Star Contributor

BC
Canada
804 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2004 :  10:27:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Heather86

Guilty
Have you ever lied badly on your driver's licence?

(mine is off by 70 pounds) - guess which way?

Innocent, since I'm only 120 pounds but people that do see always ask me if I had a nose ring before, because there's a shadow on the picture showing a kind of sparkle on my nose

Are you or were you ever a hypocontaric(pretending to be sick, when you not) as an adult?
Go to Top of Page

LisaBGoesShopping
Star Contributor

PA
USA
3092 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2004 :  10:38:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't think hypochondriacs pretend to be sick. It's more that they believe they're sick when they're not, or that they think they're sicker than they are. No, I'm not a hypochondriac.

But there have been times when I've called in sick to work and then stayed put in bed, just to escape work. Usually, that's when I hate my job. When I have a job I like and care about, my attendance is a whole lot better.

Have you ever tried to alter your consciousness, whether via meditation, hypnosis, hallucinogenic drugs, fasting, etc? Not just meditating to calm yourself or taking drugs for a buzz, but doing something to get to where you are tripping or having visions?
Go to Top of Page

GeriLynn
Contributor

OR
USA
87 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2004 :  11:50:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Unaplogetically guilty. I am glad that I have had those experiences, but no longer feel the need. There comes a point where the intended effect could not be obtained- as if the triggers in my brain were not taking me to the same place any more.

Have you ever caught a friend "taking care of" themselves? You catch my drift, wink wink.

GeriLynn
Go to Top of Page

LindaCulp
Star Contributor

Portland, Oregon
USA
2339 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2004 :  03:53:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I catch your drift, wink-wink . . . no, I haven't.

Have you ever done something stupid or bad (read: embarrassing) that the whole world knows about (or at least your town or neighborhood), and they'll never let you live it down?

Happily shopping the Portland, Oregon metro area!
~MSPA *Gold* Certified, 2003~
Go to Top of Page

Mimi
Star Contributor

USA
1691 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2004 :  05:47:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dang...I want to know what Lisa and Lynn are smokin'!!!

Yes, Linda...the whole town found out about the elastic on my panties popping and how I just stepped out of them and kept on walking

Do you ever hide your purchases in the trunk of your car until your DH goes to bed?

Mimi
Go to Top of Page

LisaBGoesShopping
Star Contributor

PA
USA
3092 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2004 :  09:25:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gosh, Mimi, and now all of us at Volition know, too!

As to what I'm smoking, I specifically worded that to include methods other than those don't involving drugs. I've tried altering my consciousness, but not via drugs -- always wanted to try it, but I'm much too scared. There are other ways.

(I'm not answering your question about hiding purchases from hubby only because I don't have one, so it doesn't apply to me. Let the next person take it.)
Go to Top of Page

Nora
Star Contributor

PA
USA
6341 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2004 :  10:05:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mimi, isn't that why car trunks were invented? Guilty.

Have you ever gotten the urge to laugh at a funeral?
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2004 :  11:36:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Innocent. Movies really aren't that expensive, and a copy is degraded from the original. Not sure about the legalities of that either...

Have you ever asked for toilet paper from a complete stranger in the stall next to you?

“Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” Tacitus
Go to Top of Page

LindaCulp
Star Contributor

Portland, Oregon
USA
2339 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  12:42:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, and I've also given toilet paper to complete strangers in the stall next to me.

Have you ever scolded a complete stranger in a public restroom for not washing their hands after taking care of business?

Happily shopping the Portland, Oregon metro area!
~MSPA *Gold* Certified, 2003~
Go to Top of Page

NatalieH
Contributor

USA
8291 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  03:43:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ick....innocent. It's not my place to be the germ police.

Have you ever spoken up to a mother who was yelling and screaming at her kids in public?
Go to Top of Page

Mimi
Star Contributor

USA
1691 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  04:42:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am guilty of that, Nat. It is awful what some mothers do to their children, and when they do it in public, it's even worse because it humiliates them too. At least when I take action, they direct their wrath on me and forget about the child for a while.

In that same line, do you ever feel guilty about spoiling your children?

Mimi
Go to Top of Page

Mimi
Star Contributor

USA
1691 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  04:45:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
By the way, Linda, I haven't ever scolded anyone who didn't wash after using, but I have reported it if it's an employee.

Mimi
Go to Top of Page

NatalieH
Contributor

USA
8291 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  05:27:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is awful how many mothers treat their children in public, isn't it, Mimi? I see this happening most often at the "mart" stores. I usually mind my own business, but not when it comes to borderline abusive behavior toward children.

I am not sure if I would be guilty of spoiling my children or not. I try to instill a sense of appreciation in them, but they certainly don't get everything they want. I am too practical, and refuse to buy some things, regardless of the fact that I have the money to pay for them.

Have you ever wanted to "skip Christmas?" (Have you read the book or seen the movie?)
Go to Top of Page

LauraB
Star Contributor

Frederick, MD
USA
921 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  07:22:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Guilty. Sad memories.

Have you ever felt good about something you know you should really feel bad about (ie; vigilante acts)?

MSPA Gold Certified #4xgoix
Go to Top of Page

Mimi
Star Contributor

USA
1691 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  11:49:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Natalie, we feel the same about these abusive mothers who do this in the "marts". If they only knew how it hurts that poor child's self-worth, I think they would reconsider before they take this type of action again. I imagine some are just too ignorant to know what kind of damage they are doing. This is exactly why I take action and will continue to do so...the children are what matter here and if we can show a mother her abusive ways, there is a possibility it won't happen again.

I am guilty of spoiling my kids and happy to report...they are PERFECT!!!!!

Sorry Laura, yes, I'm guilty of that because sometimes things need to be taken care of by "the folks"...and the world seems to be a better place, as a result.

Mimi
Go to Top of Page

LauraB
Star Contributor

Frederick, MD
USA
921 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  2:12:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mimi, your question??

MSPA Gold Certified #4xgoix
Go to Top of Page

Mimi
Star Contributor

USA
1691 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  7:25:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Shoot...I'm losing it!!! Sorry Laura.

Have you ever gone to one of those places where hunky guys dance around and you put money in their cute litle panties?

Mimi
Go to Top of Page

Judy in VA
Star Contributor

VA
USA
836 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  7:31:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Guilty as charged. As a matter of fact, he was dressed (I use the term loosely) as a police officer. Mmmmmm.

Have you ever gone to a movie and sneaked into the next one?

MSPA 2007 Shopper of the Year
MSPA Gold Certified
Specializing in recorded and unrecorded phone shops
Go to Top of Page

LisaBGoesShopping
Star Contributor

PA
USA
3092 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  9:15:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Guilty. I went through a phase of that in college. I think they knew, as I'd be practically the only person in the theater (I'd head in on weekday mornings) and lo and behold, I'd still be there (in different rooms, watching different movies) in the late afternoons sometimes.

Someone asked about scolding people for not washing up after coming out of the bathroom. Have you ever skipped washing your hands after using a public restroom?
Go to Top of Page

TXbecky
Valued Contributor

Texas
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  9:27:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NatalieH

Ick....innocent. It's not my place to be the germ police.

Have you ever spoken up to a mother who was yelling and screaming at her kids in public?

Did this once when a lady was pummelling a four year old in the head while holding him in a headlock. We called the police who came and said they couldn't do anything. As the lady walked away she told the child "Just wait 'til I get you home." I have nightmares about that to this day wondering if the child is okay.

Now to the restroom question: NEVER! Although sometimes when there isn't soap available I feel as if I skipped washing. That's why I carry my Germ junk now.

Have you ever turned in a term paper someone else wrote for you and passed it off as your own work?

Becky
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums