Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Home Design Alternatives (HDA)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

TMarieOl
Trainee

Minneapolis, MN
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2004 :  06:37:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone have any information on this company - payment issues, job instructions, etc. Any comments would be appreciated.
tmarieol

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3065 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2004 :  1:16:44 PM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have ads on NARMS:
A part-time position to service book and/or magazines in Home Improvement Centers.

HDA, Inc.
reps@hdainc.com

look at http://www.hdainc.com/ for corporate info.
Go to Top of Page

LauraS007
Apprentice

Vista, CA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2004 :  6:00:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
HDA is a great company to work for. They provide great training and are always there when you need help. They pay twice a month provided you get your invoices to them in time. I service two stores for them taking care of magazines and books. I put out books and magazines once a week and do a mag return then. We also do resets twice a year. I am in California and everyone I deal with is helpful, knowledgeable and sincere. I have been coming to this site for two years but never registered until now so I could answer this. I was one of the not too bright people who paid a company to get to this site!
Go to Top of Page

AmityA
Contributor

Alvin, Texas
USA
73 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2005 :  6:31:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work for this company part time and have no complaints-- great company wonderful people super easy work and paperwork. I wouldnt hesitate to recommend them to anyone!

Would love to get enough stores to be fulltime with them even though you are independent contractors only.

Amity
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth36
Star Contributor

Greenville, NC
USA
566 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2006 :  06:47:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got hired and my DM is coming up Thursday to spend 4 hours training with me. So far I am impressed. Will let you know what I think after training!

Elizabeth
Shopping Greenville NC and surrounding areas!
I WANT MORE MERCHANDISING WORK! Call me, ok?
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth36
Star Contributor

Greenville, NC
USA
566 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2006 :  05:12:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well training was long and tiring but good! Seems they recently had a couple of big work orders and since they haven't had anyone in my area we had to get them done yesterday. I think when we get things straight in my stores I am really going to enjoy the job. I like the fact they actually come and train you. As a matter of fact, my DM is coming back next week to help me get the other store in my area caught up!

Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

LaurieM
Apprentice

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2006 :  5:44:51 PM  Visit LaurieM's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was hired by this company to supposedly service two craft stores here in central Canada. I was sent a Vendor vest and ID. I was sent an Independent Contractor Agreement and personal contract to sign and return, which I did. Then, the area rep phoned to tell me that this company ran into obstacles with crossing the border with their product and had decided to go with a third party Canadian merchandising company. I was asked if my name could be forwarded to this company. I agreed. Big deal. I have worthless signed contracts, a vendor vest and an ID badge and no job.
Go to Top of Page

Gail-V
Valued Contributor

New Haven, CT
USA
108 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  1:33:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Great to know.
I just picked up 3 Stores from them, so all looks good.
Thanks

Gail M Volta
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth36
Star Contributor

Greenville, NC
USA
566 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  7:31:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gail- Yes this is a great company! The work is/can be hard but my DM is WONDERFUL and always available! They pay like clock work and so far things have been great! I hope you enjoy them as much as I have!

Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

ChristinaCamacho
Apprentice

Modesto, CA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  09:37:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can anyone tell me if I am suppost to apply as an order filler for the merchandising position on their site?

Christina
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth36
Star Contributor

Greenville, NC
USA
566 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  3:07:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The Order Filler listed on their website is for the warehouse in their home city I believe, filling the orders from the merchandisers. I found the merchandising job through a posting on NARMS. I do not believe they post on their website for merchandiser positions. You could always check the customer service link for a contact and inquire about it.

Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

JaniceinFL

Florida
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2006 :  3:37:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have any recent feedback or experience with this company?
I am told that they just picked up the contract to do Michaels Arts & Crafts stores (books & magazines) and they also do Lowe's stores as well. I have done a lot of merchandising work, but none of it in home improvement stores or craft stores.

I did merchandise books briefly for another company and found it too be very "labor intensive" work.

I'd like to hear your experience with this company.
Thanks in advance!
Go to Top of Page

JanieWilson
Contributor

atlanta, georgia
USA
57 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2006 :  4:57:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is similar to the magazine job with Lawrence merchandising. The pay was the same also.
Go to Top of Page

JennyT.OH
Valued Contributor

OH
USA
119 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  06:58:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
HDA currently has an opening in my area. Can anybody give any current feedback on this company?

Always looking for great companies to work for in the SW OH, SE IN and Northern KY areas!
Go to Top of Page

KimHarris
Valued Contributor

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  07:05:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are great. The pay is also very good. I worked for them back in the summer. I worked in 2 Lowes. They have great training, everything about the company was good. I wasnt able to keep the job because of the hours. With my schedule, I have to be very flex. The stores I had, we had to work 2 times a week (about 4 hours each). If my schedule had worked I would still be with them. If the schedule fits you I would go with them them. Also the job is not has hard as other companies. Its less physical work.

Kim
Go to Top of Page

Shannie
Apprentice

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2007 :  05:52:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
HDA is a fantastic company! Lots of communication to the field reps!!! DM is available to help and answer questions any time! Company has direct deposit available now. Never any pay issues, always on time, always right amount. I love, love, love working for them!! They even sent all the field reps a gift at the holidays!
Go to Top of Page

DonnaShopsSC
Contributor

Columbia, MO
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2007 :  7:19:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got hired with this company. I received the paperwork but no where on it does it state how much mileage I will be paid and if I will be paid for my travel time. I also don't see anything about paying for office supplies (paper, ink).

I am calling them back tomorrow but was wondering what you all are being paid- travel time, mileage, office supplies or nothing but the hourly rate????

Thanks for any help
Donna

Donna
Merchandising/Shopping in Columbia, Missouri
Go to Top of Page

Susan Gayle
Apprentice

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  06:34:21 AM  Visit Susan Gayle's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work for them. It's a good company and I really like the work. No payment issues. They make your job & reporting easy. I just wish they'd give me more stores. You should ask your DM about the pay & mileage etc. I wasn't too excited about the Christmas gifts though, a feather duster, HDA shirt and a box cutter. I guess it's the thought that counts. Certified gave me a DVD.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

Dawnann

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  05:27:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For those of you who work for HDA, what do you think about the new reporting system?
Go to Top of Page

DonnaShopsSC
Contributor

Columbia, MO
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2008 :  3:43:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is just a standard web based system. I do not see why people are having a problem with it.
I accept all my jobs AND tasks to be completed by Friday.
When I get home from the job, I put in the info including the task info.

The only thing I don't like about this company is the lack of communication and the angry emails that are sent to everyone including the employees that are doing a good job.

Donna
Merchandising/Shopping in Columbia, Missouri
Go to Top of Page

Dawnann

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2008 :  4:32:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The website is okay I guess. I can't see why it won't add up the base hours plus the tasks and give you a total for each call. If it can add them up to generate the pay it can certainly add them up in the new "view calendar". It's no big deal to do it in my head, but I shouldn't have to.

I agree about communication and angry emails. The Hot Topics newsletter sometimes is very repetitous, too, as if we're children.

I'm sure some people need this but I'm sure the majority of us GET IT now about signing the logs or similar things we've been drilled with. Leave out the weekly harping, and directly email the reps who just can't get what they're supposed to be doing on a weekly basis. Or better yet, if they really can't follow simple directions, find reps who can. If they're trying to explain this stuff to new reps, have a separate document for new reps so we don't have to read/print this stuff over and over. I personally clip out what I don't need and only print what I want to take to the store from the Hot Topics.

I can and do compare their newsletter with one from another company I work for. It has some instruction and what's upcoming and new, but as a whole it praises the reps for keeping up the good work. It explains things as if we are adults who will understand, makes it sound as if they're confident we'll do a good job, and I always feel positive after reading it. I think they get much better behavior from the reps because they're made to feel they're doing well and treated as professionals.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums