Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Mystery Shopping a department store the day after Thanksgiving! (Black Friday)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

DebberTX

Hickory, nc
USA
24 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2004 :  09:30:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Andrea,

I am a South Ozone Park native, went to St.Anthonys. Is Stallone's still there? Anyway, big pats on the back to you for the drive!
I know from personal experience that was tough to do, even without the sinus infection.

Silver Certified
Shopping Charlotte, Hickory, Statesville
Go to Top of Page

Judy in VA
Star Contributor

VA
USA
836 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2006 :  5:09:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just saw a listing for a discount store to be shopped. The day? Black Friday!

MSPA 2007 Shopper of the Year
MSPA Gold Certified
Specializing in recorded and unrecorded phone shops
Go to Top of Page

Stacey in SouthFlorida
Contributor

Fort Lauderdale, FL
USA
90 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2006 :  5:52:09 PM  Send Stacey in SouthFlorida an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
There's a mall shop going on too. I love that shop, but no way. Not this day!!

Stacey

Stacey
MSPA Gold Certified
Happily shopping all around Fort Lauderdale and Boca Raton, Florida
AOL IM: StaceyShopperSFL
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2006 :  5:21:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There are only two reasons I leave my house on Black Friday. One is to get the newspaper, the other is to go to work. Actually I'm glad I work in the restaurant industry instead of retail at this point. It's not nearly as crazy.
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2006 :  8:46:15 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Tony and I get up very early to go shopping on this day. We stop for a great cup of coffee and shop until noon. It is our start of the Christmas holiday and we love it. Very few companies offer shops for this day as it is difficult enough on the employees, without the added stress of a shopper coming in. In the 6 years I have been shopping, I have only seen a handful of shops posted.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

JenniferWilcox
Star Contributor

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
314 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  9:03:24 PM  Send JenniferWilcox an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I saw a Black Friday mall shop today. There were quite a few parts to it. I wouldn't want to do a shop in a single store on that day, so I can't even imagine what trying to go into a mall and do one would be like. The malls are so crazy that day. The worst thing about the shop was that it didn't really pay much at all either. So not worth it.
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  8:42:10 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
For those who are going to be out there shopping, here is a list of ads. http://bfads.net/
The person who sent this to me recommends printing the pages if you find one you like as they get deleted sometimes.

PamInCa
Go to Top of Page

PamBam
Star Contributor

Schaumburg, IL
USA
317 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  08:37:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's one of our traditions to get up at 5:00, go out for breakfast and discuss our lists, and then hit the store with the sale starting at 6:00 and then the ones starting at 7:00. We think it's great fun! The only year I didn't like it was when we stayed too long. Be home by early afternoon, smug with most of your shopping done! I've never done a shop but do have one this year - for a cosy bookshop, late in the evening.

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping domestic and international locations since 2003
Go to Top of Page

WilliamJ
Contributor

Dunmore, PA
USA
80 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  11:06:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just picked up my customary FF and two audits for Black Friday, comfortably bonused. I seem to do the same ones every year...the scheduler just calls and asks if I want to do them again!

Shopping The Poconos and Northeastern Pennsylvania
MSPA Silver
Go to Top of Page

JNorthup
Valued Contributor

Toledo, OH
USA
165 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  7:31:08 PM  Send JNorthup an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
THANKSGIVING 2007 is only about 7 weeks away! I prefer not to accept a shop for the day After Thanksgiving! While I may be tempted to go out and grab a few things on-sale things for my family Christmas shopping. There's a trade-off: the hassle of long lines, crowded traffic (possible road rage), a headache, or in the case of last year's horror news stories, getting trampled to death by shoppers as soon as the manager unlocks the doors at 5 am! It's similiar to being in the Mosh Pit At a rock concert! After all that, the last thing I'd want to do is write up a lengthy report! Lets burn up this forum and prep each other up by trading the pitfalls and benefits of whats to come.

Josh
Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Maureen5360
Star Contributor

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  8:16:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Somehow I've been scheduled to shop a certain store on black Friday, i guess i didn't realize what date it fell on. The only stipulation is that the shop be on that day but they didn't limit me as to what time. I plan to do it about 5 a.m. when they open and while they get a fair share of insomniacs at that hour, I should be able to get away with my life reasonably intact. I know that I'll get a decent parking space and I've already done my scouting to be able to make a get-away with minimum hassle. It just takes advanced planning.

I once worked at a store at the opposite end of that mall and saw two older ladies get into a fist fight over a leather jacket. That spooked some of us for sure. They also ripped the daylights out of the jacket.
Go to Top of Page

Jen Ohio
Star Contributor

North Olmsted, Ohio
USA
285 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2007 :  01:45:31 AM  Send Jen Ohio an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't think anyone has brought up this point but, isn't it unfair to the store to be shopped on Black Friday? Obviously the employees are busy and the lines are very long, with all registers open and the store is not clean and easy to navigate. I just do not see why stores would want this done or imagine how the report would go, "Was your total wait in line less than 60 minutes?.

Finally Silver Certified!!
Shopping Northeast Ohio Full Time
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2007 :  04:26:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Slightly off subject, but.... I was recently assigned a couple of bank shops for October 8. That's a federal holiday and all banks in this area are closed! Go figure.

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

JNorthup
Valued Contributor

Toledo, OH
USA
165 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2007 :  06:21:15 AM  Send JNorthup an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jen Ohio

I don't think anyone has brought up this point but, isn't it unfair to the store to be shopped on Black Friday? Obviously the employees are busy and the lines are very long, with all registers open and the store is not clean and easy to navigate. I just do not see why stores would want this done or imagine how the report would go, "Was your total wait in line less than 60 minutes?.
Yep, PamInCa brought this similar issue up on this page. I agree, IT is UNFAIR to the employees of the store.

Josh
Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

EllenNC
Star Contributor

Raleigh, NC
USA
498 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2007 :  4:29:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cilla you are a life saver. I took 3 bank shops and emailed the scheduler that I would do them on the 8th and she emailed me back saying that would be great. Talk about a great big OOPS on both our parts. As to shopping on black Friday not just no but---. Two reasons, first I am one of the maniacs out there for the bargains and the fun and second, that just seems like a death wish.

Ellen
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  6:33:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
BUT, it's a good day to do apartment and new home shops. No one would suspect a professional shopper to be in either of those places on Black Friday!

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

LisaRose
Contributor

Ronkonkoma, NY
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2007 :  8:33:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Equally as bad an idea, I did a few office supplies store shops the week of back to school. Nightmare!

Lisa Rose
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  06:08:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oh, LisaRose,

That would be worse. At least on Black Friday people shopping for stuff for their children leave the children at home! Just wandering into an office supply store or Target or WallyWorld the week before school starts is scarier than the local haunted house at Halloween.

I love kids, but being in the middle of a couple of dozen families arguing over which clothing or notebooks are kool and which are awful, nope!

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

JNorthup
Valued Contributor

Toledo, OH
USA
165 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  07:21:14 AM  Send JNorthup an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Let's list the type of shops we think are easy to do on Black Friday? My list would be: FF shops, Gas shops, sandwich shops, any casual dining shop. I agree what a nightmare it is to shop for school supplies on the same week of returning the kids t school! I know a couple of teenagers. (Rolls eyes). Hahah

Josh
Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  07:23:15 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Grocery and gas.

NO restaurants... Everyone is eating out on this day.

PamInCa
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums