Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 52

DarleneH
Star Contributor

Cleveland, OH
USA
1322 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2008 :  11:21:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Servanne- glad you're okay! How could that guy just leave you to get out yourself!! It's 12 here now- and sunny. Happy Winter.
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2008 :  8:20:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PamInCa
Servanne, I know it didn't seem funny to you, but listening to you tell the story during the heat of the moment was funny.

Pam, glad you can find humor in other people's misery.

Darlene, I am OK, otherwise I would not be joking about it. My car is drivable so I can still work! I am not sure what was up with the officer, but I've been thinking about it today and if there were three other skid marks in the same spot, I may very well have been the fourth motorist he was getting out of that same spot that morning. Guess I'd be annoyed to. Poor guy was just doing his job, I suppose and me being upset at him is quite unfair.

Yeah, well it's the Christmas spirit talking, 'cause normally, I would not be so repentant over getting mad at him...

EDITED TO ADD: oh, and the weather...well...right now it's -10, wind chill of -24. We had beautiful blue skies all day and blowing snow on the roadway, which made it look like there was no demarcation between the road, the shoulder, the ditch and the fields. Quite pretty, but quite dangerous as well, as when the road turns, you can hardly see it. It's also constantly moving, it looks like the sea. It's a country thing and I'm sure you guys who live in the middle of nowhere know exactly what I'm talking about! (I hope!!)

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2008 :  8:51:09 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Servanne

Yeah, well it's the Christmas spirit talking, 'cause normally, I would not be so repentant over getting mad at him...

That is certainly a change from the other day. That was the funny part.

So, is everyone staying in like they said to do? I heard this for many of the northeast states.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2008 :  9:13:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PamInCa
So, is everyone staying in like they said to do?

Nope. Had to go shopping (work and otherwise!).

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
Go to Top of Page

EllenNC
Star Contributor

Raleigh, NC
USA
498 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2008 :  6:26:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Servanne, Lisa, Marie, where are you? Are y'all okay up there? It's in the thirties here and my poor toes are frozen. We have a 2 lb Chihuahua and he has surfaced only when his bladder won't stretch any further.

Ellen
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2008 :  7:33:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here it went from in the mid 60's last week (with rain and fog), and over the weekend I think it made it up into the low 70's, then today it was in the low 30's. Go figure. Of course the drastic change in temps made one of my tires loose air pressure so I had to buy an air compressor. Got it blown back up and so far it seems fine. Well at least now the car has it's own air compressor to go with the one each truck has. (As long as we don't cut or blow a tire we will be able to blow the tire back up without the need of finding a gas station that has an air pump.)
Go to Top of Page

DarleneH
Star Contributor

Cleveland, OH
USA
1322 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2008 :  7:58:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's still 10 here. Every station has air- 4 minutes for .75, sometimes it takes two times to get them done. Never thought we'd pay for air!
Go to Top of Page

Teresa-WI
Valued Contributor

East Troy, WI
USA
192 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  06:13:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Another 12 inches today! That is on top of the 61 inches we have had since Dec. 1. Running out of room to plow all this white stuff, plus the plow is broke for the second time this year. At least we know for sure it is a white Christmas here.

Teresa Schilling
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50245 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  06:35:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is 40 right now but it is supposed to get up to about 65. Forecast for tomorrow and Christmas is 75.
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  08:59:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Snowing again and my husband called me around 7 am to say the roads were pretty bad. He'd rather I didn't drive - when he says that I take it pretty seriously.
SO I had to once again call the three companies I'm doing work for - all but one called right back saying that of course they understand and will work with me. Haven't heard from the other one, but what can I do?
Kids are going a little nuts, so if its better this afternoon I'm taking them out to play (lots and lots of indoor playgrounds around here) and maybe for lunch.
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  09:10:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yep, it's bad around here. Roads are not good, but I have to go and work. I am planning for a long, slow drive.
On the bright side, when it snows, it's not so cold. It's about 18 degrees with a wind chill at 7 above!

Servanne
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62074 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  11:28:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EllenNC

Servanne, Lisa, Marie, where are you? Are y'all okay up there?
It was bitter the last 48 hours.
Today it's seasonably warm at 24. It's snowing pretty good as I type with expected snow again of 6 inches. Looks like a long winter.
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  2:29:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was just out for a while, and the side streets are horrible. Plus people drive way too fast and get mad at me for going the speed limit. The highways are fine, but backed up. Around the Mall of America it is really busy (of course).
Go to Top of Page

EllenNC
Star Contributor

Raleigh, NC
USA
498 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  6:28:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Glad all of you are okay and I can't imagine all that snow. It was cold here today--about 47 but tomorrow we return to the 70's. If I don't get back Merry Christmas to all of you.

Ellen
Go to Top of Page

CDQuiring
Star Contributor

Mountain Lake, Minnesota
USA
1080 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2008 :  12:41:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is winter in Minnesota
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At twenty-five below

Oh, how I love Minnesota
When the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut

Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Minnesota
'Cause I'm frozen to the ground.

Darlene
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62074 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2008 :  12:46:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's 60 today, with lots of rain, thunderstorms and wind. All the snow has melted, except for the mounds that are piled. We're in several warnings for flooding. Tonight all the water will become an ice rink because it's going down to 25. Was strange hearing thunder in December.
Go to Top of Page

Shel
Star Contributor

MI
USA
474 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2008 :  12:47:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Last week we got 3 foot of snow.

Today it's 56 degrees and raining. That means the snow is melting rapidly and water is coming into the basement. Shop vac and sump pump going into overtime.

The crappy weather made us book a Vegas and California vacation today though!
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2008 :  3:33:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDQuiring

It is winter in Minnesota
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At twenty-five below

Oh, how I love Minnesota
When the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut

Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Minnesota
'Cause I'm frozen to the ground.

SO TRUE!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

EllenNC
Star Contributor

Raleigh, NC
USA
498 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2008 :  5:04:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Upper 40's and drizzling tonight. Today was cloudy but the temperature was pleasant.

Ellen
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2008 :  7:42:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Okay, so actually the weather was very nice today. In the 30's or so. It rained last night so most of the roads were clear, but sidewalks and other areas were very icy. But I decide to go out and work. Roads are fine, driving is fine, until I get into Lakeville MN and decided that I need to turn around. Lakeville has a lot of farms and I was looking for a certain gas station that I needed to audit and it seemed that I had gone to far, so I pulled into a driveway and got stuck. My back wheels were up in the air and my front tires were deep in ice. I was there for about 45 minutes and had over fourteen people stop to try to help me, including one mom with two ten year olds, who tried to push me out and then four really huge guys who sort of scared me, but one offered me a piece of gum and a coke. Not one of them could get me out. The people whose house I was in front of came out and asked if I needed anything - a cell phone or a blanket. Finally these guys in a pick up truck came by, hooked me up to them and pulled me out. Took them about five minutes and they were really nice.

It was Minnesota Nice at its best!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums