Previous Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Mariuche

Wantagh, Ny
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2011 :  04:56:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
A great company with good pay. They pay on time and are fair.

MA
Go to Top of Page

Rhonda Straw

Independence, MO
USA
33 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2011 :  05:02:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is just top secret stuff. I know how HIPAA investigations work. You never know where you are going until a few days before. Then you are sworn to secrecy. I talked to Jill yesterday, the scheduler, and she said she'd email me. She said she'd add the audit today, if it's not added by tonight, then to call her (a third time?) I like to know in advance where I am going. As I do have a regular job, and I took off for it to do this.

Rhonda L. Straw~silver Certified, Kansas City
Go to Top of Page

John MrBeth
Valued Contributor

Mount Laurel, NJ
USA
177 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2011 :  4:56:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did several of these.
If you're dumpster diving bring the following:
light weight step ladder
a light weight folding table so you don't have to work on the ground
gloves
long sleeves and a hat; you may be outside for a while
I jury-rigged a long pole with a hook to prevent actually going into the dumpsters.
wet wipes to clean yourself up afterwards.
any further questions let me know...

John
Southern NJ
Professional Couple
Both Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Rhonda Straw

Independence, MO
USA
33 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2011 :  6:09:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I forgot to update this. I am going to be doing these for 2 days in a row. I spoke with the scheduler, and am going to receive a call from the main auditor. I will wear long sleeves, a hat, and I have green galoshes. I will throw in a step ladder, and a small table. Good idea. I hope we are paid within 3 weeks for it. I'll post an update. The scheduler was great.

Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
913 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2011 :  1:31:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did the dumpster dives last year and again last week. I had no trouble being paid last time and don't expect an issue this time either. If they have more in my area, I'll do them as well. I find them perversely fun, never mind that they have decent pay. I feel both dismayed and vindicated when I find things we're looking for that shouldn't be there.

Both times, the crew I worked with had protective gear, including goggles and gloves. The stores usually have the ladder, so I didn't take one. If you can wear long sleeves, more power to you. It's too hot here, I'd have passed out. I was already drenched in sweat with the short-sleeved, lightweight shirt and jeans. (This time, I took a clean shirt to change into after the last audit so the drive home wasn't in sweaty clothes. The last location of the day was an hour away, though, so I wouldn't have bothered if it were local.) The table is a good idea, though, as long as you don't mind how filthy it might be. My back did get a little achy from all the bending.

One job last year was in a dodgy part of town, and I found some guy's wallet that had been tossed after he was mugged. As it had family photos and such in it, I'm assuming he was pleased it was located.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

Rhonda Straw

Independence, MO
USA
33 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2011 :  1:44:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a blast. I'm supposed to do this tomorrow. No call from the main auditor where I'm to meet her. No time given. Just schedule. I finally called the scheduler, and I said, "I've been waiting 3 days for this call, and I have a class tonight. I am going. I might miss the main auditor's call. She'll have to leave me a message. I don't know if I should go or not." It's yoga/pilates. I didn't go Saturday. Am scheduled tonight. This is craziness. I like to atleast plan something, and know what time I am going.

Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
913 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2011 :  1:52:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Are the locations and times not on your sassie log? You have to log into it to report your time and mileage, and if the job is tomorrow, you should have the full address on there now.

http://www.sassieshop.com/2crs/shoppers/LoginShopper.norm.php

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

Rhonda Straw

Independence, MO
USA
33 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2011 :  6:35:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's there, I saw it, and I finally spoke to the scheduler, but not to the main auditor. I found out where I am to be, and what time tomorrow.I'm kind of excited, in a weird sort of way. I do HIPAA audits all the time, but nothing like this.

Go to Top of Page

Rhonda Straw

Independence, MO
USA
33 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2011 :  5:59:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had protective gear, kind of like a hasmat suit, gloves, and I wore green galloshes. They are snake bite proof, so all the better. But, it was hot. I had a necklace on (my bad,) it broke, gone. it was from my son, found one on Amazon when I got home promptly ordered it. I removed all of my jewelry, I should've thought of that before i left this morning.

I am too short for the dumpsters, so I'm taking a step stool and a step ladder tomorrow, extra water, and I have 4 or 5 Dumpster dives to do tomorrow. It is so hot. Needless to say, I am exhausted. I had to take off my regular 8 hour job to do this. But one should try everything once. Man I hope they pay like you guys say. I didn't think of that, when I took the job. I think I like working from home doing chart audits better than dumpster diving.

Go to Top of Page

NinaNY
Contributor

Westchester County, NY
USA
87 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2011 :  08:16:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonda Straw
But one should try everything once. Man I hope they pay like you guys say. I didn't think of that, when I took the job. I think I like working from home doing chart audits better than dumpster diving.

Rhonda, you're a trooper! And you're right, you'll never know if you like something (or don't like it) unless you try it. The heat must be killer!

I wouldn't worry about payment from this company. In my dealings with them they are on top of things.

Hope today is cooler.

Nina
Silver & Gold certified. Shopping the Tri-State & wherever else my two wheels take me...
Go to Top of Page

Rhonda Straw

Independence, MO
USA
33 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2011 :  07:04:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hayed it. It was over 120 degrees in the white suit. I tried to stay hydrated. I hurt my wrist flinging trash. Not worth 25.00 an hour. I'll take my regular 19.00 an hour job any day. I'm still sore from it, and mad about loosing the necklace my son gave me. Seriously, I'm thinking about going back to the site to find it, but I ordered one from Amazon, that's a cleaner way of getting it back. One trash was covered with maggots, and I nearly fell into it. On the last day, I spent nearly 10 hours in the white suit. The heat was unbearable. I almost walked away from it, but I took off my own job to do it, and will need the pay.

Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
913 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2011 :  06:27:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow, my experiences were not at all like that. I had flies, gnats, and roaches, but not maggots. Blech. I only wore gloves and my own (ok, my son's) army boots. The first time, I had to wear the goggles over my glasses, but I talked my way out of them for the others because they kept steaming up from the heat and humidity so I couldn't see anything. I was offered protective gear but they did not seem to mind that I declined it. That sounds horrific.

I'm so sorry about your necklace. Replacements can look the same but the emotional attachment is much different.

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2011 :  5:02:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
LOL, Sandi. How is fies, gnats and roaches any better than maggots?

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Rhonda Straw

Independence, MO
USA
33 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2011 :  5:46:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The necklace isn't my issue with it, I will love the one I get as much as the one he gave me...the problem is: I sprained my wrist flinging trash, and I don't like having an immobile hand. I know exactly when I did it, when I felt the ligaments stretch. But I didn't say anything. it was already miserable enough. With the OCR guy there auditing us...

I didn't see any roaches. It was kind of funny, cause I talked for a couple of days, how I went into the trash, how you can drive over to the local pharmacy and the trash is behind there. How you need a step stool and a step ladder. I think I adapted to dumpster diving. Now I'm just sitting around with an elastic bandage, or ice. Way to get out of pilates, huh? I had no idea how much a compression bandage actually works. I'm a nurse, and have broke bones before, but never sprained a muscle.

Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
913 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2011 :  7:36:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Flies and gnats are simply annoying. Living in Florida, I got over roaches and palmetto bugs a LONG time ago. Either ignore them or step on them (without thinking of Vincent D'Onofrio from Men in Black) and move on. No biggee. Maggots are squirmy, nasty little things that gross me out. I know they just grow up to be the annoying flies, but they seem so much nastier to me.

Now if I'd seen a rat, I'd probably have tried to trap it. rat = food for son's pet snake at my house.

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

Rhonda Straw

Independence, MO
USA
33 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2011 :  06:50:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are slow to pay. I even emailed them,and they are so slow. I'm still out of 2 days from 2 weeks ago. I am thinking I should've done my regular job....never again.

Go to Top of Page

Bob Engleman
Valued Contributor

Dayton, OH
USA
207 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2011 :  08:31:11 AM  Visit Bob Engleman's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
At the time, I was somewhat disappointed I wasn't accepted for the dumpster jobs, especially since I have an excellent record with CRS over a 5 yr. period. After reading the above, and considering the assignments were during the worst heat wave in my area since 1940, I rejoice I was passed over.

On another note: I have never had a speck of payment problems with this MSC.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
913 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2014 :  4:34:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone work for them lately?

--Sandi
Go to Top of Page

John MrBeth
Valued Contributor

Mount Laurel, NJ
USA
177 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2014 :  5:54:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do more work for them than any other MSC. Never had a problem.

John
Southern NJ
Professional Couple
Both Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Bob Engleman
Valued Contributor

Dayton, OH
USA
207 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2014 :  4:22:16 PM  Visit Bob Engleman's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've completed 20 assignments for this MSC over the yrs., with an average payment time on 19 of approx. 26 days. The remaining job was paid in 24 minutes and that's not a typo. My only regret is that the 20 isn't 2000, as their pay scale has been far above average on my end.

Bob
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums