Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

LisaBGoesShopping
Star Contributor

PA
USA
3092 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2004 :  05:14:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't think it's going too far. Many of these are laughable, but some are things people may find embarrassing or shameful or even criminal.

It's possible to fumble and drop a baby. It's possible to drop a baby just a little ways, onto something soft, so that no damage occurs. We don't have to assume that someone has dropped a baby many feet and and injured it for life.

So... Innocent. No kids of my own, but I've held many babies in my life and I don't remember dropping any of them.

Have you ever seduced the repairman/the paperboy/the cable guy/the pizza delivery guy?
Go to Top of Page

AdAora
Star Contributor

Deep in the heart of, TX
USA
3770 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2004 :  05:22:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
A friend of mine fell asleep while carrying her 6-week old son. He slipped from her lap and fell to the ground, breaking his leg. He had to stay in hospital 6 weeks with his leg suspended in the air. It was absolutely awful.

I remember that when I had my first babies (twins), the nurse told me to make sure I never fell asleep holding them, and I replied that there was no way I could ever do that with my precious babies. Well I did fall asleep once, but I was sitting up in bed and nothing happened.

Seduced anyone? Nope, I wasn't a desperate housewife.

Have you ever done your kid's homework?

Gold certified in TX
Go to Top of Page

NatalieH
Contributor

USA
8291 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2004 :  05:41:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Innocent. Their homework is their responsibility. I've already been to school and served my time. One of my biggest pet peeves is parents who micro-manage their kids' assignments. Let them do it by themselves!

Seduced the paper boy or pizza guy? Hmmmm...if I were gonna seduce someone, I would pick someone with a more interesting job.

Have you ever lied to your kids about things you did or did not do as a teenager? In other words, have you led your kids to believe that you were a perfect angel when that might not have been the case?
Go to Top of Page

KarenMiller

McDonough, GA
USA
46 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2004 :  07:54:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
GUILTY as charged!!! This I have done several times.

-I aso help my daughter with her homework, I do not do it for her, but I provide assistance.
- I have dropped a baby, my newborn son. I feel asleep while breastfeeding him... he never even woke up... it totally freaked me out so I woke him up to make sure he was okay.

Have you ever told someone you were really busy and couldn't talk to them or met them when all you have planned is a bubble bath and doing your nails?

Karen
Silver Certified Shopper
South Atlanta Metro Area
Go to Top of Page

DeborahW
Star Contributor

Bellevue, WA
USA
779 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2004 :  09:06:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oh, please, it was a totally innocent question and brought up because I have done it myself and after telling a couple of my friends was surprised at how many of them said, "Oh, something like that happened to me once!" Actually I have two kids, both of whom have been dropped. The first was more of a roll ... the baby was about a month old and my husband fell asleep while holding her. She just rolled right off his lap, down his outstretched legs and onto the floor. He attributed it to newborn daddy sleep deprivation, and the baby was not hurt at all. But he learned his lesson.

My younger daughter was dropped by me. This one was 10 months old, and I tripped on a median that was behind me right after I got her out of her car seat. I managed to hold onto her until about a foot above the ground. Scared me to death, but she wasn't hurt, either. Neither of these incidents involved alcohol!

Guilty on returning something I've worn, but I was about 18 at the time and I just changed my mind. I didn't buy it with the idea of returning it!

MSPA Gold Certified
Specializing in hotel, restaurant and bar shops in Seattle and the Eastside since 2004
Go to Top of Page

LisaBGoesShopping
Star Contributor

PA
USA
3092 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2004 :  10:13:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Seduced the paper boy or pizza guy? Hmmmm...if I were gonna seduce someone, I would pick someone with a more interesting job.

Well, the idea was to ask whether anyone had tried seducing someone who came to their house to do a job. It could be any job.

But Natalie, 'fess up! Have you ever seduced anyone while he was on the job? What type of job was it? And we want details!!
Go to Top of Page

NatalieH
Contributor

USA
8291 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2004 :  11:14:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
ROFL! Oh goodness, y'all don't really want to hear any of my secrets, do you??

Actually, I have never tried to seduce anyone on the job (either mine or theirs), but I did have an issue several years back where my husband's boss tried to seduce me. He was handsome and adventuresome, and was such a sweet-talker! The only problem was that he was married and so was I. Such is life.

Now, my paperboy is a kid, and all the pizza delivery guys around here are nothing to write home about. I don't have a gardener, but the ones my neighbors use don't seem to have all their oars in the water. I just can't be attracted to someone unless they come equipped with a brain.

Now, as far as doing children's homework, I was not referring to helping with homework. All good parents lend a helping hand when needed. I was referring to parents who actually do the work for their child. I knew a parent once who did their child's entire science fair project.

OK, let's see. Yes, I am guilty of telling someone I was busy while taking a bubble bath. Taking a bath is being busy, isn't it?

Have you ever gone to a fancy French restaurant, and ordered something off the menu, having no earthly idea what you were ordering?

(OK Lisa, your turn! Tell us all the good stuff!)
Go to Top of Page

LisaBGoesShopping
Star Contributor

PA
USA
3092 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2004 :  4:54:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
LOL, Natalie, I could never... <blush, blush>

Which is not to say I haven't been tempted at times. When I was in my early 20s, the management company sent out a kid to repair the light fixture in my kitchen. He was a cute little guy and sending out such strong signals that I had only to react, wouldn't have had to initiate anything...

and then there was the tall, lean, dark, handsome handyman with the wraparound smile at the place I lived at a few years back -- had I been younger or more reckless...

Ahem.

Not having eaten at any fancy French restaurants in recent memory, I'll leave that one for someone else to answer.
Go to Top of Page

DeborahW
Star Contributor

Bellevue, WA
USA
779 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2004 :  09:30:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Innocent. The French restaurants I have been to have always had English translations. I have, however, ordered things off a menu in German when I had no idea what they were. I was in Germany at the time.

When you were young, did you ever sneak out of the house in the middle of the night without your parents' knowledge?

MSPA Gold Certified
Specializing in hotel, restaurant and bar shops in Seattle and the Eastside since 2004
Go to Top of Page

Christina WNY
Inactive

Buffalo, NY
USA
305 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2004 :  2:19:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Guilty. Very, very guilty. Hi Mom!

Have you ever taken medication then operated heavy machinery (like a steamroller or bulldozer), despite the warning label?
Go to Top of Page

DeborahH
Star Contributor

BC
Canada
804 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2005 :  2:53:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:

Have you ever taken medication then operated heavy machinery (like a steamroller or bulldozer), despite the warning label?

I hate to admit it but a few years ago, I was addicted to a bunch of prescription and over the counter pills, although I never operated any machinery or tried to hurt anybody else. I really had a problem facing reality and what was right. I'm now only on certain medication that I need and Im sticking to that

Have you ever locked your keys/purse/cellphone is your car overnight by accident?
Go to Top of Page

KellyBear
Star Contributor

Fairfax, VA
USA
1198 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2005 :  3:47:07 PM  Send KellyBear an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Innocent. (Though I have locked my keys/purse/cell phone in my apartment!)

Have you ever found something of value (i.e. jewelry) on the floor of a store and not turned it in to an employee?
Go to Top of Page

Mimi
Star Contributor

USA
1691 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2005 :  06:35:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Innocent, I always turn things in if I find them. Who would want to live with that guilt?

Have you ever told your boyfriend that you couldn't go out with him because you were feeling bad, but you really had a date with another guy? Then you run into him at a club? YIKES!!

Mimi
Go to Top of Page

SmileyBecca
Star Contributor

Struthers, OH
USA
289 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2005 :  10:05:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Innocent. I have, however, had two dates back to back on the same night. That was a very long time ago, though.

Do you ever stash money away and not tell your spouse/significant other that you have it?

Smiles,
Becca
MSPA SILVER CERTIFIED
Go to Top of Page

DeborahH
Star Contributor

BC
Canada
804 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2005 :  11:45:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
All the time

Have you ever been to a therapist? with or without telling your spouse or family?
Go to Top of Page

SmileyBecca
Star Contributor

Struthers, OH
USA
289 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2005 :  07:28:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Many years ago. One thing I found out very early on was that if I called in sick to work when I wasn't really ill, inevitably I would actually be sick within a week. That cured me of calling in sick.

Have you ever stayed out all night and gone straight to work or school without sleeping?

Smiles,
Becca
MSPA SILVER CERTIFIED
Go to Top of Page

JGallica
Star Contributor

Vancouver, BC
Canada
373 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2005 :  2:18:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Guilty. I did this a few times during my undergrad. After staying up all night one night it wasn't too bad, but after the second night, I couldn't function properly. And talk about headache...

Have you ever hit the stop or the alarm button in an elevator?

Jen

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping North Vancouver to White Rock
Go to Top of Page

Michelle1975
Star Contributor

Newton, NJ
USA
549 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2005 :  4:16:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do you mean just to hit the shiny red button? Guilty!

Have you ever taken a friend to a casual dining restaurant and told the employees that it was your friend's birthday when it wasn't just to have them sing "I don't know what I been told...Someone here is gettin' old," to embarass your friend? Oh, and also for the free cake from Denny's?

Michelle
MSPA Gold 3knuvj
Go to Top of Page

Mimi
Star Contributor

USA
1691 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2005 :  4:36:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've never done that, but what a cool idea!!!
And, I'm real guilty of staying up all night and going to work with no sleep. Of course, that was many moons ago, if I did that now it would kill me!!

Have you ever short sheeted a bed...like in the dorm in college or at camp?

Mimi
Go to Top of Page

LisaBGoesShopping
Star Contributor

PA
USA
3092 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2005 :  7:22:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Innocent. I've heard of short sheeting but even with descriptions, I've never understood the concept.

Have you ever had a precognitive experience (seen the future)?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums