Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 52

JoyceBaldwin
Star Contributor

USA
4457 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  7:36:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is 5 degrees here in Kearney, Mo. and I don't like it!

Joyce Baldwin
Go to Top of Page

TBennis
Star Contributor

WI
USA
639 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  7:37:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I will be there tomorrow Donna

Tiffany
Go to Top of Page

Donnabella
Star Contributor

Peoria, AZ
USA
369 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  06:37:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yeah Tiffany!! I'll get the guest room ready!!

Donna
Shopping the Metropolitan Phoenix Area
Go to Top of Page

Missy1970
Star Contributor

Logan, WV
USA
425 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  07:11:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ok, I woke up to a surprise

It is snowing, last night on the weather it said just a dusting, well to my surprise, there is already an inch out there. It is still snowing.

31 degrees
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  07:22:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
wind chill of 8 below. Even my cold-weather-loving dog won't stay out in it.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

TBennis
Star Contributor

WI
USA
639 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  07:55:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It was 26 below zero when I woke up this morning and it was 39 below with the wind chill....it is a great day to stay home!!

Tiffany
Go to Top of Page

Heather86
Star Contributor

Bourbonnais (S. of Chicago), IL
USA
2015 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  10:07:42 AM  Visit Heather86's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
down right cold snap! Tuesday (my birthday) it was 57 degrees so I went for a nice 3 mile training walk before going out for dinner. 4 days later it so cold my ears froze off while waitng for Dairy Queen icecream last night. Hubby had teeth extracted and wanted icecream. The stuff in the house wasn't good enough. This morning it is about 5 degrees feeling very cold.
Go to Top of Page

Mimi
Star Contributor

USA
1691 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  12:03:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It seems to me that it is cold enough to snow here, but I haven't seen any flakes yet. Yesterday we had the air conditioner blasting...today, the heater.

Mimi
Go to Top of Page

GailGibbsYoung
Star Contributor

Salem, OR
USA
1003 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  1:22:15 PM  Visit GailGibbsYoung's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I feel like a weather Jonah!!!

Since I came to Oregon, they have had almost twice as much rain as normal!!! Houses in the Portland and Columbia River Gorge area are sliding down hills or enveloped in mud slides!!!

Now that we have had some sunny days, the Alaska Express is blowing in and the temps are down in the 20s at night and freezing all the early bloomers including my crocus, daffodils, and forsythia! We haven't seen temps much above 40!

Meanwhile, back in the DC area, temps have been mild. Finally they get a big snow storm (21" and I pat myself on the back for moving) and it only lasts for two days!!! If I were still back there it would have been April before you could see the grass again!

But, driving back from the grocery store this morning, since the sky are clear, I saw THE MOUNTAIN!!! Mt. Hood, in all its snowy glory, was beautiful in the sunlight. At least they love me up there. This has been their best ski season in about 4 years!

So, all in all, I love it and am happy to be out here.

MSPA GOLD CERTIFIED dejlg4
Go to Top of Page

Christy_LC
Star Contributor

Lake, Illinois
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  2:35:13 PM  Visit Christy_LC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is frigid here. I just finished a afternoon of printer demos. The printer aisle was located near the constantly open entry. I wore a coat and gloves the whole time. Apparently, a comfortable working environment is not a necessity for them. In addition to being cold, I was lonely. Not very many people ventured out today.

Christy
The shopper formerly known as ChrisLC
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  04:02:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Chris, You had a carbon copy of my day printers and all. No, heat is not a priority there. I am next to those doors too. I enjoy what I do but brrr. Its 4 lovely degrees here right now.

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

Denys Soto
Valued Contributor

USA
128 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  6:25:57 PM  Visit Denys Soto's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, I dont want to make enemies here but it was sunny, 75, and breezy today. But I tell you, sometimes I miss the cold!
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  6:47:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think that, too, until it comes and won't go away. It isn't fun to go out for a few minutes and be too cold to stay out. Can't walk or do much else outside. The daffodils, tulips, and hyacinths are up; I hope they don't get zapped.

Jan
Go to Top of Page

Chell
Star Contributor

GA
USA
814 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  12:17:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Rainy and 76 degrees

Chell
Go to Top of Page

Maureen5360
Star Contributor

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  6:28:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Right now it's a balmy 20* with several inches of snow piling up and a lovely shiney coating of freezing rain predicted for tonight. What a winter wonderland! (Are we having fun yet?)
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  05:01:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Its 27 lovely degrees here. We will cool down for a couple of days and have snow showers. I can't wait for spring. Oh to have the kind of mornings where you have breakfast on the patio. Just dreaming.

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

Mimi
Star Contributor

USA
1691 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  05:16:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Sandy, here I am on the patio drinking coffee and watching the fur babies bounce all over the yard!! It's probably around 70 something and should get into the 80's today. There are all kinds of flowers blooming in the yard that I didn't even know were there!! Also, there are beautiful white blooms all over a tree just off the deck that I didn't know about either. I'm really liking all these unexpected things going on here at our new place!!

Mimi
Go to Top of Page

Pearl B
Star Contributor

AR
USA
501 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2006 :  09:17:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Right now it is in the low 80s. The beginning of the week was mid 90s. I can't wait for the fall weather to get here and stay. I love the changing of the leaves. It is very beautiful.
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  11:07:43 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Beautiful! 70 to 75 and full sun.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

LindaCulp
Star Contributor

Portland, Oregon
USA
2339 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2007 :  12:07:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There is snow on the ground left over from our last snow fall about 5 days ago, the sun is out, the sky is clear, and temperatures are staying in the 19 to 35 degree F range during the day. Slowly, the temperatures are forecasted to move upward about 1 degree each day for the next few days.

I'm sure all the celebrities here from California for the Sundance festival are just thrilled by the cold and snow in Park City.

Luckily, my condo is insulated well enough that when I leave in the morning and the temperature is 69 degrees inside, by the time I get home the temperature has dropped only to 62 or 63. It always feels colder than that, though, when I first get in until I crank the heat up to 70-72.

I've had enough snow and cold for one winter, thank you very little.

Happily shopping the Portland, Oregon metro area!
~MSPA *Gold* Certified, 2003~
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums