Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Margrit
Contributor

Panama City, Florida
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  04:55:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did this one last year with my Grandson, FIRST CHRISTMAS. Also, did the Easter pic too. I got the invititation also, but my daughter split up with her finance (he got married 2 months later). But I got a begging email with bonus for the pic. I drove 80 miles to get the shop done. I called my daughter (who now lives in North Dakota) to ask her finance's first wife (now had wifee #3. They even split up now too) to use her kids. She agreed to the pick. Also the requirements are children only 0-13. I thought of me and hubby, but they want to see how the Real Santa and staff deal with children. We did not have a wait on Monday 4:30. I love working for the company.
Their schedulers are the greatest.

Silver Certified #ehwhod
Shopping the Florida Panhandle
Go to Top of Page

Pammie1965

Chattanooga, Tennessee
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  05:04:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If anyone needs a perfect child to use for any pics, just let me know. I have 6 here that I can ship out to you super fast.

It would be nice to find a Santa shop around here since I need to have pics taken anyway.

Pamela
Shopping In Tennessee
Go to Top of Page

Sally

South Carolina
USA
34 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  06:08:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Could someone give a clue to which company is performing these?

Thanks!

Sally
Go to Top of Page

SJAmos
Contributor

Columbia, SC
USA
96 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  2:17:40 PM  Send SJAmos an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
My grandson can be a brat with a capital B. He's about to turn 3. Last year he did as I expected and would not sit on Santa's lap. I would love one of these shops - for my granddaughter. I take them every year anyway.

Sallie
Silver Certified in SC
Go to Top of Page

Irene_L.A.
Star Contributor

Valencia, California
USA
922 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  6:56:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm "borrowing" my friend's 10yr. old to go to magic mtn. Sunday. Do it, it will be fun for the kid, unless you want to sit on Santa's lap.

Irene Eichel
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2008 :  6:45:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We went to see Santa yesterday - no line at all, but I admit that I became one of the mom's that I never wanted to become - *Please smile for Santa*, etc.

My son is crying and my daughter has her head on my shoulder and her eyes shut. But I look pretty good!

Well at least it was their real reaction and not me threating to take their toys away if they didn't smile.
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2008 :  9:47:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did my Santa shop yesterday. I got to the mall at 4:30 pm. Was out of the Santa shop by 4:45 pm!
There was no line and the whole shop took 7 minutes. I could not believe how lucky we got!

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

AnitaTNShopper
Star Contributor

Nashville, TN
USA
704 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  07:13:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got a last minute email about doing a shop for Yesterday. I was out with an age appropriate child, and it would have been perfect. Only thing it was not bonused, and they needed it to be input by 8:00 PM that night which was impossible with my schedule. This shop is not as desireable being reimbursement only. I think the original poster was tempted due to the bonus offered.

With the current state of the economy, I would think that photos with Santa is not top of the list, especially with so many free Santa sightings, and cell phone and digitial cameras readily available.

On another note, I had the opportunity to shop a Animal Theme fun place for kids on yesterday, and it was fun. Reimbursement only, but the fun that my little sister had was priceless. She had never heard of the place, nor had I but by the end of the day she was chantings its name. Also they had massage chairs for the waiting adults, and that was pure heaven for me!!!

MSPA Gold Certified 2006
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  07:33:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AnitaTNShopper
Only thing it was not bonused, and they needed it to be input by 8:00 PM that night which was impossible with my schedule.

I worked it out with my scheduler to have the shop entered later on. I did not get home until 10:30 PM.
The free Santa sightings are never as cool for the kids as the real sit-down ones. And with the economy being the way it is, memories are priceless. This is something my kids enjoy but I would not be able to pay for it on my own.
I think most parents would agree with me that this is indeed a great shop when you have kids.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

Kristi in VA
Valued Contributor

VA
USA
205 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  1:55:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In a couple of years I will be looking for shops like this for sure! Even at reimbursement only it would be a great treat for the kids. Right now my daughter is 2.5 and at that "very interested from a distance only" stage so I wouldn't actually try to get her picture taken with Santa and my son is 9 months and just doesn't care on way or the other.

Am I the only parent that thinks there are actually too many free Santa sightings these days?? It's got to be very confusing for the kids when Santa is just everywhere you go and looks different every time. When I was a kid the Santa at the mall was it! That was why it was so special to go and see him. So far this year Santa has been at our apartment complex, at a local moms club meeting and at the museum. For a mom just trying to explain the whole Santa thing for the first time this just seems a bit much. I know that they can be Santa's helpers but that is just a whole other layer to add on to an already kind of confused 2 year old.

Sorry, I know it's kind of off topic, but just something I've been thinking of.

Kristi
Happily shopping her way towards being debt-free!
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  3:47:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kristi, my daughter is three and yes, we see Santa everywhere, but I don't think she cares or notices that he looks different. Just the other day we saw a African American Santa dancing and all she asked me was why the other Santa's don't dance.

Go to Top of Page

Randi H
Star Contributor

Orange, Virginia
USA
931 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  5:48:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ahh but they do notice. When we went to the beach a few weeks ago I took the 4 year old to the mall to see Santa. Got home and on that Sunday when we got home we went to get our Christmas Tree. We go to where we cut them down, so they had a Santa there as well. Well if you ask my daughter what she is getting from Santa she says...well the one from the beach is bringing me... and the one from the other place is bringing me.... so they do notice.

Randi
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

AnitaTNShopper
Star Contributor

Nashville, TN
USA
704 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  6:32:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Servanne

[quote]
I think most parents would agree with me that this is indeed a great shop when you have kids.

I don't have kids, so I guess I would fall under the category of those that would need to borrow a child as is the original topic of this thread. And of course if you have kids, and this is your regular tradition, then yes reimbursement only would make the shop appealing.

MSPA Gold Certified 2006
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  6:46:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Randi H

Ahh but they do notice. When we went to the beach a few weeks ago I took the 4 year old to the mall to see Santa. Got home and on that Sunday when we got home we went to get our Christmas Tree. We go to where we cut them down, so they had a Santa there as well. Well if you ask my daughter what she is getting from Santa she says...well the one from the beach is bringing me... and the one from the other place is bringing me.... so they do notice.

Ha ha! When the Santa at the mall asked my daughter what she wanted, she replied "everything".
Go to Top of Page

Kristi in VA
Valued Contributor

VA
USA
205 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  7:49:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm glad to hear that the 3 year olds don't question it too much. I would hate for my kids to lose the magic of Santa so early on just from oversaturation.

LOL to the child who asked for "everything"! My 2 yr old daughter answered emphatically that she wanted "blue". This is her fav color of the moment, but I'm not sure exactly what blue thing she might be referring to. She was firm on the subject though so she certainly knows what she means anyway...

Kristi
Happily shopping her way towards being debt-free!
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  08:46:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not a good idea to visit Santa if you do not have to during the H1N1 flu season. Not a good year to borrow a kid if you don't have one!

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2016 :  05:08:44 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not seen these jobs this year.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums