Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 52

Jen_in_MD
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  4:06:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Snow, snow, snow! They're calling for anywhere from 4-14" between tonight and tomorrow. A 10-inch range...that's typical of the forecasters around here!

MSPA Gold certified: #5bqyg3
Specializing in hotel, spa, and fine dining evaluations throughout MD, DC, and Northern VA
Go to Top of Page

MarionR
Star Contributor

Delaware County, PA
USA
345 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  4:26:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yeah Jen we have similar forecasts. In Phila its calling for 8-12 inches of snow.

Marion
Gold Certified July 2005
Go to Top of Page

JanJojo
Star Contributor

West Virginia
USA
42759 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  5:38:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
24 degrees here. Snowfall of 12 to 15 inches is expected here by tomorrow night.

Janette Johnson
Go to Top of Page

Malynda
Valued Contributor

Branchland, WV
USA
181 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  5:42:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow Jan you must be in the "higher elavations" they are always talking about on the news. I am so jealous! We have only a couple inches in Lincoln Co. I miss the snow! I was born and lived in MI until I was 17.
Go to Top of Page

JanJojo
Star Contributor

West Virginia
USA
42759 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  5:46:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I live within an hour's drive of several ski resorts.Now the skiiers will not have to depend on the machines to make the snow!!!

Janette Johnson
Go to Top of Page

Missy1970
Star Contributor

Logan, WV
USA
425 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  6:13:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have about an 1/2 inch right now. We are to recieve 3-5 inches by morning, but I don't see it happening.
My 9 year old has never got to go sleigh riding, I miss the good 35-42 inch snow falls, like when I was little.
Go to Top of Page

Carla in Kentucky
Valued Contributor

Glasgow, KY
USA
202 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  9:15:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We had 3 1/2 inches of snow overnight last night and it is snowing again now... My kiddos and I built a 7 ft. tall snowman today and rode on in innertube behind the four-wheeler, lol...

~*~Carla in Kentucky~*~
Go to Top of Page

KellyBear
Star Contributor

Fairfax, VA
USA
1198 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2006 :  08:02:20 AM  Send KellyBear an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can't tell how much is out there... looks like about 8 inches maybe? Enough to keep me inside for the day; I don't feel like shoveling myself out to go anywhere!
Go to Top of Page

Missy1970
Star Contributor

Logan, WV
USA
425 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2006 :  08:13:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I only have about 2 inches!!!
I want more.

But it is still snowing.
Go to Top of Page

CarolynRosell
Star Contributor

Vineland, NJ
USA
1417 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2006 :  08:57:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We got about 6", but it is still snowing.
I used to love to look out the windows when we got snow, but not today! When I looked out this morning all I could see was the huge tree that had fallen in my back yard and part of it landed on my shed!
Well, at least it didn't fall on my house!!

I shop Vineland, Deptford, Mays Landing and Atlantic City, NJ
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Jen_in_MD
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2006 :  09:39:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We wound up with close to a foot...definitely the most snow we've had in a long time! My wonderful DH "dug out" this morning before I even woke up! Thank goodness, we won't be cooped up for long! Stay warm and safe, everyone!

MSPA Gold certified: #5bqyg3
Specializing in hotel, spa, and fine dining evaluations throughout MD, DC, and Northern VA
Go to Top of Page

Missy1970
Star Contributor

Logan, WV
USA
425 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2006 :  11:19:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hot Dog!!!!
I have about 3 or 4 inches now and it is pouring the snow as I type!!!!

I love it.

LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW
Go to Top of Page

MA_Fong

Cambridge, MA
USA
31 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2006 :  12:24:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
More than a foot, and still snowing.... In my neighborhood, the Museum of Science and CambridgeSide Galleria Mall have been closed all day.

Fong
*MSPA GOLD Certified*
Go to Top of Page

Maureen5360
Star Contributor

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2006 :  1:46:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm doing a happy-dance with glee. For once the big snow missed us. It's clear and sunny with blue skies and temps about 18 degrees but about 4 inches of snow on the ground this past week. Normally we get hit hard, living on the Lake Erie shore, but this time the snow Gods are playing with other people.
Go to Top of Page

Mimi
Star Contributor

USA
1691 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2006 :  2:08:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The only thing "falling" here...leaves!!! I want some snow, please. I guess it's not gonna happen since the temperature is around 60 and there isn't a cloud in the sky...sigh.

Mimi
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2006 :  2:35:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maureen, Unless you are a teacher you might want to happy dance with some restraint. Around here they are predicting major snow later for the North Eastern OH Lake Erie region. I wish it would drift a little farther west. I've been sick this weekend and could use a day to rest up.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

Lena in Arkansas
Valued Contributor

Benton, AR
USA
102 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  12:32:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It went from the 70s yesterday to the 30s today when a front moved in last night. They're calling for a couple of inches of snow & ice tomorrow. I love getting snow, but the ice is a pain in the rear, because it knocks out the power lines every time, for at least a few days-- and I'll have to go through volition withdrawals!! My fiancee has his generator ready to use for lights, heat, water heater, etc. but I don't think he'll let me use it to play online, boo-hoo.

Live~~~Laugh~~~Love
Go to Top of Page

Kelly Robinson
Contributor

St. Louis, MO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  2:07:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We went from a beautiful 71 yesterday afternoon to 31 by 8 pm! Of course, that much of a shift brought the obligatory run to the basement for the tornado warning! Thankfully, no one wound up in Oz, but my head is killing me - those darn sinuses

Gold Certified 8/2004
Shopping St. Louis, MO and surrounding areas
Go to Top of Page

TBennis
Star Contributor

WI
USA
639 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  2:25:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cold Cold Cold and even colder. Did I mention it is cold. There is also a cold wind.

Tiffany
Go to Top of Page

Donnabella
Star Contributor

Peoria, AZ
USA
369 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  7:15:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Everyone is welcome at my house (those who don't like the cold and snow)!! Bring your sunglasses!!

It's been in the 70s and sunny. We had our first cloudy day today. Still no sign of rain though. We've been around 115+ days without rain. We do need it though. Everything is SUPER DUSTY!!

Donna
Shopping the Metropolitan Phoenix Area
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums