Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1880 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  9:27:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Innocent. I went to a small school and the professors would've known it wasn't my own work. Plus, I could never have lived with it (unlike Joe Byden(sp?), MLKjr, or Michael Jackson).

[originally answered before above post was edited]
Guilty. Some of the restroom sinks (especially gas stations on a shop) look to have more germs than the toilets... So, yep, have skipped them. I carry wipes in the car, though.

re: the children. I got fired once for talking to a child (3?) whose mother told her if she picked up scissors again, she'd cut her head off. We've been on the other end, though. People who butt in because they don't agree with how we discipline our (near perfect ) children. Once, at the aquarium, a lady followed my husband to the parking lot after he administered a well deserved spanking. He simply walked past our car and kept walking until she left. Busybody. I will ask a parent if I can help when I see them all stressed out and yelling obscenities at their children. Some have actually taken me up on; most simply calm down. Parents have off days. Sometimes they just need to step back, or to have someone play with their 2 year old while they're tending to the baby and the groceries.

On that subject, have you ever called Social Services on someone?

“Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” Tacitus
Go to Top of Page

Michelle1975
Star Contributor

Newton, NJ
USA
549 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2004 :  12:15:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No, I never called Social Services on anyone. If I believed a situation was that bad, I would call the police.

Have you ever had a crush on someone when you were in a marriage/serious relationship, and the person was not your significant other?

Michelle
MSPA Gold 3knuvj
Go to Top of Page

NatalieH
Contributor

USA
8291 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2004 :  2:15:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Never. Although I did plenty of stuff as a teenager and young adult that scared the bejeezus out of 'em. Now I'm a perfect angel.

Crushes? Many. Who says once you're married, you can't still dream?

Have you ever picked up an item at the store, decided you didn't want it, then placed it somewhere where it didn't belong?
Go to Top of Page

Mimi
Star Contributor

USA
1691 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2004 :  5:51:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Natalie, I must say I am shocked It's a toss up between you being a in your teens, or, having many crushes...and dreaming about them. Tsk, tsk...what is this world coming to???

Now, do I place something I don't want in a place where it doesn't belong? Of course I do!!! You have to do this every now and then so the employees in the store have something to do. It creates job security

For those of you who are married to a man who had been married before...have you ever looked up the ex to see what she looks like?

Mimi
Go to Top of Page

NatalieH
Contributor

USA
8291 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2004 :  6:26:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Don't be too shocked, Mimi. My younger days didn't involve anything illicit or scandalous; just some good ole rebellious fun!

I am still married to my first and only husband, so I can't speak on the topic of ex-wives, but I can say that I have never been the slightest bit interested in looking up my husband's ex-girlfriends. I guess I have been too busy dreaming of all my crushes!!

Have you ever gone to your high school reunion and been secretly glad to see that someone who you never liked had "let themselves go"?
Go to Top of Page

Michelle1975
Star Contributor

Newton, NJ
USA
549 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2004 :  10:03:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes! I went to my ten year reunion last summer. This one girl who treated me pretty miserably in high school is on her third marriage with six kids. She asked me where I live now and what I do for a living and she snickered and muttered, "Must be nice." And, she looked terrible too. She also asked me where I bought my dress and frowned when I told her.

I leave things where they don't belong in the store from time to time. Sometimes I even get paid to do so.

Okay...let me think of something a bit more scandulous...have you ever taken a digital picture of someone so you could Photoshop their image in humorous situations with the express intent of making fun of them behind their backs?

Oh...I must add another one...have you ever bought anyone a Chia pet?

Michelle
MSPA Gold 3knuvj
Go to Top of Page

GeriLynn
Contributor

OR
USA
87 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2004 :  11:23:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No and no. On the first one: my cruelty needs instant satisfaction.

On the second one: I wouldn't burden anyone with a Chia Pet. It isn't funny for more than 4 seconds and then there is the horror of the recipient actually posessing it. (Side note- my roomie recently asked me if I am the person who wanted a Chia Hitler. I told her no, but when I think about it I can't put it past me to say something like that in a snit.)

Do you lie to your dentist about how often you floss?

GeriLynn
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1880 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2004 :  12:08:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Innocent. Because he'd be able to tell anyway. Mine has job security because he tells me I have "Hollywood whites."

Ever pass gas in an elevator?

Go to Top of Page

LindaCulp
Star Contributor

Portland, Oregon
USA
2339 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2004 :  02:28:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Innocent. I've never passed gas in an elevator.

I don't have to lie to my dentist about how often I floss. I floss every day.

Have you ever bought an article of clothing, worn it, then returned it to the store?

Happily shopping the Portland, Oregon metro area!
~MSPA *Gold* Certified, 2003~
Go to Top of Page

Christina WNY
Inactive

Buffalo, NY
USA
305 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2004 :  5:12:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Innocent. If I wear it... it's mine. If I don't end up liking it, then it goes to the Salvation Army.

Have you ever pretended not to be home when someone (in-laws, perhaps) came ringing the doorbell? Shhh! Go away, I'm not home!
Go to Top of Page

KarenMiller

McDonough, GA
USA
46 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2004 :  8:09:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
GUILTY... I used to live alone in both Baltimore and Atlanta... Sometimes it's not safe to open your door to unknowns or to ex-boyfriends who aren't supposed to be there.

Have yoou ever gone House or Car shopping for a house or car that was WAY WAY WAY out of your price range just for the joy of driving the car or seeing the mansion?

Karen
Silver Certified Shopper
South Atlanta Metro Area
Go to Top of Page

DeborahH
Star Contributor

BC
Canada
804 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2004 :  10:53:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Definetly Guilty,

I love see these old house like victorian or even mansions I would go far and farther to see any of these

As an adult on your own, have you ever lied to your parents about how well your doing and/or what you are doing so they dont worry and/or get angry?
Go to Top of Page

Mimi
Star Contributor

USA
1691 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2004 :  06:28:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Guilty...but not to avoid the drama. If either of my kids did this, I always knew it was one of those days they needed a little one-on-one TLC. It was as much fun for me as it was for them. No Natalie, they rarely did this!!!

Have you ever gone out to get your paper and the paperboy forgot you (again), so you took your neighbor's?

Mimi
Go to Top of Page

DeborahH
Star Contributor

BC
Canada
804 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2004 :  07:44:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes Guilty, not that we had a house but when I was in the apartments, I would go to the neighbors, if they had a paper out, I would take it, and then later leave the paper at their door.

Someone else can ask a question
Go to Top of Page

Coral
Contributor

Lakota, Iowa
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  7:35:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
have you ever gone streaking

Coral
Go to Top of Page

LindaCulp
Star Contributor

Portland, Oregon
USA
2339 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2004 :  01:55:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No, only in my dreams!

Have you ever said something truly nasty to a telephone solicitor and then slammed the phone down on them?

Happily shopping the Portland, Oregon metro area!
~MSPA *Gold* Certified, 2003~
Go to Top of Page

LisaBGoesShopping
Star Contributor

PA
USA
3092 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2004 :  11:22:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You betcha, and no apologies.

I do know better. I know that most of these people just need to earn money any way they can, and that I can let them know not to call more politely. There's just no reason to increase bad feeling in this world -- but that doesn't stop me when I'm in the moment.

Have you ever been a telemarketer?
Go to Top of Page

DeborahH
Star Contributor

BC
Canada
804 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2004 :  12:17:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:

Have you ever said something truly nasty to a telephone solicitor and then slammed the phone down on them?

Guilty on both counts, First I was a telemarketer trying to sell packages of meat to people on the phone: One of the calls I made to this customer, I said to this lady on the phone "Is Mr. Smith there?" she say "Oh no dear, he's with the Lord" me being young I said " Oh, When he gets back from church, can you ask him to call this number" she says " Oh no dear, he died last week. . I said oh and goodbye I was so upset and my face turned

Second, my hubby cannot say anything bad to telemarketers, he was on the phone for an hour with one girl doing some survey, I tell anytime someone like that phones give the phone to me I usally for a bit as I realize what they go through, if I'm interested I will talk but they usually get to pushy, so I say not interested, please take me off your mailing list, bye

I'm not sure if it works up here but I have heard in the states that if telemarketers call and you say take me off your mailing list and they phone 3 more times you can get money from the FTC, when they phone write down the dates and time of phone calls
Go to Top of Page

DeborahW
Star Contributor

Bellevue, WA
USA
779 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2004 :  10:34:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Innocent. I have never been a telemarketer.

Have you ever dropped a baby?

MSPA Gold Certified
Specializing in hotel, restaurant and bar shops in Seattle and the Eastside since 2004
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1880 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2004 :  11:04:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't think she meant on PURPOSE!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums