Previous Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

HeatherShell

Fayetteville, GA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  12:13:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can tell you that 90% of OTC medicine is made by one of a few companies and just relabeled. Check it out...look for "Cumberland Swan, or Perrigo on the boxes.

Heather
Go to Top of Page

JosInFL

Orlando, FL
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2007 :  04:21:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work in manufacturing and I can tell you that there is a lot of play in the "water" and other ingredients in the products you buy. So I have no doubt some products are the same (I mean what can you do to plain rice or plain beans. But spices are different and a company can save big money, even millions on leaving out just a bit of spice in your product. Or cream. But milk is milk and I will buy a local brand over a big name brand if I know that the dollars end up going back to our economy.
Go to Top of Page

HeidiS
Valued Contributor

Toledo, OH
USA
143 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2007 :  8:05:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Meijer brand has some great food products. I can't tell you how many people I know that buy them and swear there is no difference. I actually like their frozen self rising pizza better then the name brands. My son begs me to buy those instead of the Digorno.

I buy most of my meds generic. I have a sister and two aunts that are nurses and they swear there is no difference. So I buy Target and Walmart brands a lot.

Heidi, No longer new but always willing to learn more!
Go to Top of Page

JuanitaJ
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2013 :  2:15:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any meds that I can get in generic, I buy generic. I have one that I cannot get in generic in the USA and my insurance company fights me every time I need a refill (it's expensive). So I started ordering it from a Canadian company. They have it in generic. It worked exactly the same. The name brand in the USA is $450 per month, it's $40 for three months from Canada.

I buy a lot of store brands and find that most of them are as good or better than the name brands. There are a few exceptions though. I have yet to find a really good store brand of soup.

Juanita
MSPA Gold Certified
Happily shopping the Houston, TX area.
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
Star Contributor

Philadelphia, PA
USA
274 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2013 :  4:14:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think I would have a harder time finding a brand name I would "have" to have! Everything in my house is generic as long as I can get it gluten free.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums