Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 52

JanJojo
Star Contributor

West Virginia
USA
42759 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  2:07:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This has been a beautiful Halloween day!!! Temperatures in the mid 60's with lots of sunshine!!! Looks like this will be a perfect Trick or Treat night!!!! I won't be giving out candy this year!!! Instead I will be giving out stickers,Cottonelle puppies,glow in the dark Haunted Mansion cups,and little put them together yourself spinning tops!!!! I will not be helping dentists make money this year!!!

Janette Johnson
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50245 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  2:51:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
my weather is nice
Go to Top of Page

Heather86
Star Contributor

Bourbonnais (S. of Chicago), IL
USA
2015 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  2:56:56 PM  Visit Heather86's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is cold and rainy, but I have had some trick or treaters already who are brave enough.

I am giving our gold fish crackers and a book that I got free from Scholastic.
Go to Top of Page

.ChristinaHall
Inactive

Louisville, KY
USA
2126 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2005 :  05:26:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My weather is nice?!!

I was up late Saturday night, playing with friends on the internet, and finally shut the computer off around 2:00, 'cause it sounded like a storm was coming in.

Went upstairs, and got in bed to read...the rain was coming down really hard, and the wind, sounded like...actually did, sound like a train, with another sound behind or underneath it, (like there were two sounds together)....then heard lots of sirens.

The rest of the night was pretty scary, as my downstairs motion detector (the inside one) kept coming on, then going off, and it sounded like people were talking downstairs. (I was alone, and stupidly, both phones were downstairs)...I was too afraid to go down there, so stayed up there awake, most of the night.

When I got to work the next day (Sunday morning) I heard the news. A tornado had torn through our town, and some neighboring towns, killing (at least as far as we know right now, 22 people) with 20 still unaccounted for.

It destroyed a mobile home park, descimated Ellis Park, a horse racing track across the river in KY, killed 3 horses, but more may have to be put down, due to both physical, and psychological problems some are having.

It came in the middle of the night, caught most of us unaware, came V. close to the house my son was staying at that night...

Everyone I know and love is ok. A guy at work and his family still can't locate his sister...(she lives at the mobile home park)

It's been a sad few days for our area.

Other than that...the weather is beautiful, high 60's, balmy with a slight breeze...

Christina Hall
silver certified zqst3x
Go to Top of Page

Kimberly13

Colorado
USA
34 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2005 :  09:13:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The weather in Boulder, Colorado is beautiful. It's about 65-70 degrees, bright blue clear skys and very sunny. It is also breezy, which I like because I can hear my wind chimes.
Go to Top of Page

Mimi
Star Contributor

USA
1691 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  8:13:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here we go again!!! Does anyone have snow???

Mimi
Go to Top of Page

Nora
Star Contributor

PA
USA
6341 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  8:16:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do! I do! But only an inch or so and hoping it stays that way.
Go to Top of Page

AdAora
Star Contributor

Deep in the heart of, TX
USA
3770 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  8:24:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Mimi

We are slippin' and slidin' on ice tonight in the DFW area. Last Saturday we were in the upper 80s; tonight we are freezing! That's TX for ya!

Gold certified in TX
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  03:58:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi all, we had bad ice in Ohio last Saturday. This afternoon is the start of a large snowstorm that will bring us 3-5 inches. They say it will start snowing at around 3:00 pm. At least that was the prediction when I looked at the news last night.

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

Mimi
Star Contributor

USA
1691 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  04:41:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I heard about all the ice in Dallas, Ada. Hope they close the schools today because it gets really dangerous in your neck of the woods. I can't tell you how many of those I lived through when I was growing up. Stay safe and keep in touch.

You are sooooo lucky, Sandra and Nora...I want snow too!!!

I haven't been outside yet, but I know it is really cold out there. The dogs refuse to go out and it's back to puppy training papers!!

The people here in Lufkin have told me it NEVER snows here. These same people told me there has never been a hurricane in Lufkin. Hello Rita!!!

Mimi
Go to Top of Page

LindaCulp
Star Contributor

Portland, Oregon
USA
2339 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  1:06:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sorry, Mimi, but . . . I have snow, too.

Two days ago we had a fairly big snow storm. The entire world was covered in a blanket of white. They were predicting 14 inches in the mountains, and 2 to 6 inches in the valley. I think we got about 3 inches down here. We had to drive no faster than 30-35 mph everywhere, on the freeways and surface streets. It was also anywhere from 2 degrees F to 24 degrees F throughout that day and yesterday. No more snow has fallen yet, but the temperatures are staying in the 2-25 degree range.

The sun is out right now, but nothing's melting . . . it's too cold.

Happily shopping the Portland, Oregon metro area!
~MSPA *Gold* Certified, 2003~
Go to Top of Page

Mimi
Star Contributor

USA
1691 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  7:56:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Linda, I bet it is just beautiful!!!! Thanks for letting us know...I'm jealous because I want to see that white stuff in the worst way.

Are you able to travel around ok? Do you have tire chains?

Mimi
Go to Top of Page

Donnabella
Star Contributor

Peoria, AZ
USA
369 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  8:20:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm very pleased to be where I'm at. Please don't stone me, but I don't like snow. I lived in Washington as well as Idaho for the last ten years. It snows occassionally there and that was plenty for me. It's beautiful to look at, but unless it was the weekend when I didn't have to go anywhere...it was not fun.

I now live in Arizona, where I grew up...which of course has zero snow. We had a GORGEOUS day here. It was sunny all day with the high being around 65 degrees!! Now if it would only stay like this year round....I know I can't have everything!

Donna
Shopping the Metropolitan Phoenix Area
Go to Top of Page

EliseWeav
Star Contributor

Boston, MA
USA
528 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2005 :  11:51:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Snow & thunder, 30's!

Elise
Boston area, especially North Shore. Silver certified and shopping since 2004.
Go to Top of Page

Lisa Fleck
Star Contributor

Boston, MA
USA
367 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2005 :  2:16:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Boston mass. Snow finally let up. I was waiting at Haymarket Station in the city for a bus to go home today and saw a plane out of Logan airport get hit by lightning . Those of us on the ground that saw it thought the plane was blown up by terrorist as it was the first bolt from the lightening storm. I burst into tears thinking it was 911 all over again. I can't explain yet my emotions today

Lisa
Shop till you drop!
Go to Top of Page

LindaCulp
Star Contributor

Portland, Oregon
USA
2339 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2005 :  3:42:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mimi,

Traveling here is relatively easy, as long as you take it slow and watch for black ice. We have enough people here working snow blowers that keep the streets usable almost all the time. I don't have tire chains, because so far I haven't needed them.

I probably won't need them unless I want to go to Park City (up in the mountains), and even then, only in a heavy snow storm.

Don't wish too hard for snow; it's beautiful to look at, but it quickly becomes a pain in the to deal with (especially if your is smack-dab in it!), and it's TOO COLD!

Happily shopping the Portland, Oregon metro area!
~MSPA *Gold* Certified, 2003~
Go to Top of Page

Mimi
Star Contributor

USA
1691 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2005 :  04:22:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Linda, I'll only worry about you when I hear you are going to Park City in a blizzard...DON"T GO!!!!

Growing up in Dallas was fun because every once in a while, we had a beautiful snow fall. Since it doesn't happen often, they don't have all the snow equipment like you all do. Therefore, when we got it, everything closed and we were able to stay home and enjoy it.

I don't know if this still goes on there since I've been gone so long. Perhaps Ada will let us know. However, we always associated snow with no school...this made it more wonderful than it actually was!!

Mimi
Go to Top of Page

StaceyPH888
Valued Contributor

Port Orange, Florida
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2005 :  04:40:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We're going through a "cold snap" right now. I woke up to 49 degrees and it is only going up to 69 degrees. I grew up in Pennsylvania, so believe me I've had my share of freezing weather and ice. That is why I now live in sunny Florida, hurricanes and all!
Go to Top of Page

JenOfOhio
Contributor

Olmsted Falls, OH
USA
73 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2005 :  05:10:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Its snowing here as always. I hate snow and cold weather. I keep asking myself why am I living here.

MSPA Silver Certified - shopping the SW Cleveland, OH area
Go to Top of Page

Shasha
Valued Contributor

MS Gulf Coast
USA
241 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2005 :  07:56:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The weather along the MS Gulf Coast has been unusually cold for this time of the year. We have had record lows, which is good (No fog)!

Lows 30s, Highs 50s

mystery shopping along the mississippi gulf coast & mobile, al
mspa silver certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums