Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Mystery Shopping a department store the day after Thanksgiving! (Black Friday)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Vita

Los Angeles, CA
USA
47 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  07:03:06 AM  Send Vita an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
This week has been slow because I can not imagine many clients want mystery shoppers thanksgiving weekend. I only a have few shops this week. LA is crazy right now with traffic. I am going super early to finish these shops and I am bunkering down. My husband is an officer here and he was just beat yesterday with all the car accidents and crazies out this week. Heck no I am not being stuck in traffic for 3 hours to make 50 bucks. Not worth my gas and I do not have the patients for it

Vita
Go to Top of Page

David Richard
Valued Contributor

Providence, Rhode Island
USA
207 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2008 :  5:35:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have seen many shops, including some merchandising shops in my area for this Black Friday. However, I'm not interested in fighting the crowds at the locations. I probably won't do any shops, but will look for something that won't be mobbed.

Happily shopping
Rhode Island and nearby Massachusetts.
Go to Top of Page

KimG
Star Contributor

Orlando, FL
USA
628 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2008 :  06:07:40 AM  Send KimG an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I always said I would never shop for any reason on Black Friday. However, last year, the day after Thanksgiving, I got an email from a scheduler desperate to get 2 high-end jewelry shops done that day, which was Black Friday. The shops were in Miami, and I lived in Lake Worth at the time, about a 90 minute drive. I said I would do them IF I got both shops, and if I got paid $100 per shop. She agreed, I did them, it wasn't too busy, me and the hubby had a nice lunch, and it turned out to be a good day. No such luck this year, so I will do my usual "avoiding Black Friday like the black plague".

Kim
silver certified njtwnf
Go to Top of Page

DarleneH
Star Contributor

Cleveland, OH
USA
1322 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2008 :  2:32:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did the merchandizing with the bonus first hour. It wasn't too bad, just verrry crowded. It was hard to put out the toys most of the time. I don't think I'd do it again.
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2008 :  4:55:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a ms today at an outdoor-type mall. No problem with parking as someone pulled out in front of me and I did't have to wait as the shop was adequately staffed. The shop was bonused and I would work Black Fridays again.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2010 :  11:13:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anytime I have done any work on Black Friday I have ended up sick - really sick! You couldn't pay me enough now to go out on BF - to work or personal shopping....
Go to Top of Page

Mike Krieger
Star Contributor

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2010 :  8:30:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a very low amount of work in pipeline for the remainder of this month. It seems like the MS companies made a big push this year to get all Nov. assignments done before Thanksgiving. Now, its all eyes onto next month.
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2011 :  3:44:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone brave enough to schedule shops this year on black Friday? For me, this date is a reminder to not schedule many shops throughout the holiday season. Just too much of a hassle with the traffic and parking problems.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2011 :  06:04:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I couldn't believe it when a company recently posted a merchandising job to be done on Friday. In the middle of all that Black Friday melee, they wanted us to go in and straighten a flea medication pallet? Besides dealing with all the people in the store, good luck finding the manager to sign off.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

EllenNC
Star Contributor

Raleigh, NC
USA
498 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2011 :  3:28:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not just no but.....

Ellen
Go to Top of Page

Joyce1947
Valued Contributor

Bourne, MA
USA
221 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2011 :  3:51:40 PM  Send Joyce1947 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
There isn't enough bonus money available to get me in a store on Black Friday. I may consider a bank or gas station, but a retail store, no way; not in this lifetime!

Joy
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
467 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2011 :  6:21:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In my area the stores I merchandise, put a large note on the vendor sign in book that says no vendors allowed on black friday. The only people they allow are the beer, soda and chip delivery people.
I have 2 days a year I will not work, no matter how much the pay is. The day after Thanksgiving and Dec. 26

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

JenniferML
Valued Contributor

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2011 :  7:33:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I need to remember not to take grocery store shops the week before Thanksgiving. A 20 minute shop took me 40 minutes today.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums