Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Source Interlink Co. (formerly Chas Levy)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
702 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2013 :  9:04:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What new website CRC? (what's a CRC) I haven't noticed anything new about the website that you log into on Mars to report work. Is that the website that you mean?
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1136 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2013 :  07:02:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No I do not use Mars anymore. I have different accounts than you. I used to go to Natural Insight and login but now they have a huge website called CRC. It is confusing and even my DM is not sure how its works. I am not able to enter my drive time so she told me to forward the info to her and she replied that I should read the manual. Well she went over it with me on the phone and it didn't work for her either. I guess I will have to pursue getting paid another way. Hmmmmm. Hopefully I can read the manual and have it make sense. Calling CRC does no good.
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
702 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2013 :  08:33:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
One would have thought that if they launched a new website for reporting work and it's that complicated, that they would have had a conference/training call with all the reps and at the very least, trained the managers so they could help the reps learn to use it.
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2013 :  11:40:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work for several companies. None have given any training really worth a penny and no one really knows what is going on. In this industry, most people (at all rungs of the ladder) are merely winging it and they expect you to know everything with poor communication if any at all. This is the reality of merchandising today and this is the way retail in general has worked for decades now. Training is too costly, margins are worse than paper thin and competition is super-duper, mega, ultra fierce an dthe market is completely and utterly ultra saturated.

Simply put, it's a joke, to say the least. That is putting it mildly, yet realistically.
Go to Top of Page

Lin

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2013 :  12:05:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think they should properly train people. That is why retail store
employees act the way they do. They don't want to help you, ignore you, not friendly and have a chip on their shoulder. Several years ago I was in a grocery store and I had an instant scratch off ticket.
The woman behind the counter saw me, but ignore me. When I took
my keys and tap on the counter she became nasty toward me. I was ready to explode. I went to the company's website and complain about her.
I threw away the store's preferred card and never shop there again.
If she doesn't want to help people why work in customer service?
Go to Top of Page

Dawn5515
Contributor

Zachary, Louisiana
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2013 :  11:03:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got my first assignment from Source....fingers crossed it goes well! I am excited!

Dawn
MSPA Silver Certified
Merchandising
Store Audits & Recalls
Mystery Shopping
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1136 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2013 :  06:21:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dawn, so what is your job with Source?
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2013 :  5:50:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They now own Retail Marketing professinals (RMP).
I received a phone call from Source interlink asking me if I wanted to transfer over to source interlink.Had to fill out new hire paperwork and an application. Who knows if I'll get any work from them as they already have several reps. in my area.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
702 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2013 :  6:54:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sue A

They now own Retail Marketing professinals (RMP).
I received a phone call from Source interlink asking me if I wanted to transfer over to source interlink.Had to fill out new hire paperwork and an application. Who knows if I'll get any work from them as they already have several reps. in my area.

Wow. More mergers. What kind of merch jobs did RMP have? Were they nation wide?
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1136 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2013 :  12:20:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dawn5515

I just got my first assignment from Source....fingers crossed it goes well! I am excited!

Dawn, what will you do for Source?
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2013 :  5:09:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They were nationwide.
They did resets,pop placement,audits,cutins,etc.
Most of the jobs were one time, they did have some that were monthly.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Dawn5515
Contributor

Zachary, Louisiana
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2013 :  3:24:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
McBarb,
I will be doing DVD's CD's and magazines for Rite Aid. I actually was trained today and found it pretty easy and straightforward. The lady who came up to train me was super nice and told me to call her if I need anything....I have her on speed dial...lol!

Dawn
MSPA Silver Certified
Merchandising
Store Audits & Recalls
Mystery Shopping
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1136 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2013 :  04:33:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote

Good luck with your new job.
Go to Top of Page

KrisInLuck
Contributor

Luck, WI
USA
77 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2013 :  06:16:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Big Sue

Anyone know what their starting pay is? Do you ever get a raise? How is the compensation for drive time/mileage?

Sue, I was hired about three months ago for a 2.5 job weekly near my home. Within three weeks, I took on another 4 hours in one store and 7 hours in another store. I get paid drivetime from store to store, but I live in the boonies and it's a long drive. I'm currently covering a third store almost as far away as the one they added, but in the other direction. My DM is awesome, and the pay is quite helpful!

Kris...in Luck, WI
Merchandising in West Central WI and East Central MN
Go to Top of Page

AmyLH

TX
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2014 :  12:48:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any new info for this company? What stores do they service other than Rite Aid and Tractor Supply?
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
383 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2014 :  5:13:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My S-I-L in Cal. does books at Kmart.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
702 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2014 :  2:09:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wish I knew what was going on with this company. We weren't allowed to service the CDs and DVDs this month at all in Rite Aid out here and that hurt my income. I hope we are not losing that account. I don't do the books and mags, too heavy for me. I have been waiting a year for them to get some other projects or some other lines to service and it hasn't happened. I have no idea why there is no growth or expansion at this company. It's not like there are not competitive pay wise since they don't pay that great to begin with.
Go to Top of Page

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2014 :  07:51:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue, I got return labels to send back all DVD product in 2 stores this week. Sounds like at least these 2 stores are getting out of the business. I believe the one already sent back a bunch of stuff but I still need to check with them.
Go to Top of Page

Dawn5515
Contributor

Zachary, Louisiana
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2014 :  3:39:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue,
The way it works here is we do a DVD/CD pull every other month with the Mag visit or at least that's what had been happening since August. I pulled in December and haven't been notified for this month. I just finished my monthly visits so I really hope I don't have to go back and do them again.

Amy- We service all the CVS' and Rouse's supermarkets here as well as the RA's and TSC.

Dawn
MSPA Silver Certified
Merchandising
Store Audits & Recalls
Mystery Shopping
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
702 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2014 :  10:48:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dawn5515

Sue,
The way it works here is we do a DVD/CD pull every other month with the Mag visit or at least that's what had been happening since August. I pulled in December and haven't been notified for this month. I just finished my monthly visits so I really hope I don't have to go back and do them again.

Amy- We service all the CVS' and Rouse's supermarkets here as well as the RA's and TSC.

I was only allowed to pull returns one time that were old National Music Rack product (and even then they wouldn't let me return all of it- just some of it) way last year like in May when I started with them.

Otherwise we never pull anything. The stuff off the A frames or seasonal stuff we pull and give to the stores to send back to their DC so we don't even do that, that often. We put out the Christmas product out and the new A frame product 4 months ago now. So I have no idea what the heck is going on.

I emailed my supervisor and she claims she doesn't know anything either. It's a mess. I was really counting on servicing the stores this month because my other jobs are so slow still this month and last month and since the holidays. I just hope we aren't losing the job. I just know when things like this start to happen, they cancel service and claim not to know anything, that it's never a good sign.

I still have no idea why they never seem to ever get any other ongoing merch work or even project work either.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums