Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NJOlga
Contributor

NJ
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2004 :  12:39:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone ever worked for LRA Worldwide, who now is doing mystery shopping at the local airports in the NYC area? There was an Associated Press article in my local paper and I followed it to this website. The article lists several of their clients, so apparently they have no problem knowing "who shops whom."

http://www.lraworldwide.com

Shopping NJ for 7 years ~ Gold Certified in Washington, DC 2003

Paula Kutka
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1671 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2004 :  1:35:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I didn't see an on-line application on their web-site though for shoppers. I only saw a Director of Human Resources email.

Paula
Gold Certified shopping the Houston/Galveston area and IAH Airport since 2002
Go to Top of Page

Cath
Star Contributor

USA
703 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2004 :  11:48:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hadn't heard of them until today. Their fact sheet says they have been in business for quite some time.

MSPA "Go To Shopper" 2006
MSPA Gold Certified, July 2003.
MSPA Gold Certified Shoppers Panel, Washington, DC, November 7, 2003.
Specializing in hotels, resorts and restaurants since 2002.
Go to Top of Page

Bri-in-CA
Valued Contributor

Ukiah, CA
USA
224 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2006 :  4:30:24 PM  Visit Bri-in-CA's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I checked their site & it seems there still isn't any application form. Does anyone know how to apply to their company? Thanks.

Silver certified & shopping Sonoma, Napa, Mendocino & Lake counties
Go to Top of Page

.Xavier
inactive

Stamford, CT
USA
36 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2007 :  8:48:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just did a search for them too. Does anyone know who schedules for them or anything?

Gold certified. Willing to travel up to 60 miles for the right shop.
Go to Top of Page

Paula Kutka
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1671 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2007 :  6:44:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They don't use mystery shoppers like other companies do. They have inside staff that does the shopping and the shopping also includes training.

Paula
Gold Certified shopping the Houston/Galveston area and IAH Airport since 2002
Go to Top of Page

JillL
Contributor

FL
USA
80 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  6:14:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm confused... I posted to this thread yesterday, asking if there was recent feedback. I think one other person posted after me - I saw the name as the last one to post in the forum list, but when I went to read ... the last post was from KSSLorri back in 1/07. Not sure if I made a posting faux pas and it was removed, or there's something weird w/ Volition

in SoFla

Jill
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

Cath
Star Contributor

USA
703 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2007 :  10:34:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jill, I think (but am not positive) that when someone goes in and edits their post, their name may show up as the last post. So perhaps what you saw was someone editing their post and not really a new post/response.
While I haven't worked directly with this firm, I have done work through one of their scheduling firms. I had the opportunity to speak with one of LRA's staff members and he was extremely helpful, upbeat and had a positive attitude.
Go to Top of Page

Debbo
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
267 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2008 :  2:57:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Recent press release from LRA Worldwide:
http://www.pr.com/press-release/73844

Debra
MSPA Shopper of the Year 2009
Video shopping in the Carolinas and throughout the US
Go to Top of Page

EricNY
Contributor

Long Island, NY
USA
63 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2010 :  08:27:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been receiving some emails from time to time from Coast to Coast about shops on LRA. Does anyone have any recent experience with LRA? I do not see a new entry on this board in a long time!! Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Eric
MSPA Gold Certified and shopping NY/NJ
Go to Top of Page

DeniseHazel
Contributor

IL
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2010 :  3:42:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EricNY

I have been receiving some emails from time to time from Coast to Coast about shops on LRA. Does anyone have any recent experience with LRA? I do not see a new entry on this board in a long time!! Thanks in advance for any help!!!

I signed up with one company and they had me sign up with LRA in order to prepare my report. Other than that, I have never received anything from LRA itself. I receive posts, etc. from the initial company and it was for a hotel shop.l

Denise Hazel
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1877 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2011 :  09:52:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm signed up on their Sassie site: http://www.sassieshop.com/2LRA/shoppers/LoginShopper.norm.php

But I never see jobs posted. They have a client that I'd be perfect for, and I'm wondering if anyone has actually cracked the mystery of how to shop for them.

“Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” Tacitus
Go to Top of Page

Sandie_CA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2011 :  5:02:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm wondering the same thing. I have never seen a job posted. Does anybody work for LRA on a regular basis?

Sandie * MSPA Gold
I have video equipment and love route shopping.
Go to Top of Page

RonMinNJ
Star Contributor

Burbank, CA
USA
399 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2017 :  10:03:47 PM  Send RonMinNJ an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi there... Thirteen years later!
I found an offering on Jobslinger Plus from a company named LRA Deloitte. Are they related to LRA Worldwide? They have a super high paying restaurant shop in LA. I wanted to say I never heard of them...but somehow I signed up with them in 2007. I never worked for them and don't ever recall seeing an email from them. Here is the link to their Sassie sign up or log in... http://www.sassieshop.com/2LRA/index.norm.php

anyone have info???

Class room trained and Silver certified with more than 1800 successfully completed shops since 1999!
Go to Top of Page

JAngler64
Valued Contributor

Philadelphia, PA
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2017 :  1:34:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
LRA is now part of the global firm Deloitte. They have a mystery shopping division, and sometimes work with other MSP to get shops done, as well as have small teams for other projects that get entered on the Sassie platform.

Jeff
MSPA Gold Certified aacxgi
Shopping Eastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, NY to Washington, DC
Go to Top of Page

Bob Engleman
Star Contributor

Dayton, OH
USA
363 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2017 :  8:53:16 PM  Visit Bob Engleman's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thinking I had found a new MSC with whom to apply, I accessed their page only to learn I had been accepted 10 1/2 yrs. ago. It was another case of never having heard from a company. Last month, there was another dating from 2003 that had never contacted me.

Bob
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums