Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

SelenePN
Star Contributor

Fairfax, VA
USA
942 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2005 :  11:56:53 AM  Send SelenePN an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Innocent. I wish I could (so I can save money) but I would have done a very bad job.

Have you ever thought something was "so cool" and told everyone you know that something was so cool... and later on you found out it was really something so common and people wouldn't pay attention at all (and felt really embarrassed)? Example: When I first came to America, I saw squirrels and I thought they were so cool (I had never seen them in Taiwan at all), and I took a whole roll of film on them and showed to everyone. Now of course I see them everyday, and everyone laughs at me when they heard I took pictures of squirrels....

Thanks,
Selene
Go to Top of Page

NatalieH
Contributor

USA
8291 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2005 :  12:20:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No, Selene, I can't say that I have done that, but if I traveled somewhere and saw things that I don't see here, I would have no qualms about telling people how cool it was--common or not.

In reference to Quinn's question: When I was 13, I woke up one morning and decided that I didn't want long hair anymore, and I didn't want to wait for my mother to make an appointment at the salon. Consequently, I decided to give myself a haircut. I wanted something short and sophisticated, so I locked myself in the bathroom and got to work. The result was a huge change and I wasn't quite sure I liked it, but I knew it was just hair and would grow out...

The next day I went to school and I had countless people (including teachers) coming up to me and begging to know the name of my stylist. When I told them I cut it myself, no one believed me. The next week, about five girls showed up at school with the same haircut. True story!!

Have you ever had too much to drink at a wedding and ended up a little too friendly with someone?
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50245 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2005 :  12:41:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sure as heck did. I went to a wedding in Ft. Lauderdale. The reception was in a beautiful house on the ocean. One of the bridesmaids and I< who I had never met before> had quite a good time in one of the bedrooms. The bad part of the story is wife was with me at the reception. So, y'all can add me to the list of men who are cads.

Speaking of weddings, big or small wedding?
Go to Top of Page

NatalieH
Contributor

USA
8291 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2005 :  12:46:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Big weddings are more fun, but small is more practical.

Quinn, I'm surprised you're brave enough to tell that story!

Have you ever told your nosy neighbor to stop being so nosy?
Go to Top of Page

SelenePN
Star Contributor

Fairfax, VA
USA
942 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2005 :  7:35:41 PM  Send SelenePN an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Innocent. I haven't really got a neighbor that is "too" nosy. I have a few neighbors that are just the right amount of nosy. For example, my neighbor came to tell me that he saw my DH with a young girl when I was on business travel out of town. I knew it was my sister-in-law. But I liked the information!

Have you ever broken anything because you were too mad, such as throwing a glass pitcher to the wall?

Thanks,
Selene
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50245 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2005 :  4:27:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey, with me what you see is what you get. I don't duck much of anything. But I do stay true to myself and my beliefs and the wife never found out, so at least she was not directly hurt by my actions.

Yes, I've thrown things. Childish, immature behavior but that is no excuse.

This is aimed at you ladies, since I am in the minority here. Anyone ever worn an outfit for an occasion and then returned it to the store, on the pretense it did not fit or some other excuse.
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie in Burbank
Star Contributor

Burbank, CA
USA
5940 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2005 :  5:02:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Guilty. I was in high school. I bought what I thought was the cutest short set. EWent to Disneyland with my boyfriend and a bunch of friends. Had a major fight with the boyfriend. I didn't ever want to see that outfit again (that's what caused the fight) so I returned it. I felt very guilty about it for a long time and never did that again.

Have you ever gone out on a date with someone and gone home with someone else?

Bonnie
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50245 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2005 :  9:46:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Based on my prior posts, you know my answer to this is yes, but I will defer to someone else. And no it wasnt the wedding it was another time, another place, when this occurred.
Go to Top of Page

NatalieH
Contributor

USA
8291 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2005 :  4:12:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Okay, fine--yes, I admit I have done that, Bonnie. A while ago in my wilder days. Now y'all shush and don't let it leave this thread!

Have you ever borrowed something from a friend or neighbor, and then broken it or messed it up somehow, and ended up having to buy a new one?

Go to Top of Page

LisaBGoesShopping
Star Contributor

PA
USA
3092 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2005 :  7:10:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes. In college, I burned popcorn in a friend's popcorn popper that she'd claimed she never used. Well, suddenly that popper had intense sentimental value and I had to replace it. (Things got tense for a while.)

Did you ever run away from home (as a child or adult)?
Go to Top of Page

Nora
Star Contributor

PA
USA
6341 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2005 :  8:42:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Heck no...I knew that lions, tigers,bears,trolls, and the Jersey Devil were waiting to devour me ( this is what little girls believe when they have five older brothers).

Blatantly ripping this idea off of Quinn, in another thread...

ever order that Gevalia coffee just to get the free coffeemaker, knowing that you are going to cancel after you get it?
Go to Top of Page

Terri73
Star Contributor

IL
USA
329 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2005 :  07:40:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No, but if I liked coffee I might do it.

Have you ever hid the last twinkie or etc from your family so you could eat it?
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50245 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2005 :  08:41:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No, I never have done that......the Gevalia coffee is good but overpriced..

Did you ever sneak into a movie when you were a kid?
Go to Top of Page

JanJojo
Star Contributor

West Virginia
USA
42759 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2005 :  6:12:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
An X rated drive in movie when I was a teenager.

Did you ever drink directly out of a milk jug that all family members use?
Go to Top of Page

Heather86
Star Contributor

Bourbonnais (S. of Chicago), IL
USA
2015 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2005 :  7:27:02 PM  Visit Heather86's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Of course!, but then family is just me and my hubby right now.

Have you ever eaten in secret because you know you shouldn't be eating that particular item?
Go to Top of Page

JanJojo
Star Contributor

West Virginia
USA
42759 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2005 :  7:31:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes. When I was growing up I was a secret eater.Now that I live alone ,I am no longer a secret eater!!!

Did you ever write a mean limerick about a baby sitter,only to have your brother or sister take it to them and show them?
Go to Top of Page

NatalieH
Contributor

USA
8291 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2005 :  04:48:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No. I never needed to write any mean limericks; I would just tell them how I felt to their face.

Have you ever told a friend that you are sick and tired of listening to all the whiny, self-centered, overly-dramatic and exquisitely boring details of all the problems and injustices in their life?
Go to Top of Page

LisaBGoesShopping
Star Contributor

PA
USA
3092 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2005 :  09:07:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't know if this counts, as I wasn't trying to get into the reception itself, but I needed to use a phone. I knew the church had one, and the side door was always open. (The call was toll free.)

I headed over, only to find a wedding reception in full swing. The wedding was Indian (surprise, as it was an Episcopalian church -- yes, both ceremony and reception were there). I asked to use the phone, and they not only let me, they invited me to stay! I still wish I'd had the time -- food smelled great, and it looked fun.

Have you ever crashed a party?
Go to Top of Page

NatalieH
Contributor

USA
8291 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2005 :  10:50:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Never, unless you count high school or college parties; but those were not events that required formal invitation.

Have you ever stood in line at a store for an extraordinarily long time, and then got so frustrated, that you just set down whatever you were going to buy and left?
Go to Top of Page

NatalieH
Contributor

USA
8291 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2005 :  11:36:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Surprisingly, this has never happened to me. Even when my four children were small and would want to touch or hold things, they never broke anything.

[knock wood]

Have you ever held an umbrella on a golf course in a thunderstorm?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums