our first road trip then (nights, UGH!)
They started cutting hours and stores so bad that I left, it was ok after all, I was tired of parents sending their kids in my department to keep themselves amused, especially after I just zoned it.
MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

DLampkin
Star Contributor

New York City, NY
USA
293 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2010 :  1:58:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just saw an ad for AG which says they only pay $10/hour, which is really disappointing. It says they also offer "monthly urban bonus pay." Anyone in NYC or another big city know what that bonus is or how it's calculated?

~~DLampkin~~
Go to Top of Page

DarlaR.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
127 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2010 :  4:15:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know the last reply on this topic was about 6 months ago but I just had an interview today with AG and if they start me out at $10 an hour I'm gonna freak out! The minimum wage here in Texas is like $7.25. I'm currently making $8.50 with Driveline so $10 an hour sounds pretty darn good to me!
Unfortunately the supervisor who interviewed me did not know what they started employees out at. He said it goes by experience and the experience is based on years not months...which would be my case.

So if anyone has an update on this subject, I would appreciate it. :)

Darla
Go to Top of Page

Judith S
Trainee

Pikeville, KY
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2011 :  08:02:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for AG during 2008-2009. I do not exactly remember the rate of pay, but one thing stands out in my mind. The most important thing my supervisor demanded that I do was stick to the amount of hours on my schedule. If I had two cartons of cards to place and was scheduled to work one hour, when that one hour was up then I was supposed to leave. I learned to pace myself. I would quickly zone, if I missed something I knew I would find it when I placed the new cards, then work the season section, then place new cards and make out order as I went. If you try to do each job individually, you cannot possibly complete it in one hour.

Judith Adkins-Spears, MSPA Gold - Video Shopper Certified - Author
"Success is simple. Do what’s right, the right way, at the right time."
~Arnold H. Glasgow
Go to Top of Page

Val2121
Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2011 :  08:47:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I there a way to tell WHERE they have openings available or do you just need to formally place an application on their website?

Thanks to all! :)
Go to Top of Page

CUporsky
Apprentice

East Stroudsburg, PA
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2011 :  3:21:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wondering if anyone has any new info on AG.

Christine
Go to Top of Page

MariaMia
Star Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
274 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2011 :  6:38:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I ususally run into AG vendors when I m instore doing my regular job. I know things are currently slow but this is the start of the holiday seasno and hours seem to be short. I have no other feedback ..sorry..Mia
Go to Top of Page

TinaKing
Star Contributor

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2013 :  11:58:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any recent feedback with American Greetings. I hoping I got the job with them and the pay is low but its steady work and regular.

Tina
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1691 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2013 :  1:13:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The only thing I know, it is difficult to pick up the huge boxes of product at Christmas time. The woman that did this had her daughter help her. Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

TinaKing
Star Contributor

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2013 :  8:59:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hmm I will be working in Walmarts. I always wished I never quit Halmark so was hoping this was similar. The DM here seemed really nice. And I was offered decent pay because I have experience. It it did seem low pay if you had to start out with the regular pay rate. I am excited and will keep everyone posted on how it goes.

Tina
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1691 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2013 :  06:09:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes AG pays the lowest of anyone. They do have many items available to purchase like shirts etc. Why did you quit Hallmark? I recall you loved that job. I do not have your email so I will post here.
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
693 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  02:56:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Advertised lowest pay rate = $7.30/hour. Of course, they say that you could get more based on experience or, get this, education...LOL.

See for yourself...

http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=American+Greetings+%28AG%29&l=

Go to Top of Page

AmyLH

TX
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2014 :  11:08:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any new info on this Company? What accounts do they service? Are they still a decent company?
Go to Top of Page

KimG
Star Contributor

Orlando, FL
USA
628 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2014 :  09:13:53 AM  Send KimG an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
When I click on that link above, an Indeed listing, the pay rate is listed as anywhere from $7.30 per hour to $10 per hour, depending on location.

Kim
silver certified njtwnf
Go to Top of Page

Dawn5515
Contributor

Zachary, Louisiana
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2014 :  7:56:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In my area they service CVS and Rite Aids. Most of the WM's here are Hallmark and AG has a small area they maintain. I know when I worked for HM the lady who did AG was making 7.50 an hour and had been with them for 8 years.

Dawn
MSPA Silver Certified
Merchandising
Store Audits & Recalls
Mystery Shopping
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2014 :  08:46:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This looks like an incredibly tedious job for the pay.

I have seen these reps in the stores for years. I want to say the average set must be 40 feet maybe bigger in some larger stores.

I don't think the pay structure has changed. But I have seen less merchandisers serving the card this year. Maybe the structure changed?

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Avery
Valued Contributor

Salida, Colorado
USA
180 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2017 :  2:42:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
[/maroon]I live in a small town in the mountains of Colorado and AG is advertising for a "Retail Merchandiser."

Does anyone have any information more current than three years ago? I'm concerned with the comment made about the weight of the boxes at holiday time -- my housemate could help me take boxes in and out of the house/garage/car, but he wouldn't be available at the store. Or does the merchandise get delivered to the store in the first place?

(As you can probably tell from the above, I have no merchandising experience; I did demos and mystery shopping when I lived in a larger metro area where those jobs were available.)
[/maroon]
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
465 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2017 :  5:09:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The merchandise is delivered to the stores. You just have to get it down from shelves and take out to the floor to stock. In my area the pay is just above min. wage.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums