Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

FredSB

Massachusetts
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2004 :  03:18:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
ATA has offered me a part time job doing clip strips in grocery stores. I was wondering if you have worked for them and how they are as a company. I am finally leaving the magazine merchandising thing so I hope I am not jumping into the "frying pan"!

Thanks in advance...

LetyMarycela

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2004 :  1:30:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I used to work with them about 6 yrs. ago in the San Francisco bay area. They are a pretty good company however, when I used to work for them they used to send the product (that is put on clipstrips)to your home. I know someone who works for them now that the product is dropped shipped to the store accounts directly. You might have to check in the product but compared to the magazines it is much better.

p.s. I used to do the magazines too.

Go to Top of Page

FredSB

Massachusetts
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2004 :  2:37:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't mind if it is sent to the stores, I don't mind checking in product. You must know if you did mags that it gets to be a bit much in the overkill department - I am sure they could not meet the quantities in clip strips
Go to Top of Page

CindyJ_MerchRep
Trainee

CO
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  9:32:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
ATA called me about doing work in local grocery stores. Can anyone out there give me recent information about the company? Sounds like clip strip work, every other week, and about 2 hours a store. Would like to hear from other merch reps before I call them back. Is it easy to find the product and where it is to be placed? Does the product come to the store or to your home? What kind of relationship does ATA have with the grocery stores? Is pay reliable and on time? I would appreciate any other information you think would be helpful. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

JaniceinFL

Florida
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2006 :  12:20:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cindy,

I worked for this company for a very short time. It was not my cup of tea.
For one thing, you are given a set amount of time per store (this varies by store) although I did not stay on very long, it seemed like it was impossible to complete the job, and do it well, within the limited amount of time they gave you.
I actually knew the previous merchandiser in my area, and she comfirmed that too, you could not get overtime either, once you are out of your "training period".
In my opinion this is a tedious job too, and it also involves setting and doing re-sets on the "power panels" in the store which are the metal wings that hold the products- these are time consuming.
I did get my checks on time.

This was just my experience, as usual "Your milage may vary".
Go to Top of Page

Connie23

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  05:26:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been called for an interview with this company. Does anyone have any updated info, i.e., what is the pay? Also, do you get raises? How often? What is the going rate for mileage? TIA.
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2090 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  7:56:30 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I spoke with a recruiter today in my area. I hope things go well, and I make it to phase two.

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

HeatherShops
Star Contributor

Lake Placid, NY
USA
277 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2006 :  12:18:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
try to keep track of your hours and check your paycheck. They still owe me money...several checks have been incorrect and they never call you back if you do call payroll.
Go to Top of Page

JennyT.OH
Valued Contributor

OH
USA
119 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  03:43:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any recent feedback on this company? Who is still working for them and who is not and why?

Always looking for great companies to work for in the SW OH, SE IN and Northern KY areas!
Go to Top of Page

HeatherShops
Star Contributor

Lake Placid, NY
USA
277 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  08:08:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had to quit cuz my pay checks were wrong a lot and the job is not easy. My DM was not good at helping me and kept dumping more stores on me without any assistance. It took me a few months to get paid for putting up an order. On this one occasion the GM manager of the store I worked kept telling me to check in every item but that is the store's responsibility and not ours, so I didn't do what she said and she held my paperwork to get paid and ATA did nothing to help me get paid. The Store manager finally gave me the paperwork to get paid. Watch your pay checks to see what they are paying you for!!!! As a matter of fact they still owe me money for tape I bought to hold the packages together. I was told I would be reimbursed and never was. That was my DM also as she said she would send me a form and never did.
Go to Top of Page

RebeccaS
Contributor

St. Cloud, MN
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  12:14:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I met a lady today in the store while I was doing DVD's, she was doing the books and she said she also worked for ATA doing the clip strips. She seemed alright with it.
Didn't know about this forum.

Rebecca ~ Merchandising and mystery shopping in the St. Cloud, Monticello, and Buffalo areas
Go to Top of Page

Kat in Texas

Fort Worth, TX
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  2:30:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What is their pay scale like? Thanks in advance.
Go to Top of Page

JennyT.OH
Valued Contributor

OH
USA
119 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2007 :  4:38:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In my area I was offered $9.00 an hour. I did not take the job due to the pay.

Always looking for great companies to work for in the SW OH, SE IN and Northern KY areas!
Go to Top of Page

HeatherShops
Star Contributor

Lake Placid, NY
USA
277 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2007 :  5:58:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got $25 to do an order but that did not work out at all so I went to hourly and that did not work out either. My DM said she would do this and that but didn't. I got fed up and quit. Do not miss the job at all.
Go to Top of Page

Min

Portland, OR
USA
24 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  5:57:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have recent experience with this company to share?
Go to Top of Page

MariaMia
Star Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
256 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2008 :  4:37:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for ATA for a year about 2004, but left as the hours promised did not deliver. I would not work for them again. I found them to be unorganized, and the supervisors were not easy to work for.

Mia
Go to Top of Page

.Colette P
Inactive

Virginia
USA
124 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2008 :  7:22:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any new information on this company? Does anyone still work for them.

Colette P
Go to Top of Page

CamilleJ

NY
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2008 :  7:26:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got hired by them, I start next friday. It is part time in the groceries doing the clip strips.

Camille J
Go to Top of Page

Donna V
Contributor

Hannibal, MO
USA
74 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2008 :  3:54:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for them for a few months. I have not had any problem getting paid. I enjoy the type of work, but it is not for everyone.

Donna
silver certified
Hannibal, MO
Quincy, IL and surrounding areas
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  7:08:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for them since April. I love it, my superviser is really nice. I got a lot of training, which is more than I can say for some companies. ATA also offers benefits...I love my clip strips!!!

Karito
Go to Top of Page

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  05:11:27 AM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone have a link to apply? Or what ATA stands for?

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Merchandising, Demonstrating and Shopping in Rutland County, Vermont and Eastern Washington County, New York!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums